2003 Entertainers

blondie

Does anyone know if any of the entertainers from the 2002 shows (Graveyard Shift, Love My Country, etc) will be back performing in the 2003 shows? The guy who played "Patch" in Graveyard Shift is very talented. Was just wondering if he would be back for another season.

Thank you for the replies Return_of_Yogi and teenageninja. There was some great talent at the park last year. I don't see how anything could top Graveyard Shift, so I'm anxious to see the new shows for this year. Teenageninja, you mentioned something about the 'schedule'... is it awful for the Entertainers? Have they already started rehearsing for the 2003 season?

Sounds like a rough schedule for Entertainers! They put in a lot of time and work doing the shows. Plus, with all the rehearsals and practices prior to that... they must not have too much free time. Thanks SML828 for clearing up that 2003 show page for me. I didn't think those were the correct shows. It's a shame that they are changing the Entertainment setup this year. I read in one of your posts about it being "in-house" productions. That puts a lot of pressure on KI and their Entertainment Dept to come up with shows.... the songs, the sets, the choreography, etc etc. What a huge task that must be.

I've been to theme parks from New Jersey to Florida to California and even in Japan and South Korea. In my humble opinion, with the exception of Disney and Universal Studios, GRAVEYARD SHIFT WAS THE MOST AWESOME SHOW THAT I HAVE EVER EVER SEEN AT A THEME PARK!!!!!!!!! I was very disappointed to learn that it wouldn't return. The show was brilliantly choreographed, the songs was great, the special effects and stage set rocked, and yes...............the performers were awesomely talented - especially Medusa (who looked like Elvira). If I could, I've buy a VHS/DVD of the show. And if I were a rich man - I'd get into the theater business and hire each and everyone of those talented young folks.

It's weird (to me) how people have differing opinions about the shows...especially from those in the department. Maybe it's because we see them up to 35 times a week :-) I thought Graveyard Shift was pretty good (depending on the cast) - of course when you know people you have favorites. My favorite of all time though has got to be 'Retro: Repeat The Beat' - it was at the International Shooplace in 96. Best cast, best music, one of the best summer's I've had...it was my first year ushering...

I remember "Retro: Repeat the Beat"... that was a good show. Being an usher SML828, did they rotate you on the different shows or did you work the same show all season?

I agree with italianchef... Graveyard Shift was the best show I've seen come through Kings Island. It even won a Big-E award at the 2002 IAAPA awards. The music was great, the sets, the choreography, and of course... the cast. They were all great, but must admit that "Patch" was my favorite :-)

I knew someone from Graveyard Shift...she said that they could take off one day a week, and some days they could take off the first or last 2 shows. But that's about it. And I loved Graveyard. My favorite performance was the day Medusa came down into the audience and danced with me. The entire audience was clapping. All my coworkers were doing was laughing at me.

"I remember "Retro: Repeat the Beat"... that was a good show. Being an usher SML828, did they rotate you on the different shows or did you work the same show all season? "

blondie - It varied...If you were an usher you were at one specific show for the most part...either Nickelodeon or Paramount Theatre. Enchanted Theatre & Showplace were covered by the same crew...I was @ Showplace/Enchanted Theatre for most of my years. The shows like Karaoke, etc were covered by anyone...

Once you are a supervisor you are stationary at the same show, except I was lucky enough to be a Swing Supervisor which meant that I would work at every show...basically when the stationary had the day off, I would be there - or just when they needed an extra body...It was nice not seeing the same show EVERY day...

Probably more than ya wanted to know...

I think I heard that they replaced "Patch" near the end of the show's cycle. Any clarification on that?  

~Shadow~

Hi Shadow. "Patch" was not replaced.... he was there throughout the entire show cycle. I know that at least two other Graveyard Shift performers would fill in for him on his days off, but the main "Patch" performed the entire season. I hope he's back this season as that guy is incredibly talented ;-)

SML828, thank you for the info on your Ushering. Goodness, I bet you knew those shows by heart... bet you knew every word to every song and even the dance moves! You probably could have been up on stage performing.

Bingog34, sounds like you had an awesome time when Medusa danced with you! Any ladies out there dance with Dr Funk during the part of the show where he came into the audience? I'm a bit shy, so I steered clear from that side of the theatre :-)