Kings Island 2009 Tidbit

BoddaH1994

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god they're bringing back the horse collars on Flight of Fear. NO!!!!!!!! :o

lol, that made me laugh :D Hm, I wonder what it will be. any ideas anyone?? lol

Maybe another show will be brought back to the Festhaus.

i wonder, Antique cars? lol prob not

God I wish they'd bring the eagles back, sure do miss them.

Well, considering that there is a new show in the Festhaus this year (replacing Girls Night Out from last year), I would not look for this to be a new show in the Festhaus. I think it is safe to say that this "new" thing is not a capital expenditure project (ie new rides). My guess would be some sort of live entertainment perhaps? Something other than a live show? Or maybe a parade? Or what about a table service food in Wings instead of all you can eat? Or what about a series of concerts beyond just the Spirit Song lineup at Timberwolf? There are lots of possibilities.

And I would not count on Nick going any where in 2009 at Kings Island. Don`t read too much into this. Good grief!

Well, considering that there is a new show in the Festhaus this year (replacing Girls Night Out from last year), I would not look for this to be a new show in the Festhaus. I think it is safe to say that this "new" thing is not a capital expenditure project (ie new rides). My guess would be some sort of live entertainment perhaps? Something other than a live show? Or maybe a parade? Or what about a table service food in Wings instead of all you can eat? Or what about a series of concerts beyond just the Spirit Song lineup at Timberwolf? There are lots of possibilities.

And I would not count on Nick going any where in 2009 at Kings Island. Don`t read too much into this. Good grief!

Some kind of upgrade to Wings would seem to make sense, given its proximity to Diamondback's queue. It seems logical that there would be a sizeable increase in foot traffic to that area.

I like those ideas and the possibilities for what will come back. I think a parade would be fun. Families would probably enjoy an idea like a parade. This is what I was meaning by something new or interesting KI will do for in the future, sounds like KI has a lot in store for its guests for the 2009 season! can't wait!

I would say the chances of seeing recaR again this year are about the same as the chances of seeing Kings Island host Winterfest again in 2009. Theoretically possible, but in actuality the chances are somewhere between slim and none.

Maybe that's it Interpreter. Maybe they are bringing back Winterfest! Haha I wish.

Maybe they are hosting the Nickelodeon Parade again.

Do we know how old [this " thing" KI is bringing back] it is.....like 3 years or 10 years???

When I read the first post the first thing that popped into my mind was Rivertown and the addition of Diamondback. We already know that The Beast is getting a redesigned entrance kind of similar to how it was when The Beast first opened so the first thing in Rivertown after that was the train (KI&MVRR) Maybe theming coming back to life on the train in 2009?

I didn`t even think of The Beast paw prints. But now that you mention it, that would add a classic element back to the park, and cost a trivial amount of money (albeit more than a few nickels). Not to mention that this is The Beast will be 30 years old this year, and still the longest wooden roller coaster in the world after all these years!

Maybe they'll bring back SoB's loop. lol just kidding!

I was curious though, how can they use the I-Street restaurant for "Breakfast with the characters" but they can't use it for a restaurant. I thought I read on here somewhere they couldn't use it because there is no elevator for handicapped people, so how can they use it for events like Breakfast with the characters? I think it would be awesome if they remodeled the whole inside to make it up to date looking and reopened it as a sit down restaurant.