Kings Island 2009 Tidbit

BoddaH1994

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, I hope it is Kings Mill Log Ride and they get rid of the Stupid Elephant!

Amen, I ride the log flume about 20 times during October when the elephant is off, and 0 times the rest of the year as walking around with a soaked shirt doesn't do anything for me.

Doubt this would happen but I vote for the return of the International Restaurant

How about bring back both The International Restaurant and International Street, and actually have the shops like they use to, with interesting boutiques, these kind of things make the day enjoyable for those to old to ride, my mom can spend all day in the craft shops in frontier town at Cedar Point, she has little to do at KI.

God, I hope it is Kings Mill Log Ride and they get rid of the Stupid Elephant!

Amen, I ride the log flume about 20 times during October when the elephant is off, and 0 times the rest of the year as walking around with a soaked shirt doesn't do anything for me.

Doubt this would happen but I vote for the return of the International Restaurant

Awww, come on!! You don't have to ride the log flume to enjoy the elephant. I never have ridden the ride, but thoroughly enjoy standing there watching people get soaked by him. And I like dare-to-fly's name for him, Ellie. Sounds fitting. The name "Soaker" would fit too. :)

^^^ uhhhh......what?...

Apparently the park has made reasonable accommodations for the disabled, in order for the restaurant to be so used. And the inside of the restaurant has been remodeled, as attendees of recent events there and the pictures of those events posted here can attest.

I guess I should have been more specific. I was talking more about the 70s Lights, wallpaper, and stuff like that. Or they could keep it how it is, sort of as a "step back into park history"

As was stated before, they have used the International Restaurant last year for the morning character breakfasts. I would look for that to continue. I would not look for the IR to become a restaurant like a Fridays or full service table restaurant anytime soon though. The only elevator that services the second floor is located in the kitchen area. But for having small events like the character breakfasts, it is a perfect location with a great view of International Street.

Actually, you haven`t always said that. You probably heard me say something similar.

Umm, WHAT?

1. Actually, I've never heard you say that. Not saying you havn't, but I havn't been around to hear it.

2. How the heck do you know what I say or don't say? Just because I don't say it here doesn't mean I don't say it.

Jackson, who doesn't really know how to feel......

Oh, I don't know...Gemini is steel wood but recaR wood not be steel still.

:lol:

Gemini's faster, its capacity destroys Racer's, its track is longer, and its first drop is longer and steeper.

I also find it hilarious that through some research, I found that recaR was turned forward after it was deemed an ACE landmark. Unless recaR comes back, I (along with many others I know) will be walking right past it.

Speaking as someone who almost always rode forward Racer anyway, it's nice to have both sides running forward for comparison, for races when you have one person go to red and the other go to blue (when it's racing), and I like the view of The Beast's lift hills from the turnaround. So at least one of us is almost happy. Kill the trims and I'll be happy. ;)

Believe it or not, if I could make only ONE change from the following two:

* No longer use trim brakes on Racer and Beast except in extreme emergencies

OR

* Remove high density urethane foam from Racer and Beast trains and replace with soft cotton cushioning and leather upholstery, as the trains were originally delivered, and remove the high back seat dividers and replace with the seat dividers commonly found on similar PTC trains elsewhere in the USA

I would without the slightest hesitation opt for the second option. I honestly believe the rock hard "cushioning" on Ohio wooden coasters, SFOG wood coasters and Rolling Thunder at Great Adventure has greatly detracted from what could be far more superb ride experiences without in any way improving safety.

* Remove high density urethane foam from Racer and Beast trains and replace with soft cotton cushioning and leather upholstery, as the trains were originally delivered, and remove the high back seat dividers and replace with the seat dividers commonly found on similar PTC trains elsewhere in the USA

I have three thoughts:

1. I hope you're not talking about the ones that are hollow in the middle. OUCH!

2. Can we have the single position lap bars back then? (yeah, right!)

3. Can't we have both options, as this would be the best for improving the quality of the ride!? Especially with The Racer, which doesn't need a trim anyway. (I'm not having that argument again, I'm just stating my opinion. The first argument was bad enough. I'm sure those that remember it agree.)

Oh, I don't know...Gemini is steel wood but recaR wood not be steel still.

:lol:

Gemini's faster, its capacity destroys Racer's, its track is longer, and its first drop is longer and steeper.

I also find it hilarious that through some research, I found that recaR was turned forward after it was deemed an ACE landmark. Unless recaR comes back, I (along with many others I know) will be walking right past it.

1. Just because it may be faster, have a shorter line, a longer track, and a longer first drop, does not make it better. Not saying Gemini is better, but it does not place higher then Racer in my opinion.

2. Yes, it was turned around after it was deemed a landmark. So? There is absolutely nothing mentioned about recaR in the Plaue Text. The Landmark Status was given because it sparked the Second Golden Age of Roller Coasters. You can read it here. The recaR was a meer media stunt to bring people back. It was extremely popular and it was kept that way for 24 years instead of one weekend.

3. I prefer the Red Racer to recaR without a doubt. PTC does not recommend running the trains backward, and for a good reason. Instead of being pushed back into the head rests like normal, you are flung into the lap bars, which my mid section does not like. When we hit the brakes, my head gets slammed back into the head rest. Not to mention, the track itself was very rough. Overall It was just not an enjoyable ride. If you like the feeling of not knowing where your going, close your eyes for hevens sake.

4. You will be walking right past it? Giga, Giga, Giga. I expected better from you. When and if we meet at Kings Island, I am getting you on the Red Racer. Period.

I too loved recaR, and I was so angry when I hear they were turning it around. However by the middle of the season last year, I didn't even care anymore. It was so much fun to ride it when they were racing them. The ride ops also did an excellent job to pump up the riders to race, by having cheering contests, and stuff like that. I was never so excited to ride The Racer until last season. Although I miss recaR, I don't really mind that it's gone because of the massive improvement to The Racer ride experience. B)

I think it is the clown band that is returning...main reason why i say this is because why would they be having auditions for instruments like tuba, trombone, trumpet and others like that? they could also be bringing back some sort of parade also which would be logical along with them having people audition as an entertainer who plays instruments....just a thought though....plus I have an audition for KI the 14th playing the trombone....main reason why I think its the clown band

Im thinking it may have something to do with Paramount story. That area hasnt had anything done to it yet. I think it would be great to see a history walk or something there. Showing the history by year and that would give them something to do with Trains and stuff from the old rides. Idk just though it be cool