Kings Island 2009 Tidbit

BoddaH1994

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking it may have something to do with Paramount story. That area hasnt had anything done to it yet. I think it would be great to see a history walk or something there. Showing the history by year and that would give them something to do with Trains and stuff from the old rides. Idk just though it be cool

that would be neat....especially if they put one of the cars from The Bat in there...but sadly, imo I dont think this will happen

I didn`t even think of The Beast paw prints. But now that you mention it, that would add a classic element back to the park, and cost a trivial amount of money (albeit more than a few nickels). Not to mention that this is The Beast will be 30 years old this year, and still the longest wooden roller coaster in the world after all these years!

yeah, true, and they have discussed something about The Beast Entrance because some guests can't always find it easily

do you know if they're doing anything with that area or just leaving it as a garden. id like to see them do a little something more. not a whole lot or anything but...you know...just a little something something. not gonna lie i miss the paramount story...i always enjoyed walking through and looking at all the stuff back there

I think what could be returning is the pond by The Beast entrance, with the running water and everything! I think this, along with the paw prints would bring The Beast back to how it was before. And since it's The Beast's 30th anniversary and they said they would be bringing something back this sounds like the perfect fit!

G-Force, sending in his two cents...

First time I rode The Beast (95 I believe) - I also believe they had foot prints then, but perhaps not. My wife and I were standing in a huge line, way out of the queue and into the park proper. Some late teens in front of us were eating ice cream cones, for one of them the ice cream fell out and hit the asphalt. It was a HOT day, the ice cream was already soft, and the kid picks it up and starts eating it. Thinking of thousands of shoes, the somehat sticky asphalt, ewwww!!!!!

I rode The Racer backwards back then, I wasn't impressed, it just seemed to hurt if memory serves. It was awhile ago, and did NOT hurt anything like King Cobra did. This past year we returned to KI - The Racer ended up being one of my favorite rides - the front seat was great. Of course I'm a sucker for Gemini too!!!

The Beast paw prints have come and gone numerous times over the years. Last time they had them was in 2004, I believe. But those "prints" were not unique to Beast alone.

I expect most of you are too young to recall that Top Gun (errr... Flight Deck), Beastie (errrr... Fairly Odd), Outer Limits (err... Flight of Fear) and Vortex (errr... Vortex) all once had "prints" leading to them.

Shaggy

The Beast paw prints have come and gone numerous times over the years. Last time they had them was in 2004, I believe. But those "prints" were not unique to Beast alone.

I expect most of you are too young to recall that Top Gun (errr... Flight Deck), Beastie (errrr... Fairly Odd), Outer Limits (err... Flight of Fear) and Vortex (errr... Vortex) all once had "prints" leading to them.

Shaggy

I don't remember some of those. I've been riding FOF since 1996 but don't remember any kind of prints or even any very good signage (except for the sign at the base of Racer's hill) leading to FOF. I seem to remember something leading to Vortex but don't remember what. Same with Beastie.