Kings Island 2009 Tidbit

BoddaH1994

I think what could be returning is the pond by The Beast entrance, with the running water and everything! I think this, along with the paw prints would bring The Beast back to how it was before. And since it's The Beast's 30th anniversary and they said they would be bringing something back this sounds like the perfect fit!

G-Force, sending in his two cents...

That would be pretty awesome if they did bring both of those back for '09.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember some of those. I've been riding FOF since 1996 but don't remember any kind of prints or even any very good signage (except for the sign at the base of Racer's hill) leading to FOF. I seem to remember something leading to Vortex but don't remember what. Same with Beastie.

Outer Limits, Flight of Fear had the ride's logo stenciled along Coney Mall. It stretched from The Racer's Lift hill back towards the former Flight Commander area. These only existed partially through 1996. Also, in 1995, when construction began on OL:FOF, a gigantic sign was placed on the side of The Racer's Lift Hill vaguely advertising the new space-themed coaster... without saying what it was.

Vortex was a stencil of the iron hand logo. It stretched from The Vortex "house" back down Coney Mall to where the former Rock Shop was.

Beastie used orange baby paw prints. They ran in a random pattern through HB Land.

Top Gun used a stencil of the Flying Jet logo. These stretched from the ride entrance back through what was then Adventure Village.

King Cobra and Flight Commander also had "prints" that were used along paths in their earlier years.

Kings Island used them on many attractions when they were new... mainly for crowd/que control.

Shaggy

I don't remember some of those. I've been riding FOF since 1996 but don't remember any kind of prints or even any very good signage (except for the sign at the base of Racer's hill) leading to FOF. I seem to remember something leading to Vortex but don't remember what. Same with Beastie.

Outer Limits, Flight of Fear had the ride's logo stenciled along Coney Mall. It stretched from The Racer's Lift hill back towards the former Flight Commander area. These only existed partially through 1996. Also, in 1995, when construction began on OL:FOF, a gigantic sign was placed on the side of The Racer's Lift Hill vaguely advertising the new space-themed coaster... without saying what it was.

Vortex was a stencil of the iron hand logo. It stretched from The Vortex "house" back down Coney Mall to where the former Rock Shop was.

Beastie used orange baby paw prints. They ran in a random pattern through HB Land.

Top Gun used a stencil of the Flying Jet logo. These stretched from the ride entrance back through what was then Adventure Village.

King Cobra and Flight Commander also had "prints" that were used along paths in their earlier years.

Kings Island used them on many attractions when they were new... mainly for crowd/que control.

Shaggy

And Shaggy comes through for us again. :D

I wonder if anyone has pictures of any of these? I remember The Beastie and Vortex ones, but I still don't remember the FOF ones - I may not have been there when they were, I only visited the park later in that year. The Vortex ones were when I was still terrified of that coaster. Flight Commander was almost before my time, and King Cobra was installed the year I was born, so I don't remember them. I don't know that I ever even entered Adventure Village when Top Gun was new.

the only one i remember is beast prints cuz those were there foreeeever. i don't remember much of old H-B (i almost forgot about the benches until they had the 1975 celebration for when Robbie K came to jump and they put some out near KI theater) so The Beastie prints may have been there when i was little (i'm 22 so if anyone has years for all these prints that might help hehe) it seems like i should remember OL:FOF's teaser sign at least.

they should have those paths again. but then again it was funny for a while to stand up on the Eiffel Tower and watch the completely lost guests (the 'i know where im going' ones that will NEVER ask for directions, or the ones who think its faster to just run the wrong way and find out than to bother stopping to ask lol) run through NC and/or rivertown trying to be the first on Firehawk, but it would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Well..... funny story.

As I posted in the thread that someone created as a poll for this tidbit, what was old and will become new again will be the return of Bubba Gumps Shrimp Shack. Since then, plans have changed and we'll will see the amazing continuation of Outter Hanks. So what's old becomes vintage, I suppose. :P

Well..... funny story.

As I posted in the thread that someone created as a poll for this tidbit, what was old and will become new again will be the return of Bubba Gumps Shrimp Shack. Since then, plans have changed and we'll will see the amazing continuation of Outter Hanks. So what's old becomes vintage, I suppose. :P

Vintage is the new new.

Good. Unless Cedar Fair was being paid by Bubba Gumps to be there, in which case, too bad it didn't happen. Right now, perhaps more than at any time since the Great Depression, the park, and all parks, (and not unlike most any business) needs to be sure every dime spent goes directly to improving the customer/guest experience in measurable ways (and yes, compensating employees does that...but does paying money, if that is what it was, for the Bubba Gumps franchise matter at all to the average guest? Does Nick? Then the question becomes is it worth the expense...sometimes yes, sometimes no...)