How Often Do Forum Members Run Into Eachother At Parks

Jaredap88

I saw Captain Nemo all the time last year working The Beast. He's good people.

I've seen Ryan and Dane and CoastersRZ (sorry but I don't think I actually know your real name) walking around the park before.

Blurry Photographic Evidence ala Bigfoot:

BlurryPictureEvidence.jpg

Hopefully I will be seeing at lot of you at opening day and Ride Warriors.

Hey i would like to meet you one day at the park if you want to meet up i will be at Kings Island on opening day so i guess if i had your cell i could txt u and we can meet one day at kings isalnd and ride the dimondback. all i need is your cell number.

Hah. Old Terpy lives and dies by his cellphone at home and at work. But, texts drive the old fool batty, and he sees moments in parks as moments of freedom when he is not reachable. No txts to Terp in parks. Thankfully.

Hey i would like to meet you one day at the park if you want to meet up i will be at Kings Island on opening day so i guess if i had your cell i could txt u and we can meet one day at kings isalnd and ride the dimondback. all i need is your cell number.

Hah. Old Terpy lives and dies by his cellphone at home and at work. But, texts drive the old fool batty, and he sees moments in parks as moments of freedom when he is not reachable. No txts to Terp in parks. Thankfully.

Must be an "age" thing Terp.

texting makes NO sense to me either. I watch my 12 year old do it, and her hour of texting could have been wiped out with a 5 minute phone call using the same device.

Time wasting factors don't make sense either, it kills her to have to wait 1 minute for a microwave meal, but the text thing is OK!!!!

Must be an "age" thing Terp.

texting makes NO sense to me either. I watch my 12 year old do it, and her hour of texting could have been wiped out with a 5 minute phone call using the same device.

Time wasting factors don't make sense either, it kills her to have to wait 1 minute for a microwave meal, but the text thing is OK!!!!

You hit the nail right on the head...I agree completely...but I doubt any of the kids will...it's kinda like alcoholics...they can't see they have a problem but everyone else can!

I find texting very useful but kids go crazy with it. I use it to avoid a long conversation, to get a quick message to someone or if I am in a meeting or class and need to communicate but can't call. I think the back and forth thing is crazy. My neice makes thousands of txts each month! I always call if I need to reply to someone replying to my txt. As far as the age debate, I'm 31.

I'm 19, and send maybe 2 texts a day, if that. I typically text when I'm not sure if the recipient is available to talk (in class, church, at work, etc). Texting, IMO, is typically less interruptive (a few quick beeps versus a prolonged ring(tone)) than a phone call, and is also easier to check than a voicemail (thanks to cell companies' needlessly long automated menus in the voicemails). Most of my texts act as a voicemail, just giving a basic message with a "call me when you're free". While I don't understand full-out conversations via text (unless it's during a time where the people shouldn't be talking anyway), I certainly see the benefit of having such a capability.

Or maybe I just don't have enough cool friends with whom I can hold conversations. Or I'm older than I think.

I agree with the texting topic. I don't see the point of it at all. Neither does my other half. But her little sister is always texting. Actually I do not think that I have ever seen her even talk on her cell phone.

I have the feature on my phone, but only use it to answer texts recieved. I never send texts first. And I only return them rarely. I prefer a good phone call anyday over a text.

However I can think of One time when texting was sweet. A good friend of mine was at a U.F. Gators regular season football game ( home opener ) against ..cough cough...Ole Miss...cough. I could not attend this game, but I was watching it on television. My friend kept sending me texts, like, OH MY!, or My Goodness!, and one memorable WT-! Anywho, I would recieve the texts, before the delayed signal on the television, so I knew just mere moments before something big was about to happen. This would be a sweet tool if one was betting on game plays.

And how was that aside not on topic? After all, if forum members here don't meet each other at Ride Warrior Weekend, when will they ever be likely too? Plus, how is your post telling us to get back on topic (when were on topic) itself on topic?

My head hurts (plus, I thought we had mods...and I don't remember seeing your name on that list!) :)

Finally, since you seen so entranced with following the rules, is your signature banner of the size specified in the TOS? (It is not, by the way).

EDIT: I see your banner is now compliant. Thanks.

I've never met anyone from this site, but I met everyone from PB on opening day at CP last year, and I ran into a few of them in everyone of my visits. It's pretty funny how even though I live 300 miles away, and only went to CP for 3 trips, I still ran into familiar faces. Small world.

OK back on topic. I have only ran into one member as i can picture out. i was in line for BLSC and i see avatar, it was nov. 2nd i was taking pics for a PTR and i call my dad to take pics knowing he was there but didnt want to confront him so i called my dad made sure i said KIC at least 3 times real loud so he would hear, he then noticed me and asked who i was, we rode on the same train it was me in front train and his daughter and him in the second car. a breif talk but nice to meet somebody. :)

^I love this entire community of KIC because they are all nice people and will say Hi if you go up to them and say Hi yourself. This is truly a great website and it is great to meet up with people on this website. Now i just need to meet people. Haha.

I would love to meet some awesome people om the site as well. I'll be working in Admission thus year so if you see a guy that looks just like the one in my personal photo that is my twin. Totally kidding I don't have a twin, that is me. Say Hi to me! I hope to see some of you guys/girls around the park too.

i imagine i'll run into people quite a bit this year. i plan on being there just about every weekend the park is open and possibly quite a few weekdays (since as of now i only work every other day...and depending on if i have a car to drive down or not seeing as how i dont have my own anymore) but yeah if i do see anyone from here im sure they'll have to say hi first cuz im just that shy of a person haha

• 2 months later...
Besides at events, I have only ran into a few KIC people. When I suspect I see a Coaster Geek, I start talking about KIC kinda loud so they'll hear me and join in.

Haha, that's how I met Dare-to-fly :D

On topic: Yeah, it actually happens pretty often if you're good with remembering the faces you see as profile pictures on here and don't mind walking up and asking somebody if they're from KIC.

I took both of my girls and a couple of their friends 5/15 and the first thing we hit was DB. First time to ride I might add! The girls were in the rows in front of me and I of course rode by myself :( . But I did ask the single rider that sat next to me if he was a member of KIC forums ( he seemed so knowledgable of the coaster) but he wasn't. I was so hoping it was one of you guys!

Maria

LOL thats what i did with Beatle on opening day this year. I had spied him and his boys at Haunt one night, i found out later didnt know it at the time) and thanks to me readin PTR's knew what they looked like, and in line for Vortex i kept thinking "i know him...." lol finally just said hey are you on KIC and he laughed and went yup i was thinking the same thing. lol so don't be afraid to. whats the worst that happens they look at you funny and you never have to talk to them again and maybe they join the site afterwords?! lol ok maybe not but still

I've given random shout outs to people in a KIC shirt (so if someone randomly yells "KIC!" at you, it's probably me. :D ) and also been like "hey, you're on KIC aren't you?" if I think I recognize you from pictures on the site. I've met many people this way. :)