Hard Rock Park SOLD!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third group joins coaster ride to ownership at Hard Rock Park:

"The process proposed by the sale motion has been completely unfair to other bidders interested in the assets, provides FPI with a complete and unfair advantage over all other parties, and most certainly will not maximize the recovery to the debtors' estates," the document filed Monday states.

Coastal's offer is not contingent on financing, and the group can close the sale immediately if the court approves it, the document states. Plus, Coastal is not asking for the price to be discounted if the closing does not occur by Friday, as FPI is....

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/loca...ory/786777.html

SOLD to FPI MB Entertainment:

Wilmington, Del. | A judge has approved the sale of Hard Rock Park to FPI MB Entertainment for $25 million. The sale is scheduled to close no later than 5 p.m. Thursday, but could happen as early as Wednesday.

Delaware bankruptcy court Judge Kevin Carey called the price adequate and the process rigorous. "Anyone who wanted the opportunity to bid had it," he said. FPI wants to keep the Hard Rock brand but has agreed to destroy any Hard Rock-branded merchandise before the park opens if there is no agreement on extending the license agreement, lawyers for the companies said in court.

The judge overruled the objection of Coastal Entertainment, a company out of Finland that said it wanted to bid $25.5 million. Officials with legal and accounting firms involved in the case it would take at least 10 to 14 days for the company's funding to come through to the United States, and they could not confirm a claim by the company that it had wired in a down payment of $2.5 million.

Carey said Coastal Entertainment came "to the court too little and too late." A lawyer for Coastal Entertainment, Karen Bifferato, said she believed her client's bid, given time, would have been the better offer....

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/679/story/787109.html

To be more specific it is behind the old Waccamaw stores on U.S. 501.

I too hope that they don't keep the Hard Rock theme.

The Hard Rock theme seems like it costs a lot of money to keep around. I seriously doubt that it gives them more than 2.5M of "goodwill."

Also IIRC the ticket cost was pretty high, especially for the number/quality of rides.

Last year's season passes to be honored again this year.

Also, the price of an annual pass will also be reduced from $150 to about $75.

Baker said FPI MB would put $15 million into the park before fully reopening the venue for Memorial Day weekend. Improvements for this year include adding three or four children's rides and focusing on keeping the park's four roller coasters open. Breakdowns plagued some of the rides last year...

Much, much more here:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/135/story/788679.html

Will be very interesting to see what changes they make immediately to the park. Goodwill has already been created locally because FPI bought the property and they are honering seasson passes, although I doubt many were sold.

Article from Forbes

Looking for an admission price at $40 is still to high in my opinion. There isn't enough in the park to warrant that price, not yet and not after what the park has been through. Like I have seen in other articles I think the price needs to be around $30 to $35 for admission.

^

Exactly! Especially with the economy the way it is. Folks that will be going to Myrtle Beach this year are going to be on reduced budgets and they might already know about HRP and its history from last year. The park needs to greatly discount this seasson. Set your standad ticket price around $30 - $35 and then offer discounts through hoteliers, AAA, and other businesses in the area. The park does not have enough attractions or shows to justify a high admissions price and I doubt that changes between now and their slated opening day.

Agree! Myrtle Beach is a family destination and hot spot for retired folks and bus tours. The Hard Rock brand does not scream family fun nor pull those other demographics. I could see them keeping the music theme, but when you have a ride like Nights in White Satin you are not kidding anyone. I honestly could see HRP working if it became more of an Opryland or even DollyWood style park and based its shows and rides in that style. Look at the Carolina Opry in Myrtle Beach as the perfect example of what works and sells tickets in that market.