Diamondback Queue

KIAlumnus

Well this will be the first year in 10 years that I will miss opening day at Kings Island.

However, my reason is simple.... It's my wedding day.

Maybe my best man and I can come up on opening day and ride Diamondback in our Tuxs.... but that may not go over well.

Anyways. What does everyone think the queues will be like for Diamondback?

4 hours? 5 hours? 6 hours?

Last year, I overheard a park employee say that 5 hour queue times will probably be on the low end for most of the year.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

And, if it is like every other B & M hyper I have seen, and it will be--perhaps even more so--the crews will be happy, enthusiastic, efficient, safety minded and FAST! No finer crews have I ever seen than those on Nitro, Goliath, Apollo's Chariot, etc. They rival the best of The Beast crews, and that's saying something!

^Terpy, if you liked The Beast crew in the past, especially this previous season, then I hear this season you will be in for a treat as many of them may have moved. ;)

Well this will be the first year in 10 years that I will miss opening day at Kings Island.

Congratulations! I'd say thats a good reason to miss opening day. Come opening day all I plan to do is get to the park, take my time walking back to Diamondback, stop by a locker to store the camera, wait patiently. I'm sure the lines will be a bit long as it's the new attraction, but as far as my other B&M experiences go....I'd echo other users statements about B&M's being people eaters.

If the media announcement the park put on is any indication....maybe we will have some good western music to listen to in the queue line.

I have seen KI in almost every size crowd, and know that there are several things that determine a rides wait time.

1. The ride itself. Do you think Son of Beast will have a shorter wait then Little Bills Giggle Coster? The popularity of the ride DOES play a factor, and Diamondback will be very, very popular.

2. The rides capacity. Let's take Invertigo for example. The ride has but 1 train. Capacity is down near 600 or something, because it can only take so many people at a time. Diamondback, however, will run 3 trains, each holding dozens of people at a time, and not to mention the ride will have no seatbelts. 1620 pph is nothing shabby in this industry.

3. Crew efficientcy. The crew for the ride plays a big factor in how it runs. The Zephyr, one of my favorites, has a terrble crew. They talk to each other, sociallize with guests, play on their cellphones in the op booth, and overall treat the job like a joke. Crews like The Beast crew however, stay focused on the task at hand, checking restraints, dispatching trains, and making the ride run faster. I am confident that Diamondback will have one of the best crews in the park, and will keep the ride running smoothly.

4. The crowds. Some days, the park will be overflowing with guests, and Opening Day will likely be one of them depending on the Weaher. Other days, such as Sundays in October, the park will be practically abandoned.

I suspect lines on Diamondback this year could range between 30 min and 2.5 hours. Either way, you will get toride it.

Maybe my best man and I can come up on opening day and ride Diamondback in our Tuxs.... but that may not go over well.

Anyways. What does everyone think the queues will be like for Diamondback?

4 hours? 5 hours? 6 hours?

Last year, I overheard a park employee say that 5 hour queue times will probably be on the low end for most of the year.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

Congratulaitions on your marriage. I would not be surprised on certain busy Saturdays if the wait time for DB would be in the four or five hour range, but that will be rare. And during those times, I will not be at the park or will be in the wave pool at BB.

I have seen KI in almost every size crowd, and know that there are several things that determine a rides wait time.

1. The ride itself. Do you think Son of Beast will have a shorter wait then Little Bills Giggle Coster? The popularity of the ride DOES play a factor, and Diamondback will be very, very popular.

2. The rides capacity. Let's take Invertigo for example. The ride has but 1 train. Capacity is down near 600 or something, because it can only take so many people at a time. Diamondback, however, will run 3 trains, each holding dozens of people at a time, and not to mention the ride will have no seatbelts. 1620 pph is nothing shabby in this industry.

3. Crew efficientcy. The crew for the ride plays a big factor in how it runs. The Zephyr, one of my favorites, has a terrble crew. They talk to each other, sociallize with guests, play on their cellphones in the op booth, and overall treat the job like a joke. Crews like The Beast crew however, stay focused on the task at hand, checking restraints, dispatching trains, and making the ride run faster. I am confident that Diamondback will have one of the best crews in the park, and will keep the ride running smoothly.

4. The crowds. Some days, the park will be overflowing with guests, and Opening Day will likely be one of them depending on the Weaher. Other days, such as Sundays in October, the park will be practically abandoned.

I suspect lines on Diamondback this year could range between 30 min and 2.5 hours. Either way, you will get toride it.

So very true. How come you didn't say SOB/FD crew. We were pretty fast :rolleyes: . I know a guy that is going to be on the Diamondback crew this season that was on our crew last year. He has worked in rides for a couple of years now on a couple of different crews and I think will do great at DB.

I remember Nitro's line at SFGAdv and that flew by. But I was even more impressed by Apollo's Chariot's line. That was incredible even on a crowded day. If we get a good crew, I wouldn't worry too much about the line.

3. Crew efficientcy. The crew for the ride plays a big factor in how it runs.

And sadly, for select Delirium crews, guest time theft would best describe those operations in the nicest and most generous way!! <_<

And, if it is like every other B & M hyper I have seen, and it will be--perhaps even more so--the crews will be happy, enthusiastic, efficient, safety minded and FAST! No finer crews have I ever seen than those on Nitro, Goliath, Apollo's Chariot, etc. They rival the best of The Beast crews, and that's saying something!

Throw Behemoth in that mix too, though at times, some crew members seemed a little too a-retentive about their checking...of course, the Nitro "touch" checks are ridiculously speedy with no stacking for a 3 train op!!

Congratulations on getting married! I wish you the best!

I will wait for DB no matter how long it is. I've waited 3+ hours for great coasters before, and I'll do it again.

I will say that every time I went to KI this year, the coaster crews I noticed that were the most efficient were (not in this order): Vortex, Beast, and FOF. The lines just kept moving. I also noticed that every time I looked at Xtreme Skyflyer, it was moving. Those crews did a fantastic job. :)

maybe we will have some good western music to listen to in the queue line.

A certain Flyer believes this is an oxymoron, but hopes that if it will make the majority of guests happy, great!

Congratulations! I'd say thats a good reason to miss opening day.

It is?? Error...does not compute.

Of course, that would have been the first thing out of my mouth. I can hear it now. How about this date...no, that's Kings Island's opening day...how about this one...no that's Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend...how about this one...no that's coastermania...how about this one...no that might be a walk on day...then marry an amusement park...I have to pick just one?...(and it would all go downhill from there on a great big rollercoaster of an argument.)

Flyer, who congratulates you, but who could never marry a non-enthusiast.