Diamondback 2009

kings_island~thrill is me!

Diamondback is not the only coaster Kings Island has to offer, and coasters are not the only thing Kings Island has to offer. I'd hit Drop Tower, Beast, Slingshot, FOF, Delirium, Invertigo, BLSC, watch some shows, try out some new food, and attempt to find other KICers.

Things happen. Millennium Force broke down on Cedar Point's platinum pass ERT night and no one in line got to ride. But the next morning I only waited 10 minutes to ride because of morning ERT.. my point being, like many others have said, there will be plenty of chances to ride DB.

Well I want to clarify something, and do not wish to start any arguments. The Beast has permanent trim brakes located on four locations of the ride. They are magnetic trim brakes and cannot be adjusted (or turned off) without maintenance going out and taking some of the magnets off. Occasionally in the spring months before the trains break in for the year, they may remove a couple of these trim brakes (such as at the top of the second drop). But once the regular season rolls around, the couple of brakes that were removed are placed back into action.

Well I want to clarify something, and do not wish to start any arguments. The Beast has permanent trim brakes located on four locations of the ride. They are magnetic trim brakes and cannot be adjusted (or turned off) without maintenance going out and taking some of the magnets off. Occasionally in the spring months before the trains break in for the year, they may remove a couple of these trim brakes (such as at the top of the second drop). But once the regular season rolls around, the couple of brakes that were removed are placed back into action.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification, Robbie. :)

^^Isn't it true The Beast was truly trimless until the early-to-mid 90's??

As the Interpreter stated, The Beast ALWAYS has had trim brakes. They used to be skid type brakes that were applied to the bottom fins of the train. However, in 2002 The Beast received a new braking system utilizing standard pneumatic brakes in the station and magnetic trim brakes throughout the course in the same locations as the old skid trim brakes.

Here is a video on our own KICentral channel on Youtube featuring a testing video in which you can clearly see the original skid brakes.

does anyone know about first rider tees???

Yes.

Terpy, in your heart you knew he would

So how do you guys know all this? Do you work in maintenance or something? I realize it may not take an engineer to notice some of these changes, (if you’re fascinated with the rides as we are) but you guys seem to know the answer to every question.

Read it again. He didn't ask if *I* knew, nor did I say I did (or that I didn't).

I merely pointed out someone knows. (That was, after all, the question).

Tee hee

Terpy, old enough not to be called a smart aleck...sometimes

Agreed, but you and CoasterRZ did have the answer he was looking for after all. This is the reason I joined this site, to be able to learn and converse with people about my favorite place to visit. I love it when I learn something new about KI!! Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hmmmm...I smell a chance for a trim slam. Since you do not wish to start an argument, I'll respect that. I'll just state that everything that you stated above, with the exception of the "removal of brakes" part, is unfortunate. (imo)

Flyer, whose trim slam total on forums has to be approaching 100.

but then its not a first rider Tee, its a "I made my own first rider tee....tee"

see what I mean....

Im a poet and I didn't Know it!

Wow that was a ryme!

I seem to do it all the time!

Another one

ahah Soon you'll need a gun!

Ok I'll stop.....

Now I'll go hop....

Nice job on the rhyme,

But I'll not give you a dime.

Rhyme with an h is spelled correctly,

Remember that or I'll tell you directly.

A peom in writing must have good grammar,

Lest the reader just studder and stammer.

But thanks for the try,

And don't go and cry.

You were very good,

And we knew that you would.

Flyer, who should be for hire. I've read too many Terpy posts, and think he should be a host.

Wow.....umm wow what do I say to that....ermm...well My philosophy is that Spelling is just the expected Norm that man has be oppressed to do ever since the written word was wrote (hahaha) thus, me refusing to conform the the norm of students in this new world, I choose to not work on my spelling.... as of course it does have it's set backs....people are in constant aurgument of how I should spell correctly "lest the reader just studder and stammer". For I am the one that controls my fate in this MUST SPELL RIGHT WORLD, but I have a qeuestion, Do i not have eyes of a good speller? If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickel us, do we not laugh? If you stab us, do we not die? For I doth contain these morals and ethics that you "spellers" have.....

Equal Rights for the Spelling Impaired!

Wow.....umm wow what do I say to that....ermm...well My philosophy is that Spelling is just the expected Norm that man has be oppressed to do ever since the written word was wrote (hahaha) thus, me refusing to conform the the norm of students in this new world, I choose to not work on my spelling.... as of course it does have it's set backs....people are in constant aurgument of how I should spell correctly "lest the reader just studder and stammer". For I am the one that controls my fate in this MUST SPELL RIGHT WORLD, but I have a qeuestion, Do i not have eyes of a good speller? If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickel us, do we not laugh? If you stab us, do we not die? For I doth contain these morals and ethics that you "spellers" have.....

Equal Rights for the Spelling Impaired!

Yes...before Turk...I mean Terpy beats me to it.

AND...I believe it should be "was written" and "question" and "tickle, plus there's the whole "the word I is capitalized at all times" thing. You're begging for equal rights, and those are just off the top of my head? Equal rights for the spelling impaired can be given if one makes a good faith effort to use correct spelling. You admitted and demonstrated that you don't...so...

At least you're honest, and I'll leave you alone! ;) Didn't expect that, did you? I'll save my correcting for my English students, who probably get just as tired of it. Too bad...they paid for the class. Bwa ha ha ha!

Flyer, who does tire of correcting everyone's spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.