"American Idol Experience" Opens At WDW's DHS

Went to check out the American Idol Experience tonight at DHS. I had no expectations for the show going in, I've been questioning the addition of it since the beginning. With that said, as somewhat of a fan of the show, I enjoyed it VERY much. We went to the 5PM show then returned at 7PM for the finale. In times where Parks seem to be focusing more on experience and really getting the guests involved, this show absolutely excels. They have done a great job at creating an all around memorable experience for the guest performers as well as the audience. In our first show, the performers were kinda lacking. It was nothing more than karaoke quite honestly. The finale however brought some very talented people from earlier shows back. The audience was very much into it and the finalist did a great job. The premise is obviously the same as the show, right down to the judges. 3 of them set to immitate Randy, Paula and Simon. Cheesy lines, but I suppose it only adds to the experience :-) Clips of prior Idol winners are also shown as they are appearing to be giving the contestants advice and such. For those who miss the shows or can't get in because they are full, they do show some of it on the big screen located on the front of the theater. Once again, it seems as if Disney has another winner for an attraction on their hands right now. I still question the staying power of it, but for the time being, its a fun addition and much more detailed and involved than I anticipated!

- Todd