New Delirium construction shots posted 2/4

Shaggy

Scooby Haunted Castle face dosent look all that different. And I feel like a should know what the thin is all wrapped up on the Delerium Page. So what is it? ;)

How nobody get sick on Delerium...

I could see the sign now...

"CAUTION: YOU COULD BE HIT WITH FLYING VOMIT! PLEASE WATCH YOUR STEP!" :unsure:

Actually, I think the item that is all wrapped up is actually a very large hydraulic pump. It appears to have fittings on the one end. Chances are that since the ride swings, the loading platform for the ride probably moves up and down depending upon the cycle of the ride. In addition to this, I am sure there is some type of device that locks the arm in place, probably from the bottom, while the ride is being loaded/unloaded.

Yeah I meant that the cage looking this is part of the floor, which is opperated by hydrolic pumps, so that would be part of the pumps. However, from the weight of that arm I don't think there will be anything coming up to "lock" it in place while loading/unloading. If there is anything that does that, it will all be done up in the motor at the top of the ride.

Weight really isn't a problem when locking something that swings, you just need something that will keep the arm from moving. I am sure the motor will lock at the top, and there will probably be some redundant system in case the ride encounters some type of problem.

Again by the weight this is what I meant:

Knowing motors and other devices, they don't generally rotate freely, there is always some resistance. Thus with all this weight of the arm and the people getting on/off I doubt there would be enough force to "rotate" the arm any signifcant amount that any locking would even be necessary. If so, it will most likely be done up in the motor, basically putting it in "park" like you do with your car (if its an automatic, leaving in gear if manual). I'm sure that if there is any movement it will be through such a small angle that it is not noticable unless you extend that arm to about a miles length. (Machine design and geometry kicking in here)

Not sure what post, if even on this forum (it may be CBuzz) where someone mentions that Huss is making this floor "drop and seperate". Thus the hydrolics are there to move that floor down and out not to be moving any "locking mechanism".

Disclaimer: I have no idea how this ride is going to turn out in the end but I just don't see a need for any "locking device" on the ride.

All I know is that on the PCW ride, Psyclone, it has no locking device on the ground. The ride slows down and stops, while the hydraulics in the overhead motor hold the ride in place. No matter how hard you press on the ride, it stays in place.

The floor on the PCW model has four hydraulic pumps (one on each corner) which are connected to the four legs of the ride. This lowers and raises the floor up and down, which means you can place all loose items on the floor, since you end up in the exact same spot. However, I read somewhere that PKI's Delirium may have a "splitting" floor. In other words, it will split in the middle, however, I don't know if t is true. :D

TR:TR needs no locking device, so naturally, Delirium needs no locking device. they arent very similar, but i'm sure their motors are programmed with reference points as far as where to stop and whatnot.

Tomb Raider does have a locking device. There is a locking device for the gondola itself.

I don't belive there's a locking device on Delerium, I would say that there is a "breaking" devive on it. That could "lock" it, but not accually locking it. Like on a bike. (not the kid ones where you pedal backwards and the breaks lock.)

And yes, Delerium is ugly.

Usdually E-stops require some kind of manual lock out for anything that moves. It may be a brake that stops the ride, and then locks down, but there is definitely something that will lock the arm in the vertical position in an emergency, and keep it from moving at all.

PKIU can have new pictures tomorrow if you really want. I'll just drive past the park, take a picture of snow melting. It will be just as exciting as any picture of the outside of the park. Nothing is visible from outside, and what is visible inside, well I'm not allowed to share that until Mr. Siebert says go ahead.