WWC or CF

Coasterfan

There is an employee cut-through that goes from the gated area next to the main entrance of WWC in Rivertown (under Thornberrys) then cuts through the Thornberries area, down the train tracks and up to the WWC pump house. Ride ops then cross the bridge over the WWC lift to the turntable.

That is one of the reasons that the train blows it's horn when rounding the WWC /Thornberrys area. To warn any employees that may be potentially crossing the tracks.

Shaggy

Yeah well, I was the one lost on the first day because I was told I worked at Oscars. I asked my sis where it was (she worked in the park the year before) and she told me "go through the Ivy tunnel.... la la la" Well lo and behold, they took that stupid tunnel half way out in '98 and put a wall up at the other end. I was so lost and couldn't find Oscars, eventually some security guards walked by and brought me in and embarassed me more by telling everyone I was wondering the park lost.

Sends dont usually know about the short cuts on rides, because they're not there everyday, whereas someone from the crew would know, i knew about the path from being told about it a couple years ago (as well as the R.O.C. grillout in the train engine house), and finally used it when i got sent there last year.

Is that how you get to the other side, by going under the track?  I've always wondered.

Yeah its one of the ways. If someone is at Dual Launch (Dispatch) and launches the train its possible to get from there to the unload station before the train arrives without crossing trains or going up the exit.

Thats pretty Cool. Is the basement under FoF an actual basement, or a work area where the parks maintenance people can get to, to work on the undercarriage of the trains? I think the secrets and different stuff in the park are the best, kinda like the hidden mickeys and stuff that people find at WDW.

Well, thats pretty neat. I don;t think I have ever seen or noticed the FoF transfer track. I didn't realize there was one. I mean on the other caosters in the park, you can actually see the transfer track quite easily, but I don't ever remember seeing the one on FoF.

• 3 months later...

WWC is great, the airtime on CF hurts some people... little kids can get the breath knocked out of them and usually first aid is called to make sure they are okay. Maybe they can add (optional) seatbelts to the ride so that kids can buckle up and advoid that?

As of short cuts, ask security, they know a bunch! Employees, watch what you say about them, I don't want to see guests going through the woods or anything... we would have to do something with them if they did... ph34r.gif

The airtime on CF hurts some people... little kids can get the breath knocked out of them and usually first aid is called to make sure they are okay. Maybe they can add (optional) seatbelts to the ride so that kids can buckle up and advoid that?

That's funny because out of the four years I've operated that ride, not once have I had to call first aid for someone getting hurt while on the ride.

Th drop on Congo Falls is fun, and can provide a good drenching ride with a walk on line on most weekdays. However, CF setting isn`t as good as WWC. There aren`t that many trees by CF. WWC is similar to The Beast, because its surrounded by trees. When up in the Eiffel Tower, you can`t even see WWC because of all the trees. I would say WWC is better becuase it`s longer than just a couple second ride. Also, like Face Off, you can see the faces of other riders, unlike on Congo Falls. Also, the best time to ride WWC, in terms of line length, would have to be before closing when its dark. Although, that`ll make for a long cold walk to the car!

Well, thats pretty neat. I don;t think I have ever seen or noticed the FoF transfer track. I didn't realize there was one. I mean on the other caosters in the park, you can actually see the transfer track quite easily, but I don't ever remember seeing the one on FoF.

Well of course you can't see it! It's dark. smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...