Vote for KICentral.com in a Best of Cincinnati Poll, Diamondback's First Riders, Summer Jobs, Season Passes & More!

Every year Cincinnati's unique publication CityBeat hosts their "Best of Cincinnati" poll. KICentral.com is currently in the running for best web site in Cincinnati! Please show your support by following this link and voting for KICentral.com as best web site in Cincinnati!

Kings Island, in cooperation with A Kid Again, formerly known as Adventures for Wish Kids, is holding an auction for the first rides on the new Diamondback roller coaster that will appeal to philanthropists and coaster-enthusiasts alike.

Beginning February 2, the park will auction off a minimum of 96 seats to the highest bidders, who will be the first official riders on Diamondback – the tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to ever strike Kings Island. Bids can be placed until April 15 by visiting www.kiDiamondback.com/public/auction/ or by calling Kings Island at (800) 288-0808.

A winning bid will include the inaugural ride on Diamondback, a commemorative first rider ticket, a special gift from the park and an admission ticket. Following the inaugural ride, each event ticket holder will be invited to stay and play in the park until closing at 10:00pm.

The official opening of Diamondback, including the top bidders supporting A Kid Again, will take place on Opening Day, April 18. The highest successful bidder will select their seat on the first train while all other successful bidders will be assigned their seats according to their bid amount. Minimum bids begin at $50.00.

One-hundred percent of the proceeds from the auction will go directly to A Kid Again. Founded July 6, 1995, A Kid Again is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing fun-filled outings and on-going support to children with life threatening illnesses and their families from the day of diagnosis until the children reach the age of 20.

Because A Kid Again is a 501 © (3) not-for-profit, the donation from top bidders is tax-deductable to the fullest extent of the IRS tax code.

A Kid Again currently has over 1,380 children with life threatening illness enrolled into its programs. The organization includes the entire family on its adventures, thus serving over 6,500 hurting people annually!

Diamondback is the 15th roller coaster at Kings Island. The ride stands 230 feet at its highest point with a first drop of 215 feet at a 74-degree angle and will snake its way around 5,282 feet of track in excess of 80 miles per hour. Guests must be a minimum of 54 inches or taller to ride Diamondback.

Diamondback first rider information:

• A minimum of 96 bidders will be seated.
  • Bids must start at $50.00 and may be increased at any time until bidding is closed.
  • Bids will not be posted until they have been secured by phone with a credit card to assure legitimacy.
  • The bidding process will close the morning of April 15, at 8:30am. It is our intention to keep you informed through this website. To bid, simply go to www.kiDiamondback.com. Also, the top bidders will be listed so you can check the status of your bid.
  • The official opening of Diamondback, including the top bidders supporting A Kid Again, will take place on Opening Day, April 18.
  • The highest successful bidder will select their seat on the first train while all other successful bidders will be assigned their seats according to their bid amount.

A diverse range of job opportunities are available at Kings Island, as the park announced today plans to hire more than 4,000 seasonal associates for the 2009 operating season, which begins April 18. Associates are needed in all areas of park operation, including admissions, call center, cash control, entertainment, food and beverage, games, guest relations, lifeguards, merchandise, rides, security, sweeps and warehouse. Anyone 15 years of age or older who wants an exciting and rewarding place to work this summer can learn more about the different departments and opportunities at visitkingsisland.com. Apply online, and then come out to the job fair for an interview.

Kings Island is an Equal Opportunity employer. For more information or questions regarding employment, please call (513) 754-5748 or visitkingsisland.com.

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

Um, wow... Looking through the list of websites. I wonder how some of these sites ended up on their potential best list. The one in particular I noticed was "meatspin.com". Now, I wouldn't suggest looking this one up at work or school. But wtf? I know from a few pranks played that this is a good prank site. But in no way is appropriate. I am currently at a school computer lab, but unless I'm wrong, I'm almost certain this is the "prank" site (and thus really inappropriate).

Um, wow... Looking through the list of websites. I wonder how some of these sites ended up on their potential best list. The one in particular I noticed was "meatspin.com". Now, I wouldn't suggest looking this one up at work or school. But wtf? I know from a few pranks played that this is a good prank site. But in no way is appropriate. I am currently at a school computer lab, but unless I'm wrong, I'm almost certain this is the "prank" site (and thus really inappropriate).

"You spin me right 'round baby, right 'round like a record baby!" LOL. I was surprised to see that one on the list too!

DO NOT check his link if at school or at work. Not a good idea, lol

:lol: LOL :lol: I noticed that too but I didn't really want to say anything about it because it could lead to potentially bad things.