Gold Pass perks ?

Skywriter

Well, given that every Sunday in June, Jule and August Gold Pass holders can ride EXtreme Skyflyer for only $5 a person, that is not a bad deal at all! Not to mention the early ride times on Diamondback and The Beast all season long (starting April 24th). That alone is a very nice perk! And this year gold pass holders get 15% off on ride photos, excluding Diamondback, which again is another nice perk!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if Mr. Kinzel really wants to encourage in park spending, what better way than to give a substantial discount to those who come to the park most often (and thus are less likely to spend much inside, as opposed to the less frequent guest)?

Also, gold passes purchased at Kings Island include parking, until a certain date in most seasons, after which gold passes are either no longer sold or no longer include parking on ones purchased after that date. Given the economy, who knows if that will be the case this year...I doubt even Cedar Fair does...yet.

^ My wife and I were just discussing that last night, actually. Last year we went to KI 17 times and spent less than $20 on food all year. Also went to CP twice and spent about $15 on food. If they can us a big discount we would buy a lot more.

You know he would never do that, got to increase that per cap!

Wish they would though, but unfortunately Knotts just upped their price again recently for everything. I fully expect every park in the CF chain to just open with higher prices again this year...

Again I say, give me good food and keep your prices, or drop the prices! Otherwise expect me to continue to not eat inside the park as much as possible!

^^And not that it's super healthy, but my intentional self-dehydrating in the park worked wonders on the wallet!! ;) (which wasn't my goal anyway)

Just partake of the free water...it not only annoys them but sends a message...I want to support the park in every way possible, and am more than happy to spend money there, but NOT for the quality and service food service delivered, at least to me, last year. If it isn't going to be cheap, and it isn't, it should be really good and delivered quickly and with more than a grunt.

Well, a discount that would offer across the board discounts on food prices for gold pass holders would actually benefit the per capita spending, Touchdown. Why? Well, it targets pass holders who are normally not going to spend lots of money on in park food because of the price. But if they got a substantial enough discount, they would be more likely to spend money on their many visits to the park on food items. Doing so ultimately increases the per cap spending.

All season passes at Coney have typically included a 10% discount on all food and merchandise. And for those that purchase a Platinum pass (which is $40 more than a regular Coney season pass) the discount jumps to 20%!

Most excellent use of a pun!

Of course it does! Just what the "it" that Coney has is always a subject of debate among the seasonal workers at Coney. I began working at Coney before the current slogan was even instituted! Back when I started, the slogan was "Coney Island: Where fun is easy!"

Very true indeed. Not to mention that Coney has a very catchy (and sometimes annoying) song to go along with their jingle. Just watch any live show at Lakeside Pavilion. They play the Coney song after every one! Which when you primarily work the Ferris Wheel, right next to Lakeside Pavilion, the song can get quite annoying. I mean, in any given shift working the Ferris Wheel, I could hear that song four to five times!

I think that would bring attendance down a lot in the post season and that is just not what the park wants to do in these times. However, I could totally be wrong and the park could actually bring in more money if they force guest to pay extra admission and get more money out of that. Who knows?

Any news yet on whether or not the unlimited drink wristband will be making an appearance in 2009?

Good grief, I hope so. I got very accustomed to buying one very quickly when after the park. It was usually after my morning ritual of marathoning on The Beast.

Any news yet on whether or not the unlimited drink wristband will be making an appearance in 2009?

Good grief, I hope so. I got very accustomed to buying one very quickly when after the park. It was usually after my morning ritual of marathoning on The Beast.

I hope so too! I used to just get courtesy cups of water all the time until they came out with the wristband deal. I used the heck out of those things.

Also, I'd love to know the specifics on the pizza meal deal this year. Hopefully its more practical than their traditional deals that included 4 salads and drinks for like 30 bucks. I'd like to see a slice of pizza, one side, and a Coke for less than ten bucks.