Zach's Diamondback Photo TR Madness

Ki Man

Hello KIC!

In January, KIC was going to have a Diamondback Construction Tour...but due to mass amounts of snow and ice, it was canceled and postponed until yesterday! It was great talking to that one Mighty Ducks coach, Avatar, and I really, really suck at names, haha. Sorry for those who I forgot, but I know who you are! >.<

I have to say, I was really nervous during the walkback because it was:

-Windy

-Just cold enough so where the rain wouldn't turn to snow

-Dirty Lenses for my Nikon D40

And I'm proud to say I did my best to make these shots what they are! Please comment, and enjoy!

dsc1417.jpg

The tour started off with a walk down International Street; coming up to the International Showplace, we get our first looks.

dsc1420.jpg

Coming around through Nick U, here's the gran pano-rama.

dsc1422.jpg

Dane man! Not lookin' too good! :PrBoddah looks concerned, too :P

dsc1424.jpg

Red Beards' Revenge was in the building that was here.

dsc1425.jpg

Here's the overview of the station and the entrance/exit.

dsc1427.jpg

Peek-a-boo!

dsc1429.jpg[

As we continued down towards Rivertown, you see the second hill. That's right, second hill.

dsc1434.jpg

The station's kind of western..ish...plain....cool?

dsc1435.jpg

Mm....first drop goodness.

dsc1436.jpg

230ft at 74*...yum.

dsc1438.jpg

That's a lot of airtime in one photo.

dsc1441.jpg

Hello up thar.

dsc1442.jpg

I hope you guys like twisty, because snakes do too.

dsc1443.jpg

Diamondback's supports are within reach, so all you enthusiasts can hug away :lover:

dsc1446.jpg

Old and new =)

dsc1448.jpg

No, no, no, no...that's the second hill dude.

dsc1454.jpg

Cedar Fair should go crazay over this red track. It's amazing.

dsc1455.jpg

Check my title.

dsc1456.jpg

I forgot which angle this was taken at, but every way I turn it...it's amazing.

dsc1456j.jpg

Flip'd....90 DEGREESE!!!

dsc1458.jpg

I have a feeling you will turn to jello at the bottom of this drop.

dsc1459.jpg

Money shot!

dsc1464.jpg

Out of MCBR...into ravine.

dsc1465.jpg

Wait...B&M....in Kings Island?

dsc1468.jpg

Someone's going to LOVE this.

dsc1470.jpg

Yeah, it goes RIGHT up and over the Crypt.

dsc1471b.jpg

Then, it roars right over your head before splashing in puddles like a little kid.

dsc1474e.jpg

Diamondback has a loop, I SEENT IT

dsc1475.jpg

Beast get some work for turning 30 this year.

dsc1476.jpg

Mmm....captions.

dsc1479.jpg

Bringin' sexy back. Yup!

dsc1481.jpg

I really, really hope the single rider line isn't like Maverick's.

dsc1482.jpg

There's even airtime into the brake run!

dsc1483.jpg

Take one!

dsc1485.jpg

Take two!

dsc1486.jpg

Take three!

dsc1489.jpg

By now, we were in freezing rain.

dsc1490.jpg

I'd ride it in the freezing rain.

dsc1492.jpg

Train one, box 4, WC HYPER COASTER....Wheel covers?

dsc1493.jpg

Big, bad, and full of venom.

dsc1498.jpg

Thanks for showing us around, Don! ....let's get the hell outa here, I can't feel my face or hands!

Thanks for readi...

Woah, you're not going to show them the really good part?

Dude, come on.

What?

Oh..the trains!

dsc1499.jpg

There they are...those sexy beasts.

dsc1502.jpg

Mr. Green Train....nice fangs. :lover:

dsc1503.jpg

And the Orange Train :lover:

Thanks for reading guys! Comments appreciated!

-Zach

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Lots of awesome views of DB.

dsc1475.jpg

Just a little off-topic: The thing that I love about this photo is what I still love about The Beast...when viewing/entering the queue, you see nothing of the ride. I can just imagine the anticipation this created when it was new (it always reminds me a bit of the early Friday the 13th movies).

Not that I think that Diamondback (or other ride at KI) is any less than spectacular, though!

Zach – Awesome Photos!!!

I am really impressed with the quality and selection of your pictures, it really looks like you took your time to get just the right angle and that you were total focused in getting the best shot possible. You know I always enjoying chatting with you and I am glad we did not get enough time to visit or we may have never gotten to see your beautiful pictures.

I really enjoyed your report and look forward to more from you, just awesome. Avatar

WRONG!

It's not a 230ft drop at a 74* angle, it's 215ft at a 74* angle.

Jackson, trying to help.....

Really? ....just, really? <_<

Avatar, I would have loved to talk, but...freezing rain and wind isn't my best environment :P

Thanks for the comments, everyone =)

Zach,

I am so glad you made it for the make-up tour….not only so you would have fun…but so I could read another one of your trip reports! You took some very good shots…as usual. The close-up shots of the trains were cool. I especially liked these two shots:

dsc1476.jpg

dsc1486.jpg

Like The Interpreter has already mentioned, your captions are a lot of fun to read…being a Simpsons’ fan I liked the “Mmm....captions” caption! Keep up the great work.

See ya,

J.D.

P.S. What, no shot of you in your report?! You almost seemed to be doing a me that day…I have read all of the trip reports and looked at the photos…and I haven’t noticed you in any of them…except for possibly one lone shot of your back.

P.P.S. I haven’t noticed anyone mentioning it…but about how many people were there attending the event?

Great pics and were you using your zoom lens on the D40? Hope you didnt get it too dirty, but well worth the effort. Loved the close up shots of the trains. Thanks for sharing.

I have a 15-55mm lense that I use for getting the whole idea of the shot, overviews, and panoramas.

Then, I have a 55-200mm lense that's great for close ups, and even with going all the way up to 200mm, I can crop something out of he picture that's very small, and get a high detail quality. I freakin' love this camera. =)

Zach,

I am so glad you made it for the make-up tour….not only so you would have fun…but so I could read another one of your trip reports! You took some very good shots…as usual. The close-up shots of the trains were cool. I especially liked these two shots:

dsc1476.jpg

dsc1486.jpg

Like The Interpreter has already mentioned, your captions are a lot of fun to read…being a Simpsons’ fan I liked the “Mmm....captions” caption! Keep up the great work.

See ya,

J.D.

P.S. What, no shot of you in your report?! You almost seemed to be doing a me that day…I have read all of the trip reports and looked at the photos…and I haven’t noticed you in any of them…except for possibly one lone shot of your back.

P.P.S. I haven’t noticed anyone mentioning it…but about how many people were there attending the event?

J.D.!

Thanks for the comments first of all, I was bummed you weren't going to make it, but I'm not sure if it would have been worth a 45 minute plus drive due to the weather. I always make sure to pay attention to little details, and find things that no one else might see or catch. I liked those two shots as well! <3

The Simpsons rock! I've got some Homer pants to lounge around in, I love them! lol!

There was a shot in gigacoaster's PTR....but that's about it! I hardly EVER take pictures of myself, maybe just me in the seat of a coaster....but that's about it! I don't think I've gained that status of "Omg...it's Ki Man! *snaps a picture*" Hehehe....atleast, not yet :P

There were about....35-50 people? Ish?

-Zach

Great pics and were you using your zoom lens on the D40? Hope you didnt get it too dirty, but well worth the effort. Loved the close up shots of the trains. Thanks for sharing.

I have a 15-55mm lense that I use for getting the whole idea of the shot, overviews, and panoramas.

Then, I have a 55-200mm lense that's great for close ups, and even with going all the way up to 200mm, I can crop something out of he picture that's very small, and get a high detail quality. I freakin' love this camera. =)

Does your 55-200 have VR on it? I thought I'd better get it as my hands aren't the surest things in the world. I love mine, if my 18-55 somehow got ruined Saturday it was turning a little rough when zooming, I would probably get another 18-55 with VR.