Action Theater

CongoThrills15

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised how little love Spongebob seems to get...I am an old-school Looney Tunes/Warner Bros. cartoon fanatic...and I think Spongebob is the only cartoon that has been created in the last 20 years I have seen that truly compares. (The Simpsons, Family Guy do not count because they are geared towards an older audience.) Both Bugs Bunny & Spongebob work on 2 different levels...one for kids & one for adults.

I wish the ride could have lasted one more time...my nephew would have been tall enough to actually ride it this year...he and I have sat through it several times down front...he has just been waiting until he could sit in the "big boy seats".

I must admit I was unaware that we were losing our beloved Action Theater for the season. Hopefully we will get to see a new and improved Theater next year.

And as far as the Spongebob issue goes; I actually liked the ride and though it had some times where it was hillarious even toward an older teenager like myself. I do miss the old Days Of Thunder film though. I look to see big improvement made to it in the future though.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

I have enjoyed most of the movies in Action Theater, Sponge Bob and Days of Thunder were my 2 favorite and I hated James Bond.

A few thoughts about this. I wonder if the Theater took more wear and tear than expected by having Urgent Scare inside it? Also Cedar Fair removed the Cedar Point Imax Theater and put the Ice Show inside, could we see something like that in the future. Final thought, what about removing the entire structure and putting in an Antique Car ride, how nostalgic would that be winding through The Racer turn arounds and the trees in that area?

I don't know, maybe it was just me, but Days of Thunder never really seemed..virtual to me..... However, I did enjoy James Bond, and SpongeBob. Didn't they have a comic book based attraction too?

Yes you are thinking of the 7th portal, that was co-created by non other than Stan Lee

This is a real shame, especially if you were lucky enough to check it out when it was new with Days of Thunder.

I liked it way better as Days of Thunder than SpongeBob. The James Bond version was pretty cool too. But Days of Thunder was the best.

The theming was so good for Days of Thunder when it was new. Race cars and sound effects through the queue, and one of the Pettys (forget which one) on the screen talking and pumping you up before you went through the doors. Evidently, people just kind of got tired of the concept.

i barely remember it but i know i 'rode' it when it was DoT (mom has bad back and i was too young [not too short] for her to let me ride on the moving seats *pout*) but i think that one seemed to have the best motion too, from what i remember seeing from the lame seats. bond was good but it barely moved as far as i remember, that crash test one was good and pretty realistically jerky. 7th portal was fun :) . indiana jones was okay but kind of lacking. hanna barbera was fun (better at dollywood where they had water, air, and bubbles though). i only went on spongebob once (to say i did it. i loathe the porous square AND his missing pickle too!) im sure i missed some (not counting the few weeks when they supposedly brought back DoT...it was always closed when i tried to go, and the too-lame-to-mention fearfest showings, elvira, that clown one, and....i think a draculas castle one....and i think a different clown one for during the day one year...correct me plz)

ok ill stop rambling.... (*practicing her mostly fact-filled ramblings for guest relating at tower*)

^ i have to agree with you there. i went back there the last time i was at the park and it just made me sad. i remember going when i was a little kid and it was still days of thunder and it was all usually very well kept up and this last time there was no one over there and it was just run down and tired looking. very depressing.

I'm trying to remember all the shows that were played in Action Theater, please correct me if I miss any:

First Run Movies (Both Side A and B ):

Days of Thunder

James Bond 007: License to Thrill

First Run Movies (Just side A):

Stan Lee's: 7th Portal

Spongebob: 3D

Second Run (Just side B ):

Smash Factory

Meteor Attack

Secrets of the Lost Temple

Days of Thunder (2004)

Funtastic World of Hanna-Barberra

Halloween Shows:

Elvira's Superstition

Dracula

Funhouse

*Sigh* Action Theater was one of the first rides I worked on when I started in rides in 2003. I probably wont miss it from a riding standpoint, but in tems of memories, it will be missed. I know teenageninja also has quite a few memories from the Action Theater.