A Coaster in 2004?

Aaron

I just received the latest issue of ACE News in the mail today, and here's a little something I found interesting... and I quote,

Speaking of B&M, we're probably not supposed to report that the gentlemen from Switzerland were recently known to pay a visit - and not their first, for sure - to a certain favorite theme park in the northeastern out-skirts of Cincinnati.  Dare we speculate what magic, what things, what - (HEY, WHO PULLED THE PLUG?)
... and they follow in the next "Speed Bump" by adding...
Oh, what the heck, we're probably in trouble already; let's go way out on a limb and asay it wouldn't be a suprise to hear major 2004 ride announcements from two, and maybe three paramount Parks even before the 2003 season is in full swing; our guess is by June, the latest.
Hmmmmmm...... :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I just saw that since my mail didn't come until 6pm today (What the f***?)

They mention "not their first", as in not the first visit they have made to PKI. That could be taken two ways. 1) They have either made an offer to KI and KI refused, or KI made an offer to B&M and they refused. or 2) They have been out to map out the coaster's terrain and get a feel for where the ride will go to make the most out of the design.

Hopefully its number 2. Hopefully its that awesome B&M invert that I've been wanting, but heck any B&M is good to me.

I would believe when it says that it wasn't their first trip to PKI, that's most likely that they were there on previous occassions to get a good idea of where the coaster would be placed, and to check out the land, and other fun surveying stuff like that.

Well I gotta say it's about time PKI. I think they got good deals on flats, which we needed (other parks don't have them) and they focused on families. That also brought in better attendance which gave us money. I could see an anouncement before the summer as a teaser (name, theme, but not the ride) than maybe towards end of summer give us layout ride type. I could see them starting construction early in the season, PKI's rides generally open on time ::cough Son of Beast:: but that was one ride. B&M's are very reliable so I could see this going up fast especially with their fabrication plant being just off the 275 loop.

It's kind of funny really, because on other sites, people who claim to be "in the know" have already deemed this next coaster to be a B&M floorless. Not only that, but it also seems that the layout has been determined as well. Of course, they were some of the people last year claiming "I can confirm that Paramount's Kings Island's third attraction is a wild mouse, because my 'sources' have told me so." Every time I get on these, and other boards, I realize that less and less people are truly "People Who Know." <_<

Well Face/Off itself was a clone also

Yeah, like I said, Face/Off and Runaway Reptar are both clones (from Vekoma, go figure) though before they came to Kings Island they color scheme and names changed, unlike all the Superman and Batman rides going around Six Flags.

If this new coaster is a B&M it most likely wouldn't be a stand up because they have pretty much become extinct (though they still could be built) so that would rule out a clone of the two Vortex's at the other Paramount Parks. If they did clone that they would have to change the name at least because we already have a ride named that.

It could be an invert (my favorite, if I haven't mentioned that enough) and it could be a clone of the Top Gun's at the other Paramount Parks as well, though it would have to have a name change as well since we also have a ride named after that. Though, there aren't any new "jet related" movies coming out for them to theme it after.

Now, Paramount also wouldn't clone a ride that belongs to Six Flags (ie S:UF, Nitro, Medusa or the like) just because it isn't their style to copy, plus they want to be different to draw the crowds away from the other parks. Now we just have to wait and see as to what we get, where it goes and anything else for 2004.

Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but if I were you, I'd only take things with a grain of salt until it's officially been announced by PKI. This site is full of people who truly love PKI and want to see it to it's full potential. With amusement parks that have the reputation that PKI has carried with it since opening day, there's always going to be hear-say, so why not talk about it on here and get other people's opinions on what they've heard? Sure, some of it may not be true, but it's our God given right to talk about and speculate all we want. Until you have "inside sources" of your own, don't knock other people because they've wanted to share with the rest of us what they've heard or what others have confirmed.

Heather:

In my opinion, there is a difference between pure speculation, and stating something as fact. Speculation is fine by me, in fact, I quite enjoy reading it. You could say that you heard that Paramount's Kings Island was getting a launched-giga 4th Dimension coaster for the 2004 season, and I wouldn't give it a second thought. But as soon as you put "My sources" or "I can guarantee" in front of that, you're setting yourself up for investigation.

There are so many people who claim to have sources and to be "in the know," when most of them actually aren't. I don't need sources of my own, because I have these boards to get information from. However, there is a process of deciding which information to listen to, and which to throw out with the trash. I'm skeptical because I don't feel that people should be able to spread lies over the internet, where anyone can access them. We enthusiasts often complain about the General Public spouting false information, when there are those among us who do the same thing.

You say that "it is our God given right to talk about and speculate all we want," and I couldn't agree with you more. Speculation and opinions are the basis of these message boards. If the only thing we could post were facts, there would only be a handful of people in the conversation. It isn't our God given right, however, to lie. Once you say "This is going to happen, without a doubt, I'm telling the truth" and it doesn't, well, you were obivously not telling the truth. I can understand this happening once, or maybe even twice, but not as many times as I have seen it from certain people. We all get wrong information sometimes, but not all the time.

The best way to describe this is to use the good old saying of "Those who know, don't tell."

Very well said CoasterKrazy. Inside of the forums or out (as in real life talking face to face) you always have to be on the lookout for what to believe and what not to believe. There are people among us that are compulsive liers (sp?) and can tell you their mother died with a straight face knowing for a fact that she is fine and well.

I base all my information of this "supposed new ride" at Kings Island off what has been said here (that is believable), what is printed in the ACE news and the pure hope that we get a B&M. These people that are supposedly "in the know" say they have copies of blue prints of the rides that were "proposed" and haven't even been approved yet. Now only a few ways they could have this, 1) they work for Bolliger & Mabillard 2) They work for Paramount Parks and would have to be high enough to be able to see them 3)just some extremely lucky fool.

Now how likely is it that someone in California, who is a student (either high school or college) knows, and has seen (including have copies of) the blue prints for the other parks across america, when the head quarters for these parks is clear across on the continent and the coaster company is on the other side of the atlantic. Though whokonws, maybe they are that "extremely lucky fool" but I doubt it.

The people that really are "in the know" have most likely signed confidentiality agreements with the companies and know that too much information leaked can lead to lawsuits so they aren't going to say.