A Coaster in 2004?

Aaron

Perhaps they have already hinted at a new coaster for the 2004 season. You all remember that day at the last ride of The Beast? Also, does B&M make a giga coaster?

They have hinted at stuff to look out for this coming season as future development. The "land clearings" though don't really "hint" at a coaster, not when they are on opposite sides of the park. A coaster most likely wouldn't jump across the park and pretty doubtful they would wrap it really close around the edge of the park between those two points. Now always we can say they are builting two new coasters or those land clearings are for something totaly different.

To answer your other part about a B&M giga. Supposedly Cedar Point had looked at different companies to make their giga and B&M was one of them, however B&M either didn't want to go that high or Cedar Point threw out their bid because of cost to get it that high. I don't know which if either is correct but that sounds about right. I'm sure they can do it and eventually they probably will but so far they haven't built one.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one was argueing anything. We were simply stating our opinions. Neither of us feel that those people who are instantly saying its a floorless coaster and that they know all are telling the truth.

Does Aaron posting this make him know everything, no. Notice the title of the thread is posed as a question. He doesn't know if it is true or not, but he sure hopes it is like everyone else.

We do not know for sure whether or not PKI will be getting a B&M, I just thought it was interesting that ACE News only mentioned B&M in their short little blurb about PKI. ACE News does not put out "false" information, they would most likely lose their relationships with the parks if they did so, and because of their relationship with parks, they usually know all about their future additions, they just obviously cannot reveil what those additions may be until announced.

So in conclusion, we don't know for sure whether or not we will be getting a B&M, nor do we know if we'll be even getting a coaster. I just found this article interesting, and it makes you wonder if we will be seeing a future attraction at PKI from B&M. There's no reason why we should be getting into fights. It's fun to speculate, let's just not blow this out of proportion.

CoasterKrazy, I'm not arguing with you here and, in fact, agree with you completely on your point of being miffed with the liars, but as beastfreak basically said, we don't live in Mayberry and things aren't always as they seem. As I said before, take EVERYTHING you read or hear with a grain of salt until it's been announced officially by PKI. My basic thing was you coming on here making it sound like this site is full of blundering idiots. I don't post a lot, but mostly enjoy reading what everybody has to say. If I were to come on here and read BS over and over again, then ya know, that would be less time I spend every day worrying about "real life." I'm not saying it's right to lie..I'm just saying it's like reading a really great (and sometimes hilarious) fiction novel where you wonder where some of them come up with the things they write about. :)

I still beleive strongly that we will be getting a coaster in '04. It might be a B&M and it might not be a B&M but as long as it's a coaster it'll be fine with me. It's been 3 years since we got a coaster and I think that PKI wants to attract coaster enthusiasts to the park again.

Heather:

I suppose I should have been a little more specific with my original post. The few people that I have been discussing are not members of these boards, as far as I know. I actually think that this is one of the best, if not the best, message board for Paramount's Kings Island information. I like to read amusing "rumors" and such just like you, but as I said before, once someone says that they "know for a fact," and they are being serious, it's not fun and games anymore. As soon as that sentence pops up on my screen, the gloves come off and I'm ready to fight. In my opinion, lies waste board space, and there's no reason why they should be allowed to continue taking up that space.

Anyway, back to the possible new coaster. :)

B&M has yet to make a giga coaster ( One that is over 300ft. tall ) but they are able to. From what I have read at other sites, Cedar Point considered many coaster companies to build Millennium Force, including B&M. Due to the space constraints that was placed on their new coaster for 2000, Cedar Point decided to go with Intamin, since they could provide the huge lifthill on a small footprint. Granted, this is information that I have gathered from message boards, so it may not all be true.

As much fun as a giga or a tera would be, I would still rather have either a good stand-up or a floorless. A new wooden coaster would be nice too but PKI is already the wooden roller coaster capital of the world so they would probably not see a new one very important to their park.

Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but if I were you, I'd only take things with a grain of salt until it's officially been announced by PKI. This site is full of people who truly love PKI and want to see it to it's full potential. With amusement parks that have the reputation that PKI has carried with it since opening day, there's always going to be hear-say, so why not talk about it on here and get other people's opinions on what they've heard? Sure, some of it may not be true, but it's our God given right to talk about and speculate all we want. Until you have "inside sources" of your own, don't knock other people because they've wanted to share with the rest of us what they've heard or what others have confirmed.

i agree in waiting for kingsisland to announce the ride since speculation is hardly what happens at ki as we all know. and yes it is a good thing to dream but dream realisticly please, to all those big dreamers out there you should be a good engineer on new rides.

According to Screamscape.com

Spongebob Squarepants in 3D - (11/20/02) Paramount and Blur Studio (7th Portal) have confirmed that a new simulator film called Spongebob Squarepants in 3D will be added to the Action FX Theaters at all parks.

plus i also read that it was coming in the Cincinnati Enquirer.

-zoid

Jeff is one to play with words. SpongeBob is the third attraction and it is in the action fx theatre. To get in those seats, most people have to "jump" up because they are elevated so your feet don't hit the floor.

He is a very tricky one, that Jeff. Now if only I can solve that mystery about why the land clearings were mentioned. Probably is nothing, but just picking away in the back of my mind.