What Music Would You Like Played @ PKI?

Stitch

The drums are the reason I split my pants working the FearFest! (So I was dancing, you would too if you were working the ride for 4 hours straight and it was 1 in the morning!)

Actually, there is one song that PKI plays that I like: I Disappear by Metallica. I would like to see more Metallica played.

Accually fter I thought about it, they could play alot of metal videos. Since most of them are perfomaced based (just showing the band playing). Sure, some of them have some language in it, but that could be muted out and you wouldent even notice. A good video for PKI is KoRn "Freak on a Leash", its a bullut fluwing through different stuff. And it still has the preformance in it. All of the System of a Down videos. Metallica ones too.

The WaterWorks soundtrack is happy and upbeat, but it seem like its 15 mins long. :P

• 18 years later...

Interesting to see what music was playing at the park back in the early 2000's.  Seems most people wanted Heavy Metal or RAP music played in the queue lines back then.  I think Cedar Fair has done a good job with the music atmosphere around the park.  What do you think?  What music would you like in the different park sections and queue lines?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sixflags82 said:

I would like them to create their own unique IMAscore sound tracks for the rides and areas

I agree about the “areas” comments especially. When you’re walking into Area 72 with the soundtrack playing it’s like stepping into a movie. I’d like to see more of that. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

^ Thanks for the reply dude. Yeah I believe that Rivertown is like the country music side of the park.

I will say that it's interesting listening to the music in rivertown and trying to understand what song is being played in bluegrass? A lot of times I'm asking myself why they put that in a bluegrass tune, but it works I guess. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The bluegrass versions of pop songs are kind of cool TBH. Personally, I'd like 90s pop, 80s new wave and pop, classic rock and jammy stuff like the Grateful Dead and Allmans...but that is just me. Also, 'Bittersweet Symphony' should always be played at closing time. 

7 hours ago, txdrummer said:

I prefer the classic rock played in the station for The Racer. Several times I have waited in the station through a couple of cycles just to finish listening to a good song. For example: 'Barracuda' by Heart or any song by Led Zeppelin.

Racer radio is very good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think some of the songs from Skillet's album Alien Youth would be perfect for Area 72; specifically "Vapor" (for Flight of Fear) and "Eating me Away". Other songs that would be cool to hear from that album are "Kill Me Heal Me", and "Stronger".

Vapor:

Eating Me Away:

International Street - instrumental chill 

Rivertown.  Instrumental bluegrass

Oktoberfest - instrumental polka etc 

Coney - dance music and disco

Area 72 - the current soundtrack is perfect. 

Happy Land cartoony music 

Action Zone is so generic there is no music that goes with it.  

I'm a metal head, but that's why I bring my headphones. It's a family park. Although one time when I visited for The Haunt in 2019 somebody was playing electro-industrial music that I'm very familiar with on International Street.

Would be good to hear maybe "For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica played occasionally. Not just "Enter Sandman" all the time. I like hearing old pop and rock played on Coney Mall, I like the bluegrass covers in Rivertown, but I'd like to hear more different bluegrass bands as well. And if not that, the instrumentals are kinda fun to figure out what song they're covering.

I would like to hear more '80s pop and '90s alt rock (that's my decade),. I also really like Big 106.5 and listen to them a lot. And they should play as much non-explicit rap as they can. I absolutely do not want to hear modern country music or Limp Bizkit. I like old country music better. The main thing is the music should be happy and put you in a good mood, and cater to all generations.