Enquirer Article Mentioning KICentral!

BoddaH1994

Carrie Whitaker, who is the Enquirer reporter responsible for covering the news at Kings Island, recently posted an article about the Diamondback auction at Kings Island. She talks about some of the major contributes including everyone's favorite Kings Island site - KICentral!

Bid for Seats on Diamondback

Allow me to clarify something. I mention in the article that the whole community is responsible for the Diamondback bid. As you know, we did not do any kind of collection to raise money for the bid. Instead, we utilized advertising reveneue -- revenue that we make because loyal Kings Island lovers like yourselves visit the site so often and make it such a success. We are forever grateful for your patronage and as a result of this we are able to do philanthropic work like this and sponsor such events as the Offseason Blues Party. Thank you!

Yes it was a wonderful article and actually seemed to be filled with more facts than most. Thanks for pointing out the article to us and it is great to see you guys giving back to the community.

I think it is great to see Mr. Hague putting up so much money for the ride and the money is going to a good cause but it just seems odd to me that they make a big deal out of some companies bidding then donating while other enthusiast want to ride. It makes me confused like if I win a bid should I donate it or do what the enthusiast side of me wants to do and ride it. It makes me feel odd to admit “I want to ride”, but it is true. I wish there was a special train that held more A Kid Again recipients that I could help donate a seat to for a fixed price. I think it would be great to see KI offer a special train to large bidders of their own and have a company representative ride with A Kid Again recipients. I would love to see 100+ trains pull out of Diamondback if it meant more money to a great cause.

It makes me confused like if I win a bid should I donate it or do what the enthusiast side of me wants to do and ride it.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not quite sure yet what to do.

I was thrilled when it was mentioned that over $30,000 had been raised for A Kid Again. That is simply amazing. :)

It's like I said on Saturday, it's your money you should be able to do with it what you wish. While I applaud the park for encouraging people to donate their seats, I don't think anyone should be forced to give up their seat. You paid for that seat, it's your decision.

It makes me confused like if I win a bid should I donate it or do what the enthusiast side of me wants to do and ride it.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not quite sure yet what to do.

I was thrilled when it was mentioned that over $30,000 had been raised for A Kid Again. That is simply amazing. :)

It's like I said on Saturday, it's your money you should be able to do with it what you wish. While I applaud the park for encouraging people to donate their seats, I don't think anyone should be forced to give up their seat. You paid for that seat, it's your decision.

I want to make it clear that the park isn't necessarily encouraging anyone to give up their seats. It's your seat and you can do what you want with it.