What are your opening day plans?

DropZone99

Well in only 51 days, Kings Island will finally open back up! I am getting very excited for Diamondback, and the rest of KI! About this time of the year is when I start having my KI dreams again, and I'm always thinking about KI. So since we don't have much left of the off season, I'm starting to think up an idea for my opening day trip.

I plan on getting home from school around 3:00pm Friday April 17th. and go home for about two hours than leave for KI. I want to get in Mason/Kings Mills before night fall so I can get some photo opportunities of KI, and maybe some of the rides testing. Were going to stay at KI Inn most likely. I'm going to meet up with a few other coaster enthusiasts and eat at Skyline Friday Night. I'll try my best to get a good sleep, and wake up super early. Me and a few Coaster Enthusiast friends of mine are either going to get some breakfast at McDonalds or Burger King and then walk to the drop off area before the parking lot opens. We will wait til' the parking lot to open and then walk to the entrance and get my Platinum Pass Processed and wait for our Diamondback ERT to start. We have one hour to get as many DB rides in as possible. I'll first ride in the very back, and than in the second row of the first car. I have no idea what to expect for the lines, so we may get several rides in, or maybe just one. Once it gets close to the time the park opens to the public, I will just stay in Line for Diamondback and take some pictures and than wait in the station so I can be one of the very first GP riders also. Hopefully they will have those Free Shirts or something similar for First Riders. Than I will get in line again and try to get a few rides before moving onto the rest of the park. I don't have any plans after that except once it starts to get dark I will get in DB's Queue and try to get as many Night Rides as possible. I would love to be on the last ride of the night!

I am very geeky and like to make plans, even if I end up not following them, I just think it's fun to do. So what are your plans, If you have any?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I only skimmed your post, but apparently there will be no Diamondback ERT on opening day.

In addition, honestly, I'm doubting the Diamondback first rider shirts. While I'd love to see them, usually that's a gimmick to get people out to the park...no gimmicks needed for Diamondback! Plus, it just seems like an unnecessary waste of $25K to print up these shirts considering all the costs being sunk into D-back...but I hope I'm wrong as I love free shirts!!

^And if there is ERT that day, the auction rides will most likely cut into the ERT time. Just a possibility... nothing's been finalized yet that I'm aware of.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they want to have a huge grand opening with the media and everything and how is that going to happen if they have ERT?

Plus I see people spending the night at the gate or at least attempting to.

And the auction does say the winners get "a special gift from the park" so my guess was a t-shirt but I don't know.

So my guess is if you want the first ride, my guess is try to find $2700.

I plan on getting to the park with my fiancee and our friend Scott an hour earlier than ERT will start and wait to get in and get to DB. After riding once, depending on how ERT goes, I'll try getting back in line for a second go. After riding DB a couple times, not sure what our plans will be. Probably check out The Beast and walk around and see what kind of changes they've made to the park.

It doesn't say there isn't ERT, it just says the first Five Trains will be auctioned. I would think there would be enough time after that to be some ERT, well atleast Early Line Up.

Yeah, I guess they've never really assigned a specific time for the auction rides. But if they want a big media event, I don't know what they'd do...

It doesn't say there isn't ERT, it just says the first Five Trains will be auctioned. I would think there would be enough time after that to be some ERT, well atleast Early Line Up.

Yeah, I guess they've never really assigned a specific time for the auction rides. But if they want a big media event, I don't know what they'd do...

Good point, I do see what you mean. Though I do hope there will be some ERT for opening day. And I'm pretty sure there will be a Media Day, I would Guess It's Friday, but I don't know.

Good point, I do see what you mean. Though I do hope there will be some ERT for opening day. And I'm pretty sure there will be a Media Day, I would Guess It's Friday, but I don't know.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. They still have yet to release the Gold Pass Benefits

Well...

In was planning on getting there early to ride DB, but now my Prom is on that day. I hoping they have the ERT, so I can leave quickly in the morning.

My homecoming was on October 25th. which was Fall Freakout But of course I chose KI over some dumb dance! :lol:

I think we definitely need to have a mini-KIC meet at Diamondback.

I wouldn't mind a mini-meeting

I think that would be cool too. And same goes for me. I'll either meet up with people before KI opens at the entrance gates or after I get a few Diamondback rides...

I will take the traditional first ride on The Beast. It has been the first ride of my season (not always on opening day) for many years. As much as I want to ride DB, I

just can't bring myself to go anywhere but straight to The Beast when I get to KI. As I've said on here before, if I didn't ride The Beast first, I would feel like I was cheating on my wife. lol!

Well, my 24 hours or so will go like this.

12:00am Friday--Get off work

12:45--Get home

1-1:30--Get to bed

8-8:30--Get up and leave for the park

9:15-9:45--Enter the park and attempt to get in line for DB.

After that it's all about just enjoying the park until about 9:30 when we'll hopefully get back in line for DB for a night ride.

with my luck that prob. will happen but doubts are hi. :P

well call me lame but since everyone seemsed focused on DB i will focuse my time on all other area's of the park due to shorter lines ;)

My idea :P haha and mabye everybody is thinking like us and there will be a really short DB line :rolleyes: