What are your opening day plans?

DropZone99

It doesn't say there isn't ERT, it just says the first Five Trains will be auctioned. I would think there would be enough time after that to be some ERT, well atleast Early Line Up.

Yeah, I guess they've never really assigned a specific time for the auction rides. But if they want a big media event, I don't know what they'd do...

In our Podcast with Don Helbig he stated the auction rides will take place when the park opens (around 10:00 he says), because they want other guests to be able to see the winners and enjoy the excitement of the first rides. (You can listen to the podcast at Audio Journeys with Rex and The Beast (Helbig).)

Also, on Opening Day Rex and The Beast will be on the first rides of D-back as part of the auction and then will be enjoying the rest of the park. In addition we will be doing some opening day videos and interviews with various visitors. We would love to meet with some of the KIC fans, and when we get a little closer to Opening Day, we will post where we are going to be in the park at certain times and would love to say hello and meet some of you. Let us know if you are interested!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't say there isn't ERT, it just says the first Five Trains will be auctioned. I would think there would be enough time after that to be some ERT, well atleast Early Line Up.

Yeah, I guess they've never really assigned a specific time for the auction rides. But if they want a big media event, I don't know what they'd do...

In our Podcast with Don Helbig he stated the auction rides will take place when the park opens (around 10:00 he says), because they want other guests to be able to see the winners and enjoy the excitement of the first rides. (You can listen to the podcast at Audio Journeys with Rex and The Beast (Helbig).)

Also, on Opening Day Rex and The Beast will be on the first rides of D-back as part of the auction and then will be enjoying the rest of the park. In addition we will be doing some opening day videos and interviews with various visitors. We would love to meet with some of the KIC fans, and when we get a little closer to Opening Day, we will post where we are going to be in the park at certain times and would love to say hello and meet some of you. Let us know if you are interested!

So will there be ERT on Opening day? And you should interview me, Obviosly I'm a member on KICentral and Know alot about KI and roller coasters in general. Just tell when and where, and I'll be there!

I don't really plan out my entire day at a park. I hit my favorite rides first, and then either meet up with friends or see what else the park has to offer.

An amusement park to me is like a mini-vacation. I live by a schedule enough of the time in my life. Other than ERT, I don't need to go by a strict schedule when I'm at a place that makes me feel happy and carefree.

Rex and The Beast, first it has been nice having you guys checking in and sharing your thoughts and offering useful information with us all. I will be particularly interested on your thoughts on the new ride Diamondback, Kings Island and your experience leading up to and including April 18, 2009. I have toured your site and it is great to have fellow park enthusiast sharing this time with us especially with others who have many expanded park experiences as yourselves. It sounds like opening day is going to be a blast. I hope we get the chance to say hi and I will keep a look out for you guys up on the platform for first rides. I guess the question is; what color RexBeast.com shirt is Rex going to be wearing?

I don't really plan out my entire day at a park. I hit my favorite rides first, and then either meet up with friends or see what else the park has to offer.

An amusement park to me is like a mini-vacation. I live by a schedule enough of the time in my life. Other than ERT, I don't need to go by a strict schedule when I'm at a place that makes me feel happy and carefree.

I couldn't have said that any better.

“I never plan out my visits to the park” I love hearing that and know many parks do too. Not that I follow that statement, because sometimes I do sometimes I don't but I almost always have a least a very basic plan depending on that days festivities. But I always hope that nobody else has a plan because if and when I have a plan I count on others who don't.

I would like to meet you guys as well. I discovered your great website by following your adventure to Hard Rock Park and your great pictures!

I just e-mailed Don and this is what i got back.

"Due to the first ride auction there may not be. It will depend on what time we have the first riders ride."(Don)

I'm sry i dont know how to put it into the normal Qoutes

The only plans I have so far is to be on the first ride (well first five at least) of Diamondback and then go to The Beast. After that, I think I will head down to Action Zone and ride eXreme Skyflyer for the first time. So far, that's it for my plans but as the date comes closer I'll make more specific arangements.

Try to get there early that morning, and be among the ERT with my Platinum pass. Then getting off and seeing the huge line, take pictures of the line, then go on to Beast. Then after beast, head back to DB then take a few more pictures of the huge line.

My plan is to meet up with my friend Gabe outside the park (he's coming from Indy, I'll be coming from Dayton), hopefully carpool in together, and head straight for Dback with him. After that, we're just going to explore the park together, and hopefully I'll be getting my first ride on Xtreme Skyflyer as well! I won't pay full price for it so I'm hoping they'll run an opening day special or something. I'd also like to ride Slingshot.

Basically I only have three definites for opening day: Diamondback, Flight of Fear and The Beast at night. Past that, whatever goes!

I've also noticed a lot of people plan out the first half of their summer visits and have the dates listed in their signature - I tend to visit the park on the whim, sometimes with as little decision time as 5 minutes, but the farthest I've ever planned a trip in advance (excepting opening day) is a week or two, if I'm going with friends. Am I the only one who doesn't pre-plan their trips? If it's just my husband and myself, we tend to decide the night before or the morning of, if it's just me, I'll pick up and go at a moment's notice.

Off topic aside - I just noticed I have the shiny title of KIC enthusiast. :) I have no idea when I got it, but I like it! It'll probably change in 10 posts, but for the time being I shall admire it.

You are not the only person who does not preplan trips. It is not unusual for me to be at Park A then suddenly decide to leave without warning and set out for Park B and then even add Park C. I have done this many times, usually on the same day. Once upon a time, I planned a trip to Michigan to go to Michigan's Adventure. Took a friend, and we went. Got there, did everything the first day for a two day event, left and went to Wisconsin with a stop at SFGAm. For a weekend.

I've also, from time to time:

KI...to KK for part of the day...then back to KI for last ride on Beast

KI...KK...HW...KI same day

KD...CWi...same day

KD...SFA...Dorney

Yes, I'm nuts.

On July 4, 2007, I drove seven hours to ride Son of Beast once, Beast once and left KI happy.

And perhaps silliest of all, during a Las Vegas company trip, I drove to LA and back in a day to ride Tatsu once, and then had to leave SFMM to get back for the company portion of the trip again. Well worth it, too.

KI opening day this year? I hope to be there. And stay all day. That's my plan, and for those that know me and where I am in life right now, that's quite the ambitious plan. And enough. For now.

I plan some of my trips, mostly coaster event days like Ride Warriors Weekend, etc.

Other than that, I've been known to get up well before the crack of dawn, pack a bag, and take a random trip to an amusement park, KI more often than CP.

I have a lot of friends that work up at CP. I'll show up without warning sometimes.. I love seeing the priceless looks on their faces like "wha...? ANGIEEEEE!!! *hugs*" :lol:

My trips are usually unplanned as well. I will be there opening day, but usually am there every Friday night from 6-10 for the 1st two months. After that its usually Sundays as long as its not too hot..lol ONce it gets too hot, its usually Boomerang Bay, then we start coming back to KI when it cools off. The 1st two months on Fridays is the best as almost everything is a walk on. :)

Most of our trips are unplanned as well. The dates in my sig are days I know I'll definitely be there... opening day, solo trip on 5/1 since Mrs. Gator & GatorGirl will be in Florida (why should they be the only ones to have fun that week? :lol: ), and Ride Warriors weekend. There will be many more days where we'll decide the day before or the same day to go.

The only plans I have laid out for opening day are: getting to the park to be there at opening, getting a parent swap card at GR, heading straight to DB to wait in line & ride, once I get off the ride give the parent swap card to Mrs. Gator so she can ride while I stay with GatorGirl, then enjoy the rest of what the park has to offer... and hopefully be able to experience GatorGirl riding Viking Fury, Fairly Odd Coaster and Phantom Flyers for the first time! We're still resisting the urge to measure her to see if she's 40"... we want to wait for opening day for the official KI measurement.

There have been times where I've had a particularly bad day at work (I usually work 7 am - 3 pm), so I'd drive down to KI after work and spend the rest of the day at the park. It's an amazing stress reliever.

Haha!! For this very reason I'll have my "Diamondback pack" in the car, so this summer whenever the weather outside is phenomenal, the office is half-empty and I'm in between park trips, I can always take off after lunch, and be rescued by my D-back pack, which will include a change of clothes, hangers, shoes and some other "park essentials" so I can go straight from work to KI, not waiting to pass Go or collecting $200 either.

This pack will stay in my car the entire time like a first-aid kit, and be replenished as necessary, and I'm definitely expecting to use it more than just once this summer!!

There have been times where I've had a particularly bad day at work (I usually work 7 am - 3 pm), so I'd drive down to KI after work and spend the rest of the day at the park. It's an amazing stress reliever.

I did that every Friday and Saturday during Haunt. I was working 5-10 pm and my husband would meet me at work with a change of shirt and we'd make the 45 minute drive down there for the last 2 hours. Usually all things were walk-on, so that was definitely a nice stress reliever!

My plan is to meet up with my friend Gabe outside the park (he's coming from Indy, I'll be coming from Dayton), hopefully carpool in together, and head straight for Dback with him. After that, we're just going to explore the park together, and hopefully I'll be getting my first ride on Xtreme Skyflyer as well! I won't pay full price for it so I'm hoping they'll run an opening day special or something. I'd also like to ride Slingshot.

Basically I only have three definites for opening day: Diamondback, Flight of Fear and The Beast at night. Past that, whatever goes!

I've also noticed a lot of people plan out the first half of their summer visits and have the dates listed in their signature - I tend to visit the park on the whim, sometimes with as little decision time as 5 minutes, but the farthest I've ever planned a trip in advance (excepting opening day) is a week or two, if I'm going with friends. Am I the only one who doesn't pre-plan their trips? If it's just my husband and myself, we tend to decide the night before or the morning of, if it's just me, I'll pick up and go at a moment's notice.

Off topic aside - I just noticed I have the shiny title of KIC enthusiast. :) I have no idea when I got it, but I like it! It'll probably change in 10 posts, but for the time being I shall admire it.

For the most part, I have to plan my trips in order to obtain the day off from work. I know I have every Sunday off so sometimes we go then, but when I have a weekday off in the summer, I'm at the Island. But even that's planned as far out as the Friday prior.

• 2 weeks later...