2009 Season Pass Processing Begins - April 1st

pkiboy

I havent seen this posted yet so,

2009 SEASON PASS PROCESSING BEGINS

April 1, 2009

Mon - Fri 4pm - 8pm; Sat - Sun 10am - 6pm

Buy Your 2009 Season Pass Today!

You know it's almost that time of year again! Time to process your 2009 Kings Island Season Pass!

The Kings Island Season Pass Processing Center will be open starting April 1st through opening day:

Monday - Friday: 4pm - 8pm

Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 6pm

Beat the long lines in the spring and process early!

I Highly Recommend Processing your pass before the park opens.

Link http://visitkingsisland.com/events/events.cfm

I'll go get my Platinum Pass processed the night before the park opens.

I realize that you're coming from quite a distance, but if anyone is local and intends to get their passes processed before opening day usually it's the earlier the better. Typically the first few days are a quick in-and-out but the days leading up to opening day have longer waiting periods.

usually it's the earlier the better. Typically the first few days are a quick in-and-out but the days leading up to opening day have longer waiting periods.

Really? I would have assumed (being that this is my first off season since becoming an enthusiast) that the first days of pass processing would have long lines.

I made the mistake of waiting until opening day to process my pass last year. I waited 45 minutes in line at the processing center.

I remember Avatar (I think it was him) posting a video showing the line for Season Pass Processing on opening day, It looked horrible! I didn't make it to opening day, but I went the second day KI was open and the line wasn't big at all, I got it done in 5 minutes. This year It will most likely have a huge line with Diamondback being new.

^^45 mins?? Ouch!! I think, if anything, it's more that people are procrastinators...thus, the early bird getting the worm (of short lines!! :) )

Yep.. it was that bad. The line for the pass processing center on opening day was back into the parking lot. Waiting until the last minute was a big, big, BIG mistake.

I remember Avatar (I think it was him) posting a video showing the line for Season Pass Processing on opening day, It looked horrible! I didn't make it to opening day, but I went the second day KI was open and the line wasn't big at all, I got it done in 5 minutes. This year It will most likely have a huge line with Diamondback being new.

Yes it was a long line opening day last year but giving credit to Kings Island the line did keep moving.

I did post a video in a trip report I did last year called Time To Smell The Tulips

I did pan to quickly in the video and glad I learned that lesson early in the season, so I am adding a couple pictures form that day too.

0_0_9e78a74a888ff826b21aad7c08b41fcf_1.j0_0_7dd051dc9d4c4254f79c530e123eb061_1.j

It seemed the line for SPP was longer than most of the lines for the rides that day!

I'm pretty sure it was. And I guess the people also didn't realize they could procrastinate more because a season pass is good for one time admission with the bar code. So technically you could enter and then come back later when the line is shorter.

Forgive this possibly obvious question from a first time season pass holder...

My wife and I went down to KI last year in September for Halloween Haunt. Before entering the park, we purchased 2 platinum passes (the announcement of a coaster like DB will lead a guy to throw down 300 bucks :P ). After purchasing the passes and receiving a receipt, we went around the corner and filled out forms, had our pictures taken, and were handed 2 platinum cards.

Am I correct in assuming that the paperwork/picture taking was the "processing" being refered to, and that my wife and I are already good to go come April 18?

Thanks guys,

Matt

Forgive this possibly obvious question from a first time season pass holder...

My wife and I went down to KI last year in September for Halloween Haunt. Before entering the park, we purchased 2 platinum passes (the announcement of a coaster like DB will lead a guy to throw down 300 bucks :P ). After purchasing the passes and receiving a receipt, we went around the corner and filled out forms, had our pictures taken, and were handed 2 platinum cards.

Am I correct in assuming that the paperwork/picture taking was the "processing" being refered to, and that my wife and I are already good to go come April 18?

Thanks guys,

Matt

That's what I did as well, Tchu. I'm taking my receipt with me as well, just in case anything went screwy.

Yes it was a long line opening day last year but giving credit to Kings Island the line did keep moving.

I did post a video in a trip report I did last year called Time To Smell The Tulips

I did pan to quickly in the video and glad I learned that lesson early in the season, so I am adding a couple pictures form that day too.

0_0_9e78a74a888ff826b21aad7c08b41fcf_1.j0_0_7dd051dc9d4c4254f79c530e123eb061_1.j

I have been there on opening day and seen a line similar to that one. It might have actually been that same picture. What i did was go in the park with my Eticket and then come out at about 6 and get in a very short line and get it processed. But this year i will be taking advantage of the processing days due to me not being able to go on Opening Day.

I'm hoping I'll have the money to renew my pass before opening day, I don't want to be stuck in one of these huge lines!! Anyone know what it takes to get one renewed? I was planning on doing it online using last year's pass number but does that mean it still needs to be processed at the park?

From Cedar Point's website:

PLEASE NOTE: All 2009 Season Passes & 2009 Platinum Passes MUST BE PROCESSED AT THE SAME PARK OF PURCHASE!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission...asses/index.cfm

And:

...All Passes (One Park Only and Platinum Passes) must be redeemed, processed and upgraded at the park through which they were purchased.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission...passes/info.cfm

I'd call Cedar Point for advice on what to do. General Information (419) 627-2350

I have heard of people getting in on a voucher (and even on last year's pass when the park where the 2009 pass was purchased is not yet open), but I would NOT depend on it.

The same thing happens at Six Flags...which is why I end up buying passes from the most expensive park in the chain year after year (they process in the fall, when nearly none of the rest of them do), and I never know if I am going to hit there or SFOG first...plus SFOG normally will NOT sell you parking online...go figure. It maketh no sense.

Why on earth can you not buy a Platinum Pass online, then process at whatever Cedar Fair Park you hit first? Is customer service important, or is it not? How hard can it be? This is particularly so when Platinum Passes cost the same from any Cedar Fair park...the same is NOT true at Six Flags, not even close. From as little as $39.95 to $84.95 and more for a dry park pass...with parking typically being an additional $45...

The same thing happens at Six Flags...which is why I end up buying passes from the most expensive park in the chain year after year (they process in the fall, when nearly none of the rest of them do), and I never know if I am going to hit there or SFOG first...plus SFOG normally will NOT sell you parking online...go figure. It maketh no sense.

Why on earth can you not buy a Platinum Pass online, then process at whatever Cedar Fair Park you hit first? Is customer service important, or is it not? How hard can it be? This is particularly so when Platinum Passes cost the same from any Cedar Fair park...the same is NOT true at Six Flags, not even close. From as little as $39.95 to $84.95 and more for a dry park pass...with parking typically being an additional $45...

If CP was my homepark, that would really make me mad that I'd have to wait till May..

Seriously..

I'm hoping I'll have the money to renew my pass before opening day, I don't want to be stuck in one of these huge lines!! Anyone know what it takes to get one renewed? I was planning on doing it online using last year's pass number but does that mean it still needs to be processed at the park?

Sure does. Once you get your receipt or whatever it is you have to print out, you'll need to have it "processed" to get your new card. Typical strategies include entering with your receipt and coming back out later after the line has died down and having it processed then, or waiting in a massive line.