What's the scariest ride you've ridden at KI?

KIDreamer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... I have never ridden Xtreme Skyflyer. Ever.

I don't want to go by myself, and my mom wouldn't let me go when I was younger. Once I got older and started going to the park by myself, I either didn't have the money or couldn't find someone to go with me. I've had several people promise to go with me and all have either backed out or never gone to the park with me. Same thing with Slingshot, but Skyflyer annoys me more because it's been there for so long and I've never been on it. I started going to the park by myself at 16 so that's 7 years that it's been taunting me.

Hopefully this year will be the year, as I finally have a friend that plans to go to the park with me multiple times this summer, including opening day, and has promised to ride both with me.

Eiffel Tower.

It's structure is both too high and too uneasy-feeling for me to conquer again. I feel very dizzy while on the platform. I once fell on the floor as the elevator doors opened. This is the same reason I will not take a ride on Drop Tower, Skyflyer, or SlingShot. Ever. Heights aren't my thing.

The scariest ride i am ridden at Kings Island is the Grand Carousel!!!!!

Seriously!!!

it goes so slow it drives me crazy!!!!

Isn't that kind of the joy of it? Carousels, in my opinion, are slow because they are classic rides that just make you feel good, and dare I say, nostalgic. Especially because it's from KI, and is the oldest ride in the park.

Not all carousels are slow. Some are amazingly fast. The one that used to be at Dollywood, which was removed recently, was a Denzel, and revolved about at around three times the speed of the one at Kings Island. Small children gripped the horsies, many in fear! :)

The one in Elmira, New York goes nearly 18 miles an hour! :)

http://www.cityofelmira.net/dps/park_eldridgecarousel.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2auDNkR1g7s (embedding disabled) (Thanks, Ty!)

On this last one, the carousel can be seen in operation (and fast!) around 8:10 in....

• 3 weeks later...
Some think it is scarier if you are not the one pulling the string...for the same reason that some people find it intimidating not knowing when Flight of Fear is going to launch...regulars, of course, do know.

Yeah, same thing with when Drop Zo... er Tower is going to drop