Career's at Kings Island

NatiReds084

First I would like to say that I havent been on here in forever.. obviously, and I am pumped to ride Diamondback and also go to Kings Island in general this summer. I was thinking about something the other day though... I was just wondering what kind of careers there are to pursue at Kings Island. I will be graduating college in a couple years and I might want to see what Kings Island has to offer as far as jobs and careers. Also.. who would I talk to about this at KI or where would I go? Thanks.

You just missed the job fair! I assume you mean only in the future, though. Many possible careers await at theme and amusement parks, from ride operator, to food service to ecology to landscaping to maintenance to marketing/public relations to administrative, all at the line level and in management. You can always talk to current employees, watch the website for openings, and remember that Cedar Fair, in particular, is known for promoting from within.

Full time positions are very hard to find in the amusement park industry, because most promote from within. Also, most have a maximum number of full time positions in a given season, which means that someone would need to be let go or die in order for a spot to open. If you are serious about working in a management position and have some time, I would suggest starting at the entry level in the department you want to work in (ride operator, food service associate, etc.) and work your way up. Of course there is never a guarantee that you will make your way up to the level you want.

"Let go or die"?? LMAO!! Ummm...not quite!!

Someone could also change jobs to another company...that happens, you know!! Plus, based upon what I've heard, Cedar Fair isn't the highest paying company in the world. Not that every company is, but many do pay better...

During my 2nd year working in the park in 73, I ask Charlie Dinn if I could come and work for him and he said, "Come after Labor Day and I will hire you." I remember Charlie marking my height on the entrance on the wall and seeing how much I had grown. I worked full time in maint working as a laborer assisting in building all the footings to the mono-rail in Lion Country. I worked there through 73 and 74.