Extreme Thrills Top The Stratosphere

I've been to Vegas only once, and one of the things I was most looking forward to was going to Stratosphere. We went to ST:TE, rode Manhattan Express, Mrs. Gator talked me out of Speed :angry:, we foolishly didn't check Adventuredome's hours the day we went to Circus Circus, so it was closed when we got there. We also had side trips planned to the Grand Canyon and Death Valley National Parks (I know, opposite directions ;)). And we were saving what I considered to be the highlight, Stratosphere, for the end of the trip (you know, "save the best for last").

Well, we flew into Vegas on Sept. 8th and were flying back on Sept. 16th. The year?

Needless to say all of our plans were altered by the events that occured on Tuesday of that week. We ended up driving back home and making the best of our trip along the way, stopping to see things that we had no plans to do originally since we were going to be flying back.

Stratosphere was still closed when we left Vegas, so I never got to do anything there. And now High Roller's gone (and yes, Terpy, it would have been nerve wracking for me :lol:). Now that we have a kid, who knows when or if I'll make it out that way again to experience the other things Startosphere has. It's still on my list...

It's all in priorities. I have always ridden anything and everything I have wanted to in Vegas...and knew to ask about POP...you can pay that high price per ride, or you can normally get a ride all day at most attractions for about 20 percent more than the cost of a single ride, but you MUST ask...it is almost never advertised. As at least one poster here can confirm, I have never wagered or bet a single penny, nickel or dime in Las Vegas or in Nevada for that matter. And you never know what is there today that won't be tomorrow. I hit the park at MGM Grand, thanks to the strong advice back then of a member here, and I have never regretted it. I rode High Roller while it was there, Big Shot before it was modified (and tamed), and had a hot fudge sundae off the kids menu at Treasure Island at 3am one morning (that fits here somehow). I also have left Vegas during a business trip, while others were watching Mr. John, to drive to and from LA to ride Tatsu once.

Guest rcfreak339
I've been to Vegas only once, and one of the things I was most looking forward to was going to Stratosphere. We went to ST:TE, rode Manhattan Express, Mrs. Gator talked me out of Speed :angry:, we foolishly didn't check Adventuredome's hours the day we went to Circus Circus, so it was closed when we got there. We also had side trips planned to the Grand Canyon and Death Valley National Parks (I know, opposite directions ;)). And we were saving what I considered to be the highlight, Stratosphere, for the end of the trip (you know, "save the best for last").

Well, we flew into Vegas on Sept. 8th and were flying back on Sept. 16th. The year?

Needless to say all of our plans were altered by the events that occured on Tuesday of that week. We ended up driving back home and making the best of our trip along the way, stopping to see things that we had no plans to do originally since we were going to be flying back.

Stratosphere was still closed when we left Vegas, so I never got to do anything there. And now High Roller's gone (and yes, Terpy, it would have been nerve wracking for me :lol:). Now that we have a kid, who knows when or if I'll make it out that way again to experience the other things Startosphere has. It's still on my list...

Wow what time did you get to the Adventure Dome? When I went there in 2007 the park closed at 12 am everyday! You really should have rode Speed, it's right up there with the best coasters I've ridden and with a coupon it only cost 15 dollars to ride all day! I rode that thing about 25 times for about 2 hours. Manhattan Express sucks, they should pay me 12 dollars to ride it, looks fun but it's like a roller coaster to hell. As for the rides on the Stratosphere I only rode the Big Shot and really scared the living daylight out of me, as for the other rides, they look easy but when you are 1,000 ft in the air they are intimidating. I loved Las Vegas, I believe it's one of those places were you either hate it or you love it.

"but you MUST ask...it is almost never advertised"

Actually thats an incorrect Interpretation. As someone who goes to Vegas annually I can attest the all day passes are advertised very much so, even before you go the webpages clearly attest to that.

http://adventuredome.com/

http://www.stratospherehotel.com/thrills/

http://saharavegas.com/NASCAR

While the NYNY site does not list specific prices for an individual ride, further details regarding "thrilling adventures" in Vegas are easily accessible at:

http://shop.vegas.com/shows/showtimes2.jsp?show=948

Perhaps I'll save this for another post, but... no rollercoaster, anywhere, ever will come remotely close to the thrill of jumping out of an airplane over Vegas. But ... thats another story...