Diamondback shortening other lines?

NatiReds084

Do you think the opening of Diamondback will shorten the lines on other rides such as Flight of Fear, Firehawk, etc. Or will they stay just as long and also have ridiculous lines on Diamondback? I am back on forth on what I think will happen, but I am leaning towards the lines pretty much staying the same.

Of course some people who would otherwise be in line for other rides will instead be in line for Diamondback. Still, others will be drawn to the park who otherwise would not come. I think Diamondback will greatly lengthen lines on The Beast (see what happened to Flight of Fear when Firehawk was installed), but have little discernible effect on other rides, except on opening day.

Yeah, I noticed that during testing. The ride really wastes no time at all. As soon as you leave the station, you're going up the hill, and that's coupled with the fact that the lift hill is really fast. I think train dispatch intervals will be really small.

On Firehawk's opening day I waited five hours for Firehawk, and the next longest wait I waited was for Flight of Fear which was about 45 minutes, so the rest of the rides didn't have too long of waits. But I think it'll be different for Diamondback, I think all the other lines will be just as long if not longer do to the fact that the park will be more popular with Diamondback.

My experience at other parks in these circumstances is the other lines may be slightly shorter, but it is partly a matter of timing. At some times, people may flock to D-Back and you can get on the other rides quickly. However, some times people decide to "take advantage" of people going to D-Back and rush to the others. My advice...stay alert and be ready to move quickly and you will be fine.

I think train dispatch intervals will be really small.

My only fear is that D-back will likely be a black hole for KI higher-up's, potentially resulting in way over-cautious (and drastically slower) operations when 20 extra eye balls (of bosses, no less!) are looking on...I mean, most people work very reservedly when doing so right in front of their boss.

But when the tie's are not around, I hope they zip down the train!! While still being safe, of course! :)

is the chain lift on Diamondback the same concept as on MF? if so then it will not take no time at all to reach the top.

It's a typical chain lift system, from what I could tell but you can't hear the anti-rollback chain dogs as you can with other coasters. I was worried that the noise of the lift hill would interfere with the International Showplace, but my apprehensions were allayed.

I'm glad they used a chain. I have never riden MF before though, so I can't really say which is better.

I do think the "clickity-clack" going up the hill adds to the suspense of the ride though.

Even if you can't hear it on the ground, I'm sure you'll be able to when you're on the ride.

I'm glad they used a chain. I have never riden MF before though, so I can't really say which is better.

I do think the "clickity-clack" going up the hill adds to the suspense of the ride though.

Even if you can't hear it on the ground, I'm sure you'll be able to when you're on the ride.

I'm sure there's some sort of anti-rollback mechanism. I was certainly within a similar distance in which I could have heard it from other rides. I know that Chang is very loud, so my only guess is that this is some sort of different technology.

If its like Behemoth, you`ll be able to hear the anti roll backs from the train. At the Showplace, I`d be more worried about noise from the brakes and people on the train interfering with the sound. But with as loud as they typically play the sound there, I doubt even those noises will be much of an issue.

If its like Behemoth, you`ll be able to hear the anti roll backs from the train. At the Showplace, I`d be more worried about noise from the brakes and people on the train interfering with the sound. But with as loud as they typically play the sound there, I doubt even those noises will be much of an issue.

Granted, the test dummies don't scream (except maybe that bald one featured on Visitkingsisland.com) but it was really odd -- the only noise you really heard from the ride was from the B&M roars. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

With as loud as that roar seemed to be from the video, I have to wonder if you will be able to hear the ride from inside The Crypt. You may in fact be able to hear it inside The Crypt. Especially since the audio that they were playing last year was barely audible at times.