Petition to Add Music to THE CRYPT.

bkroz

http://www.gopetition.com/online/25820.html

I figure, it can't hurt, right? This is a petition to do something about The Crypt. It is not, however, all whiny and pouty like "WAH WE WANT IT TO BE TOOOME RAYDER!" Obviously, we Tomb Raider fans have started to face facts: It won't be Tomb Raider in 2009, they're not waiting to surprise us the day it opens, they're not going to buy the rights next year when they won't have a new debut attraction... All in all, it's NEVER going to be Tomb Raider again. That goddess isn't ever going to light up, no matter how much we cry. No matter how much of a waste we all know that it is for a multi-thousand dollar light up goddess to just be hanging there in the dark, that's life. This petition isn't addressing that...

It's logically saying that this probably isn't the time economically or with Diamondback's release to insist on a brand new theme, but if Kings Dominion's "Crypt" can still have its Tomb Raider music (and apparently, so can Great America's "Firefall" even though it doesn't have a theme that fits the tribal music at all??) then apparently that music isn't copyrighted and thus, it would literally cost $0.00 to play it during Kings Island's Crypt. It would be a cheap and easy way to add a simple element of themeing.

And I don't know about you all. I'm a crazy Crypt fanboy and I'll curse the loss of Tomb Raider till the day I die, but if I got on that ride in April this year and heard ANY kind of fitting music (aka, not wind howling and not techno), I'd absolutely pee myself of excitement. Just imagine if you sat on the ride and voila, you hear that delicious music from Kings Dominion's "Tomb Raider: Firefall" blasting. The ride wouldn't sync up to it, of course, but ANYTHING is better than techno and howling wind with freaking monkeys hooting in the background, right?

If this music is out there getting used at other Cedar Fair parks and it fits at Kings Island more than it fits any of their top spins, why not use it here?

I figure with a couple hundred signatures from this and other Kings Island fansites, it's not like they're going to be bombarded with letters, but management may say "Fine, just give them the darn music to shut them up." The old Tomb Raider FireFall music is free to use. It's just sitting there. If freaking FIREFALL at Great America can have it, why can't a ride actually themed to a tomb? Please consider signing. It definitely couldn't hurt.

Thanks so much!