New Roller Coasters To Make Debut in 2009

The Interpreter

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering...isn't manta the ride everyone compared Diamondback to before the actual DB Press release?

Manta is another ride that B&M had created for this upcoming season, but I never heard any parallels between them other than that.

Any coaster on this list, Diamondback could be compared to since they are all B&M "Mega" Coasters

http://rcdb.com/ir.htm?model=124

I think he may be thinking of SheiKra at Busch Gardens Africa in Tampa, a dive coaster of the type Mr. Speigel kept postulating Kings Island was getting. His reputation as a prognosticator took a dive thereafter.

^That's It! Thanks terp! ;)

The coaster war is over. At least for now. The economy won. The coaster enthusiasts, for the time being, have lost. That's what makes Diamondback, and the building thereof, even more astounding! That Cedar Fair would build such a thing in times like these is truly courageous. Yes, things weren't quite as bad when the commitment was made as they are now. Still, Diamondback and the Kings Island capital expenditures represent more than a third of Cedar Fair's entire capital budget.

I think he may be thinking of SheiKra at Busch Gardens Africa in Tampa, a dive coaster of the type Mr. Speigel kept postulating Kings Island was getting. His reputation as a prognosticator took a dive thereafter.

O yeah, he looked at the prints and said the helix were loops, technically horizontal loops, but not like the inversions on SheiKra.

The coaster war is over. At least for now. The economy won. The coaster enthusiasts, for the time being, have lost. That's what makes Diamondback, and the building thereof, even more astounding! That Cedar Fair would build such a thing in times like these is truly courageous. Yes, things weren't quite as bad when the commitment was made as they are now. Still, Diamondback and the Kings Island capital expenditures represent more than a third of Cedar Fair's entire capital budget.

I for one am incredibly grateful for it. I've said it elsewhere recently but I am genuinely amazed at the caliber of CP and KI, comeon they're seasonal parks. I'm going to do all I can to help CF by getting as many people as possible to their parks this year and pushing people to spend inside the park. I don't care if it's only a drop in the bucket. THey've given my an adult playground and I'm going to support them in any way I can.

New Coasters Installed At Cedar Point Amusement Park:

2008: Nothing

2009: Nothing

Still think Nothing compares?

In 2008 they got Skyscraper. In 2009 they got a new Office headquarters and re tracking of several rides, and not to mention the re-assigned webcams.

Kings Island got "Nothing" in 2008 also.

I see that, but I still think that it should be noted that "Nothing" doesn't mean there isn't anything new.
skyscraper costs extra to ride, does the public really care about a new office building? You are a little kid you should really post less and read more. stop acting like such a know it all, it is very annoying.