Gift shop apparel.

gigacoaster2k

This is not a complaint, but rather an idea. I have noticed that the coaster apparel in the gift shops seems to appeal to pretty much the male crowd. The majority of the female-oriented clothing in the shops has nothing to do with the rides or the park, and looks like something I would buy at the Piqua mall. It seems that about 98 percent, if not all, of the coaster apparel is a mens size L - 3XL. I am not sure how well this idea would go budget wise, but I am throwing it out there.

I buy quite a bit of coaster merchandise and clothing. I would be thrilled to see some coaster apparel in the shops that isn't just for men, and I hope that I am not the only one here. I am a small female, and have difficulty finding something in the shops that I as a coaster enthusiast can wear. CafePress just costs too much, and I'd rather buy from the park anyway.

Any thoughts?

I have noticed that the coaster apparel in the gift shops seems to appeal to pretty much the male crowd.

(Just like the demographic of this site.)

It seems that about 98 percent, if not all, of the coaster apparel is a mens size L - 3XL.

The problem is all inside your head she said to me the answer is easy if you take it logically...just start packing on the pounds and you will have a whole new world of t-shirt choices!

This is not a complaint, but rather an idea. I have noticed that the coaster apparel in the gift shops seems to appeal to pretty much the male crowd. The majority of the female-oriented clothing in the shops has nothing to do with the rides or the park, and looks like something I would buy at the Piqua mall. It seems that about 98 percent, if not all, of the coaster apparel is a mens size L - 3XL. I am not sure how well this idea would go budget wise, but I am throwing it out there.

I buy quite a bit of coaster merchandise and clothing. I would be thrilled to see some coaster apparel in the shops that isn't just for men, and I hope that I am not the only one here. I am a small female, and have difficulty finding something in the shops that I as a coaster enthusiast can wear. CafePress just costs too much, and I'd rather buy from the park anyway.

Any thoughts?

Yah my sisters always have a hard time finding shirts of there size. Hopefully this year it will change. Also Cedar Point has one of the best appearl out of most of the parks I've visited.

I have noticed that the coaster apparel in the gift shops seems to appeal to pretty much the male crowd.

(Just like the demographic of this site.)

I completely disagree. This is one of the very few enthusiast websites I have joined that does not treat someone differently because they are female. If I had noticed such a thing, I would have been gone a long time ago.

And Dorney also has a large assortment of clothing in smaller sizes and for the feminine crowd. Perhaps Kings Island's merchandisers need to pay more attention to the sales they are losing...

It also amazes me that Cedar Point and Dorney have fitting booths. If such a thing exists at Kings Island, I've never noticed. How nice, given their refund and exchange policy.

Terpy, who once barely wore a XXL, and can now swim in a size L, believe it or not...

It also amazes me that Cedar Point has fitting booths.

I liked this, as well as the fact that CP had an entire room of the Pagoda Gift Shop devoted to coaster apparel for people of my size.. and one night when the fitting rooms were full, the employee working let me use the storage closet and guarded it while I tried my shirts on.

Guest rcfreak339

Yeah I agree with you Angie, One of my friends which is a Girl didn't even buy a Shirt because she couldn't find anything she liked that is directed to girls about Kings Island and coasters, Kings Island should take that in mind....

Yeah I agree with you Angie, One of my friends which is a Girl didn't even buy a Shirt because she couldn't find anything she liked that is directed to girls about Kings Island and coasters, Kings Island should take that in mind....

Last October during Halloween Haunt my girlfriend and I looked all over the park for a Beast shirt for her. We searched all day and couldn't find anything in her size. I also think the park should look into this.

Speaking of gifts is there a website that sells merchandise for the park? I haven't seen on but I'm sure if there were I would buy from it all the time. Also I think I read somewhere in the forums along time ago the KIC had their own tees are there any available still? I think a KIC tee would be a great way for members to locate each other on days we went to the park. For those of us who want to be located.

KIC at least at one time had a gift shop, from Cafe press. From the main page, you went to Site Info and select KICentral Store. This morning, doing so results in a site error.

Dorney and Cedar Point sell merchandise on line, along with many other Cedar Fair parks. To my knowledge, Kings Island does not, another missed opportunity to collect needed nickels, so far.

^Agreed because I among many others in my family alone would be spending all kinds of nickels if we had an online store to shop from. Not to mention all of the people on this website alone would probably use it as well. I kinda wish KIC still had that gift shop you speak of I'd probably buy a tee right now. I need a few new ones as it is. I'd be more than happy to spend money for this site.

It also amazes me that Cedar Point and Dorney have fitting booths. If such a thing exists at Kings Island, I've never noticed. How nice, given their refund and exchange policy.

Terpy – you really need to hang out in the water park area more! At Matildas shop in Boomerang Bay they have a couple dressing rooms there. Also it seems the lager sizes are more sparingly there as the smaller sizes are plentiful. That might be because the bigger sizes have sold already but I do know the smaller sizes are well stocked at Matildas. I do not know if the shirts are of the coaster lover variety though.

Trust me Terpy more patrons of Matildas and others should consider trying apparel on before going into Boomerang Bay. This is also one of those bitter-sweet events I point point out often.

My wife has said today when I asked about dressing rooms at Girls Space on International Street that there are not any there and also added she has passed over some items in fear they would not fit properly.

So now I know that this lack of changing rooms has saved me some money can we please put a positive spin on this somehow now.

If such a thing exists at Kings Island, I've never noticed. How nice, given their refund and exchange policy.

What is it?? As I've successfully both returned and exchanged merch at KI last year??

Also, Canada's Wonderland had tons of female merch in small sizes, including of Behemoth! So maybe there's hope!? And while I did get B-moth merch, I couldn't quite go for the "Big Coaster, eh?" shirt! :lol:

Well, to start with, given that I live some distance from the park, I normally must wait for a return visit to do an exchange. And they have in the past been real sticklers about having a receipt. I have also been marched back and forth between the shop where the merchandise was purchased and Guest Relations on several occasions. Quite frankly, I am not sure they even know what their return/exchange policy was/is. Given the prices charged, the service should be superb.

Same- I like the park hoodies and sweaters, but don't see much coaster specific apparel.

My other complaint is that a chunk of the girls clothes are ultra-fitted and I don't like my clothes vacuumed to me.

I'll agree with you on that. I'm a big girl, and every time I find 'girls' shirts that I like, they curve in in places that I don't... For instance, I found a shirt that I was in love with at CP last year, but it was a fitted tee and only available as a fitted tee, so I had to pass on it because it was not fitted to me! I never did find a shirt that I really wanted there, as I wanted one that showed the 'skyline' of the coasters rather than one specific coaster.

I think they should have more general coaster merch rather than just ride-specific, also. My favorite hoodie is my "Coaster Freak" one, but I haven't found many other general coaster shirts that I liked. I think it's Angie that has the "Ohio is for coasters" shirt that I love but have not seen at the park. Stuff like that is what I really like.

I think its kinda wierd that KI has that "girl space" store that sells a lot of things for girls rooms, (mostly junk), but yet they have a horrible selection of womens and girls shirts. I agree CP has a way better selection of apparel merchandise, hopefully the new Diamondback Giftshop will carry some decent womens apparel ;)

I think its kinda wierd that KI has that "girl space" store that sells a lot of things for girls rooms, (mostly junk), but yet they have a horrible selection of womens and girls shirts. I agree CP has a way better selection of apparel merchandise, hopefully the new Diamondback Giftshop will carry some decent womens apparel ;)

Treading carefully here:

Do you mean women's apparel for decent people or do you mean apparel for women that's decent?

(Terpy, deserving an answer of Yes, tee hee)

Treading carefully here:

Do you mean women's apparel for decent people or do you mean apparel for women that's decent?

Wow.. It pretty much just means, something that women would like to wear. No more black tee-shirts with boyish designs. Maybe make some things more femine or at least look better when wearing. Girl space is pretty much for little girls into princesseee like stuff.

Well, that shirt did. I have found that these days sizing is all over the map, even in supposedly identical garments of the same size. I don't buy much of anything without trying it on. In some things, I wear a Medium shirt, in others Large, in still others a Small is large...so to speak. Sizing these days seems more of an art than a science.

Treading carefully here:

Yes.

Just answering Terpy how he wanted me to. :P