SixFlags 2009ad

Well to be honest “I like him” and when the music plays I can't help but watch and smile. Now have said that I did not care for his voice in the commercial ad. The thing is his image is one that I associate with fun and watch, which in turns means if the majority of the general public see him the same way and watch the commercial then they are getting their money's worth.

I think Mr. Six in Luffs Avatar and photos of his recent trip report is better than the one in the commercials.

I totally agree. I think Dan Snyder and Mark Shapiro are making a big mistake...if they are indeed bringing Mr. Six back in a campy--let's make fun of him--fashion, which it appears they are. Yes, adolescent teen males may get it...a few of them, but they risk alienating a large portion of their so-called family target audience. It has been a bit odd to watch Six Flags careen back and forth between thrill rides, family audiences, marketing to teens, anti-big thrill ride mentalities, then adding coasters. It is almost as if they are throwing all kinds of things to the wall to see what, if anything, sticks.

Remember, two years ago the emphasis was on clean, safe parks with tidy restrooms, high parking fees but an included souvenir map (which was quite nice), and just not doing anything that prior management had if possible...we are the new Six Flags.

Either bring back Mr. Six respectfully or don't bother.

At least that's my take.

I agree with what you are saying Interpreter as I re watched the old commercial and I must say the older commercial really resonates with me as a family man.

The message is very clear in that one and entices me to want to go more than the new one.

The oddest thing of all of the new ad is the beginning, or prequel. What Mom or Dad wants to think of their teen son or daughter on a couch doing what looks for all the world to be a prequel to "making out?" How does that in any way make a family want to go to a park? Or even a teen, for that matter? That beginning is an all too plain attempt to get attention from teens....who are often not the primary decider of trips to parks...and who, in any event, are not the primary generators of the profitable per cap business in parks.

It is indeed. Or worse, "What's that?" Why on earth is that scene even in this ad?

It's promoting visits to SFOT during Spring Break. Is there supposed to be some inference if we old adults let our kids go to SFOT for Spring Break, they will be more likely to "behave themselves?" If so, it fails. Miserably.

^^I have to disagree...I think the voices are VERY different IMO...

And btw, anyone with CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, etc. all saw the SF commercials a billion times last summer...so this wasn't in just SF markets...I'm kind of mad they removed the Night Row shots like they had in last year's commercial! :(

...And btw, anyone with CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, etc. all saw the SF commercials a billion times last summer...so this wasn't in just SF markets...I'm kind of mad they removed the Night Row shots like they had in last year's commercial! :(

The particular ad in this thread is made for Six Flags Over Texas for spring break. It would not have Night Row in it. I can just imagine the thoosies baying if it did!

It would seem that the "More Flags, More Fun" tagline is here to stay, much to my chagrin. I really did enjoy the "older" commercials, even though I don't live in a SF market, so really I don't have to see the new one at all if I don't want.

It would seem that the "More Flags, More Fun" tagline is here to stay, much to my chagrin. I really did enjoy the "older" commercials, even though I don't live in a SF market, so really I don't have to see the new one at all if I don't want.

Why not? They run nationally on cable stations like CNN, WTBS, etc.

On the other hand, none of us may see very many Six Flags ads, if any, soon enough.

Why not? They run nationally on cable stations like CNN, WTBS, etc.

Because I don't have cable. I just can't justify paying for television.

While I'm glad to see Mr. Six back, last year's ads seemed a bit more creative. They just went and replaced the Asian guy with Mr. Six. If I had to find a voice for Mr. Six, and that's something I wouldn't do, it'd be something with a deeper pitch.

Hopefully they just went on the cheap for the spring break time frame. I think with their current debt, they don't want to pay for a brand new marketing scheme.