Whats the tallest roller coaster youve ridden

Coaster Kid

Has anyone here been on both Kingda Ka and TTD? Having lived up in New England I was able to experience Kingda Ka a few times but I have never been on TTD. Can anyone compare and contrast the ride experiences? Of course I know the restraints are different and the theming and stuff but how about the launches and downward spins?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i've been on both and i personally think TTD is better. I thought it was more smooth than Kingda Ka, i also really couldn't feel the launch on Kingda Ka it felt like nothing was happening. But as for TTD i really enjoyed because it felt like you were being plastered to you seat during that launch. And that downward twisty thing was amazing!! I can't wait to ride again :lol:

^^Yeah, like he said, KK's launch speeds up 3 times, while TTD's is all in one shot!

Spiral's are the exact same...KK has the airtime hill, which I have gotten air on a couple times, but normally I don't.

KK Pro's:

*Station ridiculously better set up than TTD!!

*In my 6 GAdv visits, very little down time!

*Magnetic fins on top hat allow for a longer crest

*Flash Pass!!!!! I've never waited longer than 30 mins to ride the front row, even on busy days!

TTD Pro's:

*Ridiculously smoother!! I refuse to ride KK's two green trains due to the bad vibrations (but orange and blue are ok)

*Better view!! KK's is half parking lot!? <_<

*Rollbacks!! (never even seen a RB on KK in person)

*Restraints...obviously the lap bar is better!

So there 'ya go! But the two biggest differences in my opinion are TTD's launch is better and it's smoother.

Kingda Ka is about sheer power and speed and brute force...it surges up the launch...and heaven help you should you unwisely decide to ride in the back of a car.

Top Thrill Dragster is about elegance and smoothness and grace and is a lot more about fun than force.

I like them both...but also see both as one trick ponies...I much prefer coasters like The Georgia Cyclone, Maverick, Tremors at Silverwood, or even, when it opened, Rampage at Visionland (now Alabama Adventure). (I am so proud of me for not mentioning Nitro so close to the big thing opening in Mason....oops..)

Has anyone here been on both Kingda Ka and TTD? Having lived up in New England I was able to experience Kingda Ka a few times but I have never been on TTD. Can anyone compare and contrast the ride experiences? Of course I know the restraints are different and the theming and stuff but how about the launches and downward spins?

I've ridden both Kinga Ka and TTD and I prefer TTD because of the freedom of movement I have without the shoulder restraints of Ka. I thought the launch was more intense on TTD. However, I loved the big bunny hill at the end of Ka-great airtime.

• 3 weeks later...
For me it's whatever the 2nd tallest coaster at KI is. Unfortunately I haven't been to very many parks - Magic Kingdom, Kentucky Kingdom (pre-Six Flags) and Coney Island are the only other ones I've been to.

so the tallest roller coaster you have rode is Son of Beast?

• 2 weeks later...

Diamondback by about 100 feet over Vortex. Only been to 2 parks- KI and Indiana Beach(which does not even come close as far as big coasters are concerned). SOB was broken down on May 16th, so I could not ride it, which is why Vortex is #2. So I have ridden ONE hypercoaster...

Diamondback's 230 feet of sheer tallness surpasses the height of all coasters I'd ever ridden previously (or since). Whenever I break my life-long drought of Cedar Point visits, I'll give the magnificent Millie a whirl.

[slaps cheek] why am I talking like this today? :blink: