Six Flags Over Georgia PTR

crazypkikid2005

Great PTR that park looks beautiful and really makes me eager to see some green on our trees in Ohio. Man I can't wait for spring!

Wow Mind Bender looks fantastic. Some rides are intense and some like this are just fun and Mind Bender really looks scenic too. I had to check out a pov on youtube and found a pretty good one

I would be so disappointed if I went all the way to SFOG and didn't get to ride a B&M Flyer but I'm glad to hear you had a good trip

As we continued to stroll through the park we came upon Acrophobia but I decided to save it for later, which was unfortunate because it would later shut down for the remainder of the day.

SixFlagsOverGeorgia028.jpg

Where?! I tell you, where in the enthusiast handbook does it tell you to "save for later" key or unique rides!?! :P j/k...

All in all, I had a great day at the park and found that many of the terrible things I had heard about Six Flags to be totally untrue.

I hate to say it, but I've heard this a lot, but virtually every SF experience I've had at any park since significant park-going in the fall of 06 has been nothing, but phenomenal, joyeous, pleasurable, and unlike anything I've heard of the horror stories from others!!

I believe most horror stories of Six Flags arise from mid-season visits with crowds and heat. I've been to Magic Mountain twice...03 and 05. Both times I visited the park for two consecutive days, and both times the two days varied greatly in quality. One day Goliath would have all three trains running...the next it would have one, with a 3+ hour wait. The same type of things happened with Scream, Batman, X, Riddler, etc. Waiting in a three hour line for Deja Vu in the LA heat in mid-July will thoroughly upset anyone. But, nevertheless, the "good" days at the Six Flags parks I've been to have been phenomenal.

Until...you hit....the bottom.

Imagine straddling a bicycle seat, not unlike riding Chang, Mantis or King Cobra. You rise up, tilt forward, fall quickly, and then stop abruptly. The women mostly giggle in giddy delight. The men mostly go...oh...my.....uh....goodness!

Never had a problem with it. It's actually my favorite drop ride. The part where ya tilt forward is actually the best.

I believe most horror stories of Six Flags arise from mid-season visits with crowds and heat. I've been to Magic Mountain twice...03 and 05. Both times I visited the park for two consecutive days, and both times the two days varied greatly in quality. One day Goliath would have all three trains running...the next it would have one, with a 3+ hour wait. The same type of things happened with Scream, Batman, X, Riddler, etc. Waiting in a three hour line for Deja Vu in the LA heat in mid-July will thoroughly upset anyone. But, nevertheless, the "good" days at the Six Flags parks I've been to have been phenomenal.

Deja Vu at SFOG is rarely a problem with the wait. It rarely is running.

Deja Vu was the only ride we didn't ride on our trip in 06. We didn't get to it the first day and it was only running here and there on the second day. We decided that a combination of the fact it was having a lot of mechanical problems and the fact that a month prior, my husband had been in a car accident that totaled our car that we called 'Deja' (Deja VUE, get it?) we decided fate was telling us to avoid it.

Deja Vu was the only ride we didn't ride on our trip in 06. We didn't get to it the first day and it was only running here and there on the second day. We decided that a combination of the fact it was having a lot of mechanical problems and the fact that a month prior, my husband had been in a car accident that totaled our car that we called 'Deja' (Deja VUE, get it?) we decided fate was telling us to avoid it.

Haha that's funny :lol: I love the fact that the car was named "Deja" very creative.