how many trips to kings island will you take this year?

Mr. Coastermania

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my platinum pass again this year and I added a gold KI pass for my son... so hopefully there will be a lot more trips to KI this year. You guys can see my little coaster enthusiast in the making right next to me. Well I guess he's not that little since he's about 5 inches taller than me! ^_^

2 years ago, I took the family one time - it was the first time I had been to KI in about 16-18 years. Last year, we doubled that number. Now that my daughter is over 54" and my son is over 48", we bought gold passes for everyone. So, I'm hoping we at least double last year's total. We're lucky as it's only 40 minutes away .

I managed to make it 13 times last year, and I hope to make at least that many this year!

Same here, 13 visits last year.. I also went to CP 7 times. I went to KI opening day and CP closing day (I went to closing day after about 8 of my friends from up north insisted I go so we could ride together one last time before the season ended).

It's hard telling how many times I will go this year. I have a few other parks I want to visit too.

^ The wording came out a little bit weird but I think I know what your asking. I would rather live 15 mins from one park than 2-3 hrs from several. I live about 3 from CP ( I found a short cut last trip of last yr) and 4 fromm KI. A trip to either is a very full day! To hit morning ERT @ 9:00 I'm leaving at 5 or 6 and I usually don;t get home till 2 or 3 AM.

IMO I could care less how far away I live. If the park is worth it to me, I will make the trip (if it's feasible).

74Gibson, for some reason my friend likes to jump off 75 in Findlay and take 224 off to several obscure little state routes to go to CP.. what's your shortcut? I find it so easy to take 75 to exit 179 outside of Bowling Green, and pretty much follow Route 6 all the way to the CP causeway.

Last year I had almost 20 visits which is pretty good for me. I don't know how many trips I will take this year since the person I usually go with, my brother, is getting married. So it looks like a lot of solo trips this year.

I would live 15 minutes from one park than 2-3 hours from several parks.

74Gibson, for some reason my friend likes to jump off 75 in Findlay and take 224 off to several obscure little state routes to go to CP.. what's your shortcut? I find it so easy to take 75 to exit 179 outside of Bowling Green, and pretty much follow Route 6 all the way to the CP causeway.

I used to be kind of the same way as your friend. It's like I'd be going north on 75 for so long that when I'd see that Findlay exit I'd be like, "Yes! Let's finally head west!"

Little did I know that though it was nice to head in a different direction and get off the highway; I was making the trip last longer.

My first few trips up to the Point I used to take route 4 all the way from Dayton. Ugh, what a horribly long and boring trip.

I used to be kind of the same way as your friend. It's like I'd be going north on 75 for so long that when I'd see that Findlay exit I'd be like, "Yes! Let's finally head west!"

Little did I know that though it was nice to head in a different direction and get off the highway; I was making the trip last longer.

My first few trips up to the Point I used to take route 4 all the way from Dayton. Ugh, what a horribly long and boring trip.

I go 75 to 224 as well. Is there a shorter way?

I used to go the Findlay route because that's what was told to me as being the shortest route (in the pre-Mapquest days). Then when Mapquest came out, it said this was ths shortest route as well. Then I started using google maps when some friends and I were leaving from KI, and it had us going up 71 with just a few minutes difference in drive time. Even though my house is one exit south of KI, I got two different interstates depending on the short distance between start points.

Now I'm checking both mapquest and google maps from my house, it has me getting off at exit 179, and not Findlay. :wacko: There's only a few minutes difference anyway I go, so it doesn't really matter...