how many trips to kings island will you take this year?

Mr. Coastermania

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I mapped it in July, Google Maps told me to take 70 to 71 in Columbus. I drag & dropped it over to 75 and it was a difference of like 2 minutes and it took me 75 to 224.

Now, however, it's telling me to take exit 179 rather than 70 to 71 like it used to. It says 3 hrs 44 mins for 75-224, 3 hrs 36 mins for 70-71-250 and 3 hrs 26 mins via exit 179. I have no idea what direction my GPS would tell me to take but I know it always estimates the travel time horribly wrong.

I've never taken more than 3 hours to get there. Did I mention my car has 250 hp? :lol:

I figure the longer I'm on the 75, the longer I can drive 75-80 MPH. Once off the highway it's a lot of 55 MPH and more chances to be stuck behind slow drivers on the smaller roads. So going North to route 6 seems faster to me.

On the 7 trips to CP last year, I only recall seeing one county sheriff on Route 6 and he was going west. I blew past him at 80 mph and he kept on going his own way. That road is pretty much deserted.. I think it's safe to say you can put the pedal to the metal. ;)

But I highly suggest stopping in Findlay to use the restroom and get food if you need it, no matter if you need to or not.

The next station, save for lonely and somewhat shady truck stops, is about 30 miles west of Sandusky. I made the mistake of not stopping in Findlay to use the restroom.. miles and miles later on Route 6 I was dancing in my seat, highly considering just jumping out and using the ditch.

I figure the longer I'm on the 75, the longer I can drive 75-80 MPH. Once off the highway it's a lot of 55 MPH and more chances to be stuck behind slow drivers on the smaller roads. So going North to route 6 seems faster to me.

On the 7 trips to CP last year, I only recall seeing one county sheriff on Route 6 and he was going west. I blew past him at 80 mph and he kept on going his own way. That road is pretty much deserted.. I think it's safe to say you can put the pedal to the metal. ;)

But I highly suggest stopping in Findlay to use the restroom and get food if you need it, no matter if you need to or not.

The next station, save for lonely and somewhat shady truck stops, is about 30 miles west of Sandusky. I made the mistake of not stopping in Findlay to use the restroom.. miles and miles later on Route 6 I was dancing in my seat, highly considering just jumping out and using the ditch.

I hit 100 MPH on that road in my own car. I tried to do it in my new one but it would only go about 90mph

A State Troopper gave me my the only speeding ticket of my life on Route 6. That was in 2001. 72 in a 55. I take Route 6 from 75 as well to get to CP. But I find it a little faster to turn left on Route 53 by Freemont and take that to the Turnpike.

As for KI. 42 visits last year, mostly on weeknights. Our Saturday visits are almost always to BB. Weather permitting it will be about the same this year.

From Fort Wayne, I take 24 E right by where my frined lives. We take that into ohio, then N on 127 merge w/ 15 and continue N to 80/90. We also take 6 into Sandusky.

There was little to no traffic till we hit the tolls. Hopefully we head out early enough to regularly avoid it.

Easily 20 or more. This year I'm going to stop being afraid of going by myself and just go whenever I feel like it. I went 13 times last year, mostly during Haunt, and regretted not going more often earlier in the season.
Hey just go.I went by myself many times.Easier to ride what you want with out someone backing out or just mess up your day period.Friend and family are cool to go with and can be fun but go when you can with or without is up to you.

• 1 month later...

I know I'll be there at least 8 times this year (which will be a record for me). It'll probably be more like 10 because my brother out of nowhere sometimes says, "Do you wanna go to Kings Island?" I'm not gonna say no to that! :lol: 50, 60, 70+ times?! I used to only go 2 or 3 times a year when I was a teenager so these numbers REALLY surprise me! Does the fun ever wear off, or does it build up?