What ride have you wated the longeest in a line for and tell if u have a funny story about it

Coaster Kid

3 1/2 hours for Tomb Raider: The Ride on opening day 2002. No one I'd talked to was really sure of what exactly the ride was and we all thought it was an enclosed roller coaster like FOF.

Needless to say, I was highly disappointed and still have a vendetta against that ride.

Second longest was 2 hours for Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFOG in 2006 and 2 hours for TTD in 2005.

between 3 and 3 1/2 hours to ride Millennium Force in it's debut season. The first year you couldn't wait for the front seat it was luck of the draw. I was with my brother-in-law, we walked up to about the 4th car where the back seat line was empty, I wanted to take that one as it was the closest to the front that was vacant. My brother-in-law insisted on taking the front seat of the the 5th car, because he argued he would rather be one car back but in the front car. We argued about this and I finally gave in and we took the line for the the front seat of the the 5th car, (not really a line, as only 2 people at a time could come to each gate) then up came a handicap person who wanted the back seat of the 4th car (don't ask me why) the ride attendant told the person in line for that car (which just happened to be my other brother in law and sister) that the handicap person wanted that seat and if they waited till the next train they could have the front, which they did. So I could've had the front seat had we taken the seat I argued for. To put it nicely I was ready to kill my Brother in Law, and I have never let him forget about it.

TWO HOURS for Mantis??!!! I'd hate to see what the other lines were like.. I went to CP last year on a sunny Saturday when a coaster event was going on.

Maverick's line was wrapped around the queue and backed up to Chick Fil A, TTD's line was out by the grandstand, Millie's line was filling the switchbacks and almost to the lockers, Raptor's queue was completely full. Corkscrew and Blue Streak were at an hour, and there were long lines for food stands, bathrooms, and even ATM machines. It was a headache, but I still managed to get some rides in and have a great time.

I remember waiting in line for The Bat for about 2.5 hours during the mid-day on a very sunny, hot day. Usually I wear a hat to keep the blazing sun off of my shinny head but on this day my head was bare and I received a very bad sun burn that caused my head to blister. Oh, the curse of being a red head! :wacko:

I remember waiting in line for The Bat for about 2.5 hours during the mid-day on a very sunny, hot day. Usually I wear a hat to keep the blazing sun off of my shinny head but on this day my head was bare and I received a very bad sun burn that caused my head to blister. Oh, the curse of being a red head! :wacko:

that'd only be 30 minutes in Vortex time!

• 2 weeks later...

I waited 2.5 hr for Maverick in its season debut. Then i stopped @ Kings Island to try Firehawk for the 1st time. I waited an hr for it to break down, then they said you can wait it out or go enjoy the rest of the park. I was only there to ride Firehawk so i was the only one to wait it out. It took about another hr and half to fix it. The loop was about the only enjoyable part on Firehawk. But thats just my opinion, Maverick is just an all out a blast.

3 1/2 hours on Son of Beast opening day.....

Ditto! We did it in an unusual fashion though...

My brother and I won two tickets to the "Sneak Preview" day for SOB through a TV promotion that STAR 64 was doing. I believe that particular ride night was supposed to be on a Thursday evening. Anyway, that day was called off because, if memory serves me correctly, they claimed a lightning bolt hit near the structure and caused some damage to the rides electrical system. Rats! There was a Season Pass night scheduled a week later on a Friday night, but they weren't sure the ride was going to be operational by then.

I was following much of the SOB buzz through another site where Shaggy was posting. The day before the season pass night he mentioned that he believed SOB would be up and running and that he would be taking some laps on it that next morning (for a Media Day, I believe). Meanwhile, I told my brother about this on Thursday evening and he said he'd be willing to hit up the park early. We decided that it'd be easiest for me to come pick him up right after he got out of school (at 2:30) and proceed straight to the park to wait outside the parking lot entrance.

We get to the parking lot just shy of 3 and...there's not a single car waiting! WTF? I told him that a very credible person said that the ride would be open at some point today, and I couldn't understand why there weren't any cars out there already waiting. I thought this could only mean that the ride would not be open, and thus we decided to leave. We got back home and I decided to check the message boards to see if Shaggy had written anything. It turns out that he (1) had not only ridden the ride that day and said that it would probably be open for the season pass night but (2) said that the ride was really nice. I told my brother that we needed to head back to the park and wait it out.

We got back to the parking lot right around 3:30. Unfortunately, there were around 50 cars already waiting in line. Double rats! Naturally, this would cost us, as I'll explain later. I will say this. The atmosphere while we were waiting was nothing short of cool. Most everyone had hopped out of their cars, pumped up the volume on their radios and were talking to and laughing with one another. Everyone hopped back in their cars just shy of 4:30 for the opening of the parking lot gates, and by this time, we could see the line of cars stretching back all the way to just shy of the Western Row/Columbia intersection. It was going to be crazy!

We managed to be one of the first 10 people who got to the front entrance and admission gate, but, as it turned out, the scanner went down. Triple rats! We kept watching person after person go by through the gates, while we're stuck in neutral waiting for them to figure out what the problem was. About a minute later the system came back, we were let through, and were off to get in line. We ended up about 100 people back from the front.

After the ride cycled several times with and without riders, they let us in around between 6 and 6:30. Many of the people in front of us wanted to make sure they were on the first two trains, while those that saw that wasn't going to be possible (including us) ended up getting in line for the front row. There was nothing like being in the station at that time. The buzz and energy you could feel from each person in that station was beyond words, and when that first train passed through the loop everyone in the station started going crazy! It was worth waiting all that time just for that one moment. We ended up on the 11th train going out, and I don't know whether it was all of the anticipation of riding, the day we had up to that point or the ride itself but I still consider that first ride one of my fondest and most fun coaster riding experiences ever. The ride was smooth as glass and yet at the same time more powerful than any other coaster we'd been on up to that point, and everyone who got off the train was equally impressed.

Ironically, the rest of the park was near dead (it was just shy of 8 when we got off), so we had a great time wondering hitting the other coasters for the other two or so hours we were there. I did feel sorry for those who were in the back of that amazingly long line that had formed for SOB, people who I can't believe had a chance to ride that day either because of the length of the line itself or because of the rides on again/off again status the rest of that night.

SOB has had better days, and it's truly a shame each ride since hasn't been nearly as good (an unrealistic expectation anyway). Shaggy, thank you for posting your ride trip report that day. I've always wanted to thank you for that and all of the other great posts you provide. Diamondback truly is a culmination of 9 years of waiting, both for me and for many of you, and I hope that Opening Day will provide that same type of excitement again! Enjoy!

I don't know what line was the longest. But I do have a funny story. When I went to Disney me and a friend went on Mission Space. The sign said 45 minutes. We got in line. The line was longer than the gate but we still got on. 2 times through out the line it broke down adding 40 min. Then the guy who let people into the waiting line for the briefing rooms let 1 person thru into this line from the regular line and 10 people from fast pass. My friend and I got very mad. When we got up my friend told him he should let some people on the ride. He said, "Well these people have to get on before you." All I know is this guy deserves a :angry:

The longest line I waited in ended up being around 4 hours if I remember right for Top Thrill Dragster a few weeks after it opened. My buddy Rob and I had just gotten home from college for summer break and being life long Cedar Point fans decided we should go to Cedar Point for the single purpose of riding TTD regardless of the line. We got to the park one night about a half hour before it closed and parked in the back by Magnum so we could enter and go straight to TTD. Since we were both poor college kids we did something that I would not recommend to anyone else. I won't get into details but lets just say both of us entered the park and neither of us paid a cent. Anyway we go straight to TTD and the line is only an hour so were we're stoked. We're having a blast watching it fly by as we catch up talking about the year its been since we last saw each other. With some typical TTD downtime here and there it took about an hour and a half after getting in line before finally climbed the ramp to the station and were next to go in.

Then it happened. If you remember when dragster opened the trains had this really cool dragster themeing with tires that actually spun around in the wind. A train launched and, as with every train, everyone in line was watching it from start to finish. This particular train came down the hill and just as it started pulling out of the drop one of the giant theme tires (right side if you on the ride) popped right off and rolled right between the queue and the lagoon, like it was possessed bounced over the little building at the end of the break run, and continued into the lagoon under iron dragon. Everyone in line was stunned but no one more than the ride ops in the station who were oblivious until the train actually came into the loading area minus one giant wheel. You should have seen their faces, they didn't know what to do so they shut the ride down and made some calls. This was still early in the season and Intamin's crew were still on hand in case of an emergency. With in minutes Sandor Kernacs was on hand and climbing all over the ride. Eventually, I'm thinking an hour and a half or so, they took off the train without the wheel and started to test a bit.

After what seemed like an eternity and to a round of applause, we heard those words that eveyone who's been in line for a down ride yearns to hear, "Oncoming riders...." We figured hell we waited this long and the park is closed we might as well wait for the front seat. I think around 1:30AM Rob and I got our first ride on TTD. I was completely blown away at the intensity of the launch, I remember thinking, "@#!$ is this thing ever gonna stop accelerating I think thats enough!"

That is definently the best first ride I've ever had and the longest I've ever waited for a coaster. Thank the lord it was the right tire that came off and not the left one. I don't even like to think about what would have happened if the left tire would have came off and ripped through the half full queue at that speed. Needless to say the dragster theme on the trains was removed shortly after and has not been seen yet. We were lucky we actually got on and that they didn't shut the ride down for the night after that. Especially since a day or so later the launch cable snapped and Dragster was down for about a month...Hell we were lucky we didn't get arrested sneaking into the park in the first place ha!