2009 Shows

Skywriter

Down Home Country

New in 2009! – All-new popular song and dance revue celebrating the legends of country music as well as their top charting country classics. You’ll probably want to see this one more than once. At the Festhaus located in Octoberfest. The show lasts 25 minutes

Don't Stop the Music

New in 2009! – DJ pump up the music and let the party start! Get down with today’s hottest hits and chart smashing songs in this all-new revue! Featuring songs by Rhianna, Katy Parry and Kid Rock! At the International Bandstand located on International Street. The show lasts 20 minutes.

Endless Summer on Ice

Come join us as we celebrate Summer Fun and more! You want to miss this amazing ice-skating display that will excite and entertain the entire family. At the Kings Island Theater located on International Street. The show lasts 30 minutes.

Flashback: Totally 80's!

Get into the groove and travel back to the days when it was hip to be square! Our singers and dancers pay tribute to leg warmers, mullets, Rubik’s Cube and the songs that defined a decade in this all-new music revue! At the International Showplace Theatre. The show lasts 25 minutes.

The County Line

Head over to “The County Line” for our entertaining country music revue. This popular show features the songs of Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts and all of your favorite country starts! As American as apple pie, this country’s rockin’ down at “the County Line”. At the Festhaus located in Oktoberfest. The show lasts 25 minutes.

Marty's Party

New in 2009! – Your child is invited to Marty’s Party, a rousing, fun-filled show full of excitement. Just the place for kids to take their grown-ups! At Putz HQ in Nickelodeon Universe. The show lasts 25 minutes.

Nickelodeon Characters

Located at the Front Gate throughout the day and occasionally wandering through the park are your favorite Nickelodeon characters. Have your camera ready to snap a photo of your favorite pals from Nickelodeon TV shows and movies.

Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo is waiting to say hello to you throughout the day outside Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle located on International Street.

Fireworks

Throughout the season Kings Island will present its spectacular fireworks display on days the park closes at 10 p.m. This colorful pageant in the sky is something that will certainly cap off a memorable day at the park. You don’t want to miss it!

Source :http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attraction...ry.cfm?ac_id=17

Marty's Party

New in 2009! – Your child is invited to Marty's Party, a rousing, fun-filled show full of excitement. Just the place for kids to take their grown-ups! At Putz HQ in Nickelodeon Universe. The show lasts 25 minutes.

Putz HQ? This is a preview of what's probably to come to the kids area next season.... Z's, on everything. :wacko:

EDIT: Found something interesting, Putz is the name of some kids performer (think Wiggles) heres a video of what can be expected in Marty's Party, or at least the song/ music video it is based on: http://www.martyputz.com/kidzone/index.html

CRITICIAL UPDATE: Marty's Party is the name of a show Marty Putz wrote, created, and star in for CARTOON NETWORK! Could this be a hint to a Cartoon Network themed kids area in 2012, I think so, but you be the judge!

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

That Sucks,No More "Hot Island Rythems". I Love That Show.Glad That There Are More Country Shows,My Favorite Music Is Country. Thank God They Kept Flashback Toataly 80s. Well Change For The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think "Don't Stop the Music" will be a pretty good change from "Hot Island Rythms". Hopefully they'll pick some good songs. I think it will be pretty cool, actually. Can't wait to see it and everything else 2009 has to offer!

~Ash

The Dora Show is gone from the list!

What was it Terpy Said:

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Send in the characters,

There ought to be characters

And now it's 2010!

But i love the Dora Show... :( "I love my boots, my boots and me. They help me swing from tree to tree. I got some happy rhythm in my feet, i love my boots yah my boots and me.."

DONT ASK HOW I CAN REMEMBER THAT.... i went too many times to that show.. I can sing along to it.

Hmm... I wonder if Putz HQ will be the new name for the Nickelodeon Theater, or if they will put any use to the old Enchanted Theater, doubtful but it would be cool to watch a show in there again (I used to love watching Scooby Doo in there when I was little!)

Hmm... I wonder if Putz HQ will be the new name for the Nickelodeon Theater, or if they will put any use to the old Enchanted Theater, doubtful but it would be cool to watch a show in there again (I used to love watching Scooby Doo in there when I was little!)

Why would they change the name of the theatre? Nick is here to stay, until it's gone, then they'll change the name of the theatre. For now it's Nick, so it's not worth worrying about yet.

I don't know for sure if the condition of their stock would effect how much Viacom would ask for a renewal, but I find it interesting that since the sale of the parks Viacom's stock (Like Everyone Elses, keep in mind), has free-falled. They are now selling for $15.15.

Untitled-4.jpg

Well since the posts from yesterday are missing. Like I said then I wish they would put a German style polka band with dancers in the Festhaus. They could easily do something like Busch Gardesn in Williamsburg does. The dancers really interact with the auidence, pulling the crowd in to the show and the band is top notch, plus you cant argue with a stage on an elevator for the band to ride.

The video below is long but it shows what the show at BGW has and would really help bring the authenticity back to the Oktoberfest section of the park.

That Sucks,No More "Hot Island Rythems". I Love That Show.Glad That There Are More Country Shows,My Favorite Music Is Country. Thank God They Kept Flashback Toataly 80s. Well Change For The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot island rhythms....good riddance. i wouldnt mind seeing it again if they hired more than 1 or 2 people out of the whole cast that can actually sing and did some decent choreagraphy (maybe thats just the side of me talking that is rather annoyed by hearing it over and over all day nearly every day for 2 summers....but *shrug*