2009 Park Map - any thoughts?

SeasonPass4Life

Maybe I missed this if there's already a thread about it, but was looking at the new park map today. I found it interesting that they have already decided that the wait time for DB will be long in the mornings. Of course everyone wants to ride whatever is the newest, biggest attraction so it's probably good advice. (I'm refering to the dialogue in the upper right hand corner of the map.)

Yeah, there was a big thread on this that got deleted....and while many got a kick out of the "Line Tip", it is actually probably good advice. Although, I personally don't think the morning wait will be significantly longer than at any other time, but it is true that morning lines for things like Firehawk, Delirium, and Invertigo should be opportunistically short!!

And before someone brings it up, in the deleted thread I had pointed out that on the new map Outer Hanks is listed as Bubba Gump's again. Ryan responded to my post that it was originally going to change back to Bubba Gump's this year, but plans changed and it will remain Outer Hanks. The park missed the deadline with the printer to have this corrected.

Since the other topic is missing now, I will mention like previously stated that what use to be Nickelodeon Theater is now Putz HQ home to Marty's Party.

A sign of things to come?

Ryan said that Nick will not fade out, it will be up and gone.

Although he also said that "There may or may not be a day that Nick is gone", so if that effects your judgement in any way......

So looking at the map, what path do you think will be the quickest from the front gate to DB?

Looks like you could take the first path by Scooby and through Nick U. or take the path by the Tower and International Showplace.

Early in the morning, I wonder where they'll have people line up to ride it before the ropes fall.

Since the other topic is missing now, I will mention like previously stated that what use to be Nickelodeon Theater is now Putz HQ home to Marty's Party.

Although he also said that "There may or may not be a day that Nick is gone", so if that effects your judgement in any way......

Or as Terpy would say "It'll be there until it's not!"

And I would say changing the name from Nickelodeon Theater to Putz HQ is fadding out. Some more FYI on Marty Putz he use to perform during KBF Halloween Haunt...

So looking at the map, what path do you think will be the quickest from the front gate to DB?

Looks like you could take the first path by Scooby and through Nick U. or take the path by the Tower and International Showplace.

Early in the morning, I wonder where they'll have people line up to ride it before the ropes fall.

My guess would be up I-Street till you get to the theater and then go through Nick U.

That's the way I went to The Beast at the opening last year since the other walkway was closed.

My guess would be up I-Street till you get to the theater and then go through Nick U.

That's the way I went to The Beast at the opening last year since the other walkway was closed.

That is how we walked there during the tour, so I'd have to agree with you.

The fastest way for everyone else except me would be through Action Zone, back to the Flight Deck Station, then turn around, go past AE, through Coney Mall, and around to Dback. For me, the fastest route is the above mentioned. :P

Well I mean if the entrance is over by the entrance from Nick U to Rivertown then the only sensible way to go would be through Nick U off international street unless you want to walk al the way through Rivertown. I love the new park map though, it reminds me of the old days of Paramount.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

Well I mean if the entrance is over by the entrance from Nick U to Rivertown then the only sensible way to go would be through Nick U off international street unless you want to walk al the way through Rivertown. I love the new park map though, it reminds me of the old days of Paramount.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

Vortex is still running into itself.

Flight of Fear is still small enough to step on.

Beast looks nothing like the real thing.

AE still has a 95* drop.

Firehawk looks very bland sitting there in the grass with no trains on the track.

Invertigo doesn't have a station.

Flight Deck goes into the station sideways.

Diamondback looks good though, but Vortex is just....bahaha, looks retarted.

^^My main beef with D-back on the map is the 2nd drop isn't close to "scale" and dwarfed by the 1st drop (not so true in real life), and the supports for the first drop are way out of place too!! I mean, over the midway?? Ummm...NO!! Haha... :lol:

Yeah, the map picture is giving me second thoughts about riding DB. It just looks too cartoony. Like a kids ride. I hate kids rides. I'm not riding it. I won't even look at it while I'm in the park because of its cartoonish-ness..um...isms. Cartoonishnessisms.

Didnt someone say that spungebob 3d will not be showing this year aswell as no new show. or did i miss something

Last I saw on here, it IS coming back. I'm glad too. Look at that building on the map. Very grown-up looking. Lots of adult oriented right angles. Yellow is the color of champions. Not like that cartoony looking DB representation. I'll definitely be hanging with Bob more than that new kiddie coaster.

Yeah, the map picture is giving me second thoughts about riding DB. It just looks too cartoony. Like a kids ride. I hate kids rides. I'm not riding it. I won't even look at it while I'm in the park because of its cartoonish-ness..um...isms. Cartoonishnessisms.

This coming from someone named LongLiveTheSmurfRide. My head hurts... ;)

^^What's the deal with Cinci people and the Smurfs??

I heard them referenced far too many times when I lived in Warren County!!

I'm not sure what's up with them. I'm not even from Cinci. But I love me some Smurfs. The Smurf ride had a hill at the end, but you couldn't see it on the map because it was indoors. I believe it would rival the Perilous Plunge if it was still around.

Something I pointed out on the now-deleted thread, if you zoom into the Rivertown Junction, it looks like there are 'flats' added to each side of the building... I'm invisioning western store-fronts maybe? I remember the rumor from the Geauga Lake Auction that some of the store fronts were being taken to Kings Island for Rivertown.

Not that transporting full-sized store fronts makes sense, but, as someone who builds and transports full-sized sets for theater and tv, it could easily be done.