Best Time To Visit Cedar Point?

Oh, I've ridden Georgia Cyclone in sleet, The Beast in snow and Blue Streak at Conneaut in a total downpour.

To the first - ouch.

To the second - neat.

To the last - sweet! I LOVED the day that I got to ride The Beast twice in a row in a total downpour. The water running off of the helix tunnel smacked me in the face - I just laughed - it's not like it hurt.

• 3 weeks later...
55 degrees in November (and in Sandusky) does not feel like springtime. With the wind off Lake Erie, it felt like it was about 20 degrees.

Actually, springtime on Lake Erie is MUCH cooler than most people can believe. And 55 is like spring.

As of today, Lake Erie is about 32, which is obviously freezing. Back in November, Lake Erie was about 50-55, practically is same as the air temperature.

Springtime on the shores of Lake Erie are quite miserable due to Lake Erie's temperature, whereas in October and November can be quite pleasent due to the same reason (this is the exact reason why the shores of Lake Erie are littered with grape crops, but that is another discussion.)

Now when you travel 15 miles inland from the Lake Erie shorline, the weather is completely different- much cooler in the fall, and much warmer in the spring.

Also, the lake depths around Sandusky is the shallowest part of Lake Erie which also affects the air temp drastically. Whereas Cleveland can be quite cold, Sandusky can be 10-15 degrees warmer.

Most people believe that in late October the lake makes things much colder, but in reality, the lake makes it warmer. There was probably a strong cold front coming out of Canada on that particular day.

• 4 weeks later...
^Hate to say it but, that time in July is not a crowded day at CP thats a normal one. If you do not get to Maverick early in ERT it will have a full queue because that is where everyone goes first. On your average weekday in the summer the only 4 rides that should approach and go over an hour and a half wait are Raptor, TTD, MF and Maverick with the last two typically sporting the longest line. Everything else should be under an hour.

If Im ever at the park when MF or Maverick are under an hour wait most of the day, I get excited because Im at the park when it is dead.

Raptor usually isn't an hour and a half. It's actually only 15-30 minutes most days. It will be an hour and a half in the morning to noon due to everyone going there first that's what you mean but afternoon it will clear out.

Also, as other people have stated do NOT go on saturday to halloweekends. You will be miserable if you can't stand to wait in lines. I went once last year and got on maybe 5 things in the 10 hours I was there. Even Mantis was a 2 hour wait. Go on Fridays during halloweekends and you will have a great time. Only a couple of the roller coasters aren't running(i think mantis and gemini) but you will get on a lot more in 6 hours than you can get on in 12 hours on saturday. As for during the summer, the weekdays pretty much will be hit or miss. Sometimes I would go one day and it would be packed and the next day it would be empty. So good luck!