First looping coaster?

TheCryptRaider

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wabash Cannonball....at Opryland, and I was petrified. My Dad forced me on it, then wouldn't ride himself! I was in my early 20's!

Sort of the same idea with me!

I was about 7 (I wanna say 2004), and my brother and I were determined to get on.

We were like grasping each other, and he was the one dragging me on, but I was so scared.

I sat down in the car, and pulled down my lap bar, and my brother said "Hold on, let me take my sandals off," And he left!

I ended up riding it, and loved it!

Then, four years after that, in 2007, when I had just turned 11, I took my younger brother on it for his first loop.

Let me put it lightly, we rode it a few times after that.

Mine was Flight of Fear (Outer Limits: Flight of Fear at the time) back in the summer of 1996. That day was also the first day I rode King Cobra. I would have ridden Vortex, but it was down due to mechanical difficulties (I remember there being a tall crane next to the apex of the lift hill).

That was also the day that we went to the Skyline Chili at Fields Ertel Road about twenty minutes before they closed (after a long day at Kings Island), and they ran out of chili! Yep. We couldn`t eat at a Skyline because they were out of Chili.

Thats funny Terpy my first looping coaster was the Wabash Cannonball as well. I remember I had to watch my Dad ride it 2 summers before I was finally tall enough to ride. I was so excited and scared at the same time to finally ride. Just one more reasson I hated seeing that park go away, too many good memories.

Screamin' Demon!!! God I'm old.... LOL!

Bet you weren't in your early 20's! :)

The first inverting coaster I truly enjoyed more than any non-inverting steel coaster was Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Great America. I can still remember my first ride on that as if it were yesterday. I was truly blown away...and it was from this company I had never heard of before...I think they were called B and M.

Screamin' Demon!!! God I'm old.... LOL!

Bet you weren't in your early 20's! :)

The first inverting coaster I truly enjoyed more than any non-inverting steel coaster was Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Great America. I can still remember my first ride on that as if it were yesterday. I was truly blown away...and it was from this company I had never heard of before...I think they were called B and M.

I was barely tall enough to ride. I was 8 years old and scared to death that I would fall out. But for some reason I still waited 2 hours to ride it. But then when King Cobra and Vortex arrived I wasn't afraid of going upside down and loved them both.

No Terpy I believe I was around 8 years old, Im thinking 90 or 91 was the year.

Screamin Demon not to be confussed with Screamin Delta Demon. In latter years Screamin Demon would become lovingly known as "Rust:The Ride" errrr Thunderbolt Express, which is when I experienced it.

Steel Inverters, I remember my first ride on Raptor opening seasson after a 4 hour wait and just thinking, Wow!!! Most unique coaster experience I had ever had, was unlike anything I had ever been on.

My First was the original Cork Screw at Knott's Berry Farm in 1976. I had been going to Cp for years and I had never seen anything like it. I was excited to just be there and have that chance to ride, and I have been hooked on coasters ever since. Then to come home and find out a couple of years later the thrill of Cp's 3 loop Cork Screw, I have been in coaster heaven all my life in Ohio.

Screamin Demon in its first year - 1977. And no, I was not in my 20's. I was not in my single digits either. My 7-year-old daughter conquered her fears last year (while she was 6) and rode The Vortex. I think it is now her favorite. She said she is ready for Firehawk this year. She is not so sure about Diamondback - it's a height thing.