First looping coaster?

TheCryptRaider

Mine was Vortex opening year, I was 7. My dad put me in the front seat and I remember being a little nervous, but as soon as we went down the first hill, I loved every minute of it. I was still short enough not to have the head banging against the OTSR problem.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex, when I was 8. Trooper mom (Though she wasn't called that at the time) went on with me, and ended up pulling me (Literally) off the ride.

Ohhhhh....this is Jackson's Spring Break! That explains it!!

-Tb, 36 days away from 40. :wacko:

I do apologize...for some reason I thought TB was a 20-something from Australia living in Cincy for whatever reason...WOW I do appear wrong!!

I do sort of have a problem with picking up a few details, and then extrapolating to paint an entire picture (like a good Mentalist should do, btw). But...occasionally I'm wrong!

So apologies again!!

The Screamin Demon was mine. Technically it was the first "big" coaster I ever rode. I had been on the Scooby-Doo (Beastie) several times but nothing bigger than that until I was 16 years old. Peer pressure and the desire to impress (and ride with) a girl made me ride it.

Later I rode a double looping coaster at Opryland in Nashville before it went away.

Vortex in 2002 for me. When I rode it back then, it felt nothing like it is today, even though it is. It felt like the layout was completely different which it is the same, and I didn't even notice the little roughness it has. I also felt like I was On it for over 10 minutes, obviously it's the exact same as today but I just remember it like that since I was really young and didn't really pay attention.

My first was Orient Express, in 1998 when I was 24. I was persuaded (shamed) into getting on by a couple of buddies I went to the park with, and it was absolutely great. It also got me mentally prepared (sort of) for my next ride, which was Mamba. They used the B.S. line of "Dont worry man, Mamba's lift hill is only 70 feet higher, you will hardly notice" to get me on that one.

My first was Magic Mountain at Gardaland Italy when it opened. I paid to ride it in the AM only to find out it was free to ride after 6pm.

I was too afraid to ride the Screamin Demon. In fact when The Beast first opened, I was worried in line the whole time that it went upside down. Of course my friends were all adding to that fear.