First looping coaster?

TheCryptRaider

I remember later that summer I went to Americana with my church group, and I wasn't tall enough to ride Screechin' Eagle. I sadly never got another chance to ride that roller coaster.

I would tell you what you missed...but that would only depress you. :( It is sorely missed here, and it was my first wooden roller coaster.

As for my first looping coaster - Corkscrew at Cedar Point.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, I grew up in Duh Moines and I totally forgot about Dragon. Now that you bring that up, Adventureland was where I rode my first coaster ever. it was a little coaster with a Swiss Mountain theme and individual cars that looked like 1950s era Indy cars. my second and third coasters ridden were there also... Super Screamer and Tornado. Thanks for the memories indianapolisman :-)

Mine was Flight of Fear (Outer Limits: Flight of Fear at the time) back in the summer of 1996. That day was also the first day I rode King Cobra. I would have ridden Vortex, but it was down due to mechanical difficulties (I remember there being a tall crane next to the apex of the lift hill).

That was also the day that we went to the Skyline Chili at Fields Ertel Road about twenty minutes before they closed (after a long day at Kings Island), and they ran out of chili! Yep. We couldn`t eat at a Skyline because they were out of Chili.

:lol: That is hilarious! Wow, Skyline out of chili. :( What is the world coming to :P

Anyhow, my first looping coaster was Vortex or Flight of Fear. (I think). I used to love Vortex, but any more it is just too rough, so I don't ride it too often.

My first looping coaster was Vortex either in 95 or 96. It was the first 'big' coaster I ever rode at KI, too! Before that I had only been on The Screechin Eagle and The Serpent at Americana, and The Beastie when I was really young! I really wish I could take one more ride on The Screechin' Eagle...*sigh*.

~Ash

I really wish I could take one more ride on The Screechin' Eagle...*sigh*.

You are certainly not the only one, and I'd prefer more than one ride. Seeing it last Friday to take pictures didn't help in the slightest. I've been thinking of it...my wallpaper on the computer is an arial photo of the park, and I still watch my POV frequently. I'll always hold it in high regard, and it still resides on my top ten wooden coasters list at #5.

Did you post any of the pics you took of it? I read your trip report, but didn't see them in there! Yeah, I loved that ride so much. Thinking of it just brings back so many great memories of when I was little. And even though it's been so long since I've ridden it, I can still remember flying out of my seat and screaming at the top of my lungs...it was so much fun. Do you have your POV from that posted anywhere, or would you be willing to share it with me?

~Ash