First looping coaster?

TheCryptRaider

Did you post any of the pics you took of it? I read your trip report, but didn't see them in there! Yeah, I loved that ride so much. Thinking of it just brings back so many great memories of when I was little. And even though it's been so long since I've ridden it, I can still remember flying out of my seat and screaming at the top of my lungs...it was so much fun. Do you have your POV from that posted anywhere, or would you be willing to share it with me?

~Ash

I guess I should clarify...it isn't my POV, but rather one that I found on the internet. Unfortunately, I can't remember where it came from to tell you, but upon doing a google search, there seems to be a bunch more video material to look through about the Screechin' Eagle, so you might start there.

I did post pictures on Negative-G, which you can view here. http://www.negative-g.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2947

I think you can view those even if you're not a member. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do about posting them here. I still haven't figured out Image Shack very well, nor am I a fan as of yet.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting those pictures for me, dare-to-fly! It is very sad to see the park in that condition....it's like it's just sitting there waiting for someone to come in and enjoy all of the rides and have fun! I really miss going to that place.

~Ash

• 2 weeks later...
Get thee to Wonderland and ride SkyRider. You'll love it. And it won't be around forever.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig62.htm?picture=1

SkyRider - an exact copy of King Cobra and installed a year after. You can bet if I ever go to Wonderland I'll ride this in a heartbeat.

It's not an exact copy, but it is very, very close:

From rcdb: Skyrider/King Cobra:

Length: 2210' 2219'

Height: 88' 95'

Drop: 84' not stated

Inversions: 1 1

Speed: 51 mph 50 mph

Duration: 1:32 2:00

Elements: Loop Loop

To Terpy-- No. I had only went to KI once growing up. I should have said I had been to a couple other parks growing up.

When I was at KI, I was maybe 5? I have vague memories. We had talked once and figured out I rode FOC when it was still The Beastie with the tunnel.

Suffice to say, Firehawk was pretty scary to be my first "grown up" coaster! :lol:

I dont have any idea how many times I rode the cobra but I agree 1000% it was a great ride, it had unique downforce off the first drop into the loop. The cage style restraints made you feel u easy before the start with its ribcage style enclosure restraint system. Like an iron maiden (666 the number of The Beast. Lol) and the ride was rather quick. Loved it miss it...