First looping coaster?

TheCryptRaider

The revolution at magic mountain.I think that was the coaster they used in that movie along time ago called roller coaster.

Other coasters i rode with loops after that was at knotts called the corkscrew,montzuma's revenge,magic mountain's viper,king's island's Vortex,fof,Invertigo and some coaster down in ocean city i think called super looper.

This year i need to catch up and add more loops to my ride time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have any idea how many times I rode the cobra but I agree 1000% it was a great ride, it had unique downforce off the first drop into the loop. The cage style restraints made you feel u easy before the start with its ribcage style enclosure restraint system. Like an iron maiden (666 the number of The Beast. Lol) and the ride was rather quick. Loved it miss it...

Does anyone remember when the used to spray water up on the King Cobra, i remember it the first few times i saw it run but then i remember the last time i did get to ride it there was no spray to be found. :(

I dont have any idea how many times I rode the cobra but I agree 1000% it was a great ride, it had unique downforce off the first drop into the loop. The cage style restraints made you feel u easy before the start with its ribcage style enclosure restraint system. Like an iron maiden (666 the number of The Beast. Lol) and the ride was rather quick. Loved it miss it...

Up The Irons!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember waiting for 2 hours to ride Corkscrew at CP in 76. Yesterday we walked on the first train and it left the station half empty.

Here is one that was in Columbus that my Grandfather rode at the turn of the last century. Now that looks really scary.

olentangy5.gif

Those circular loops were the cause of many a broken neck, or worse. They didn't realize slightly ovalized loops were far smoother....Oddly, that one looks less circular than most back then did!

Maybe Terpy is older than we all realize! :o

Six Flags in TX... I think the coaster was named "White Lightning". It was similar to the Screamin Demon with a drop weight for propulsion. Strangely enough, my son's first was a similar ride at Ky Kingdom... the green one. Thrills all.

The Vortex

Omg this one has a very interisting story behind it... So when we go to get in the train/seats they told my freind he had to sit with my others freind mom and they told her that she had to hold him in since he was so skiny, so shes hugging him the whole time on the ride, but on the chain lift i hear someone crying and i look over to my freind (in the same seat as me) and im like "Chelsea... Are you crying?" Then shes like "No..." Well when we got past the loops we go up that one little hill then they put on the brakes at that one part and she starts screaming and crying and I say to her "Chelsea! Why are you crying!" by now im freaking out because shes freacking out then we go through the rest of the ride and when we get off shes still crying so i say "Chelsea why are you cry..." Breaks me off during crying:"IT WAS A HAPPY CRY!!!" and everyone just sares at us. Man it was classic you had to be there! Oh by the way i was like in the 4th grade when this happen so i was like maybe 10