TheCryptRaider

For the 40th year I was kind of hoping to get a cool, modern wooden coaster to bring back the original feel of the park but yet, at the same time it would just be a cool ride and more modern. The more I think about it though, I kinda want another B&M. Do I see a Dive Machine in the future??? I hope so.

I think an expantion of X-base would do quite well!

Maybe a neat little re vamp of FoF, or perhaps a new ride all together. Maybe a little more back theme to it as well. More millatary like and less OHHHH Dip n' DOTS!!!! SCORE!

Jon, who does find the dipping of dots to be quite delightful~ (Lovely allteration no?)

Jon, who does find the dipping of dots to be quite delightful~ (Lovely allteration no?)

Yes but it just doen't compare to that awesome taste & texture of soft serve...

Mason, who would take soft serve over anything any day.

I really wish Cedar Fair would bring some of that wonderful frozen custard (think Culver's, though it isn't) that they serve at Cedar Point south to Kings Island. Now that would be a choice not easily found outside the park, and worth a premium price...at least til Culver's gets closer to the park.

I really wish Cedar Fair would bring some of that wonderful frozen custard (think Culver's, though it isn't) that serve at Cedar Point south to Kings Island. Now that would be a choice not easily found outside the park, and worth a premium price...at least til Culver's gets closer to the park.

Ok changed my mind. I forgot how good frozen custard is. yummm.

Mason, who has had frozen custard once and craves it ever since.

• 2 weeks later...
Why would they give it to KD. They all ready have a nice inverted coaster.

Well CP has an Intamin and B&M Invert. Valley Fair needs it more though, even though they also have an Intamin Invert, they don't have a good looper.

There's a bit of a difference since WT is an impulse shuttle coaster & Raptor is a full circuit model.I'd like to see volcano replaced by a B&M invert myself but it's simply not gonna happen unfortunately.

I LOVE CULVERS!!!! too bad they dont have one in Kentucky.

So when i visit my friend who lives in Sharonville we go there, I actually went there after Kings Island one day. Only located 5-10 minutes from Kings Island.

...There's a bit of a difference since WT is an impulse shuttle coaster & Raptor is a full circuit model.I'd like to see volcano replaced by a B&M invert myself but it's simply not gonna happen unfortunately.

Be careful what you wish for. If that's really what you want, I hope you get Talon and Dorney then got Volcano: The Blast Coaster. I'd probably never go to Kings Dominion again, at least not until they got another coaster.

Silly, say you? Not gonna happen, say you? Tell that to Jeff Gramke at Kings Island. What was it he said last year? (mutter) ride rotation (mutter).

At least here in the Indpls. area, the whole frozen custard fad has kind of run its course. We had a local chain here--Ritters--which was better than Culver's, but they have closed all but a small handful of locations in the past couple of years (I think they were in Cincy too--westchester area). As for coming to the park, I would think that Graeter's has some sort of non compete in their contract with the park that would prohibit a Culver's from coming in (of course KI still has the soft serve in various locations, so I'm guessing the non compete has to do with full ice cream stores). Now, who knows what will happen in 3 years..Culver's could take over Graeter's spot.

The last time I went to a Ritters I asked for a hot fudge sunday and was given a cup of vanila custard instead. When I told the clerk that a sunday has whipped cream and hot fudge and sometimes peanuts/other condiments on top of the ice cream he looked at me like I had 3 heads!

Frozen Custard was and is far more than a fad...maybe in Indy, but not near Cleveland, where Euclid Beach figures into the story. So does Coney Island in Brooklyn:

http://www.eastcoastcustard.com/history

It would be a delight indeed to find an East Coast Original Frozen Custard store in Southwestern Ohio, at our beloved park.

To my knowledge, those other stores are franchised, so if they are profitable, they remain open. I like frozen custard myself, so I was sorry to see Ritters go. Culvers isnt quite as good IMO.

• 2 months later...

Between Auntie Anne's mall pricing and the rent they'd have to pay to Cedar Fair, the pretzels would only need to cost...oh, about six or seven dollars each. With standard Kings Island drink pricing, too; of course. I wonder how many would bite at that price? I doubt it would be enough.

Then again, according to this headline, they have 1000 locations in Fresno!

http://www.bluemaumau.org/7401/auntie_anne...location_fresno

I really wish Cedar Fair would bring some of that wonderful frozen custard (think Culver's, though it isn't) that they serve at Cedar Point south to Kings Island. Now that would be a choice not easily found outside the park, and worth a premium price...at least til Culver's gets closer to the park.

I know that there isn't one inside the park, but there's one extremely close (5-10 minutes away) on Tylersville Road.

Oops, someone already wrote that.

A B&M dive coaster like Griffon/SheiKra

Exactly. Then we could make it taller than Griffon and say: The tallest, fastest, and meanest floorless dive machine ever to strike the world.

Actually, to say that, you'd have to make it taller than this dive machine which will be opening in China in about one month :).

An X-Base expansion

Yeah, an X-Base expansion would be nice. Maybe a smaller coaster, like a regular steel looping coaster that has a future theme to it. Maybe like a 150 foot tall, 7 inversion floorless coaster...I really don't know! I'm just hoping for something, since it's the 40th anniversary.

There are two Culvers in Louisville. Also another one in Indiana, on the way to holiday world. I love some Culvers, its my favorite fast food burger and fries.

An X-Base expansion

Yeah, an X-Base expansion would be nice. Maybe a smaller coaster, like a regular steel looping coaster that has a future theme to it. Maybe like a 150 foot tall, 7 inversion floorless coaster...I really don't know! I'm just hoping for something, since it's the 40th anniversary.

I would hope an expansion in X-Base would include some nice flats and restrooms. Then maybe get a neat coaster for the 40th anniversary.

There are two Culvers in Louisville. Also another one in Indiana, on the way to holiday world. I love some Culvers, its my favorite fast food burger and fries.

The Indiana one on the way to Holiday World is in Corydon.

Terpy, who knows that very well....(but who STILL prefers Putz's!)