TheCryptRaider

I LOVE CULVERS!!!! too bad they dont have one in Kentucky.

So when i visit my friend who lives in Sharonville we go there, I actually went there after Kings Island one day. Only located 5-10 minutes from Kings Island.

They are building one in Florence/ Union KY at the corner of 42 ans Pleasant Valley.

...There's a bit of a difference since WT is an impulse shuttle coaster & Raptor is a full circuit model.I'd like to see volcano replaced by a B&M invert myself but it's simply not gonna happen unfortunately.

Be careful what you wish for. If that's really what you want, I hope you get Talon and Dorney then got Volcano: The Blast Coaster. I'd probably never go to Kings Dominion again, at least not until they got another coaster.

Silly, say you? Not gonna happen, say you? Tell that to Jeff Gramke at Kings Island. What was it he said last year? (mutter) ride rotation (mutter).

You could re-locate Volcano, but wouldn't it be a little more difficult to remove the actual Volcano section of that ride? Just asking.

Given that the ride structure was built around the existing mountain, yes it would be a bit difficult, but it could be done. Whether or not it would be is a whole nother question.

Just a pet peeve of mine, but I hate the phrase "a whole nother" considering nother is not even a word. Anyhoo, back on topic, I'm sure KI has something in store already for 2012. What that may be, I have no idea. No doubt, it will be something spectacular.

And why was Diamondback a big let down? I find it far better than MF.

No way, MF is a much better coaster(In my opinion). I guess I over-hyped the ride and was expecting more. The ride is a fun don't get me wrong, just wish it would provide more thrill. Getting zero g's is fun, but after you keep doing it over and over it gets boring and repetitive . I've only been on a handful of B&M's and my favorite by far is Kraken. I know they don't compare at all but I would much rather have something like that then Diamondback. That's just my opinion...

I heard KI plans on moving Timber Wolf, and removing Congo Falls to build a new wild roller coaster in the spot for 2011. I was told CF plans on building a new coaster every 2 years until they increase attendance. Does any of this sound true?

Wow and every 2 years?? Seem expensive for coasters. Let's not forget flats, current state of Cedar Fair money: And removing congo falls? Are water rides in the dry parks done????? Why not move it to the water park, i believe noahas ark has one in theres'

And to move timberwolf would be expensive

Does Kings Island need timberwolf?

Does anyone have attendance on a yearly basis????

for Kings Island:

I heard KI plans on moving Timber Wolf, and removing Congo Falls to build a new wild roller coaster in the spot for 2011. I was told CF plans on building a new coaster every 2 years until they increase attendance. Does any of this sound true?

Sounds untrue. CF is not in that much better shape than SF. You just don't hear about it as much.

• Like 1

So when i visit my friend who lives in Sharonville we go there, I actually went there after Kings Island one day. Only located 5-10 minutes from Kings Island.

There are 3 Culvers in KY, just only in Lexington and Richmond. Nowhere near northern KY, sadly. I would stop at a Culvers on my way to KI if there was one. Then again I have one 3 miles from my house...

There are 3 Culvers in KY, just only in Lexington and Richmond. Nowhere near northern KY, sadly. I would stop at a Culvers on my way to KI if there was one. Then again I have one 3 miles from my house...

There's one just a few minutes from KI on Tylersville RD.

First off CF is a business. Debt is part of doing business as is finding ways to increase attendance and per cap spending.

Diamondback is going to break park records for ridership and while I have not figures, I am betting that it is helping attendance. Adding new attractions to keep people coming back is key. Again it is just part of business. Woody Hayes once said you are either getting better or your getting worse. There is no standing still. So with that being said, I could see KI getting a new sub major attraction in 2011-2012 time frame.

A B&M invert would be great.

If that were the only standard, given all the coasters and parks Premier Parks, later known as Six Flags Theme Parks, bought, they'd be in high clover instead of in bankruptcy. Too, Geauga Lake would be a set of thrilling worlds of adventure in Aurora, instead of vacant property for sale and a small waterpark.

It is far from that simple. And most recent coaster installations have not been shown to greatly improve attendance, much less in park per capita spending...See, for instance, Maverick at Cedar Point.

• 3 weeks later...
I was in school thinking about how Kings Island's 40th anniversary is in 2012.

Do you think we could get a cool new addition then?

I wanna hear what you think we should/will get. (If anything)

;)

i Defiantly think we should get a giga coaster like

Millennium force or Top thrill dragster

;)

TTD is not a giga...

hooky, just saying

;)

No thanks. A ride like Raptor please