TheCryptRaider

Thanks, Terp. Was kind of hoping they were landlocked. In theory, they could relocate some of their coasters to other parks *ahem* in the Cedar Fair family, to make room for newer attractions. For example, I wouldn't mind seeing Raptor show up at KI.

Though, it'll never happen. :)

I`ll be silent this time, anyway!

I doubt you see Cedar Point removing any coasters anytime soon and relocating them to other parks in the Cedar Fair family. (Great America is another story altogether though...) As Interpreter stated, they have lots of options. And they have quite a lot of room to pack in more rides. Check out parks like Indiana Beach, where they cram in rides above and around existing rides. Or, even check out a park like Coney, where many of the rides are right next to each other. In fact, several rides at Coney have their ride pads immediately adjacent to other ride pads. (Boats and Trains is right next to Round Up and Turtle Parade is right next to Rock O Planes).

Dorney? Who knows? At the same time, they renamed that coaster...from Coaster to Thunderhawk. Sigh.

They took out the entire building that housed the station...it was old and wooden...and now that part of the coaster is largely outside where it was once inside. Coaster stations inside actual buildings are relatively rare. And no, I don't count Raven or Legend, for some reason in my mind, those are themed structures, not actually wooden buildings....

Why would I be complaining about a lack of waiting in lines? The only time I did wish there had been a line is when I experienced the Harry Potter ride. The line is part of the adventure of that ride, and having practically two walk on rides didn`t allow me to fully experience the queue line...

Why would I be complaining about a lack of waiting in lines? The only time I did wish there had been a line is when I experienced the Harry Potter ride. The line is part of the adventure of that ride, and having practically two walk on rides didn`t allow me to fully experience the queue line...

Definitely. That's how I felt about FOF, but now I suppose there is no point now...

And why did they remove them? Sadly, I have never been to Kennywood!

Yes, Kennywood is a small park compared to Ceder Point or KI. The coasters ( PHANTOM'S REVENGE, THE EXTERMINATOR, JACK RABBIT, RACER and THUNDERBOLT ) make good use of limited space and the hills and valleys. The 5 coasters are laid out around the edges of the park. It's nice that it's only a 5 minute walk to get from one side of the park to the other.

With my first visit to KI being in June, from what I see is a whole lot of wooded areas and space at KI. Watched some Youtube videos of The Beast and can't wait to ride....

B&M Wing Rider!

I wish!

I have some good sources that CP will be getting a new coaster next year.. So will Cedar Fair build two new coasters in the same state the same year? We will see how the WindSeekers do with being only 300 miles from each other.

I personally think they should just improve the SOB and get the new steel track for it.. and bring back the loop!

QUOTE (The Interpreter @ Mar 24 2009, 09:37 PM) Another new owner... UNQUOTE

Let's not and say we did...

I would settle for a long term CF reign of power. I'm sure Mr. Falfas will do his best to make the park the best it can be. The nickel man should be retired by then, correct?

Perhaps Mr. Falfas may indeed get that chance. But not if the powers that be get their way. But will they? That's a very good Q.

B&M Wing Rider!

I wish!

I have some good sources that CP will be getting a new coaster next year.. So will Cedar Fair build two new coasters in the same state the same year? We will see how the WindSeekers do with being only 300 miles from each other.

I personally think they should just improve the SOB and get the new steel track for it.. and bring back the loop!

They built 2 WS's in the same state this year. Why would that be much different? Seems KI might have spent a little more money with Coney Mall renovations and DA this year than CP!

• 2 months later...

I'm hoping KI will do something special for their 40th anniversary. Historic photos would be great since the park has changed so much over the years.

The only problem is that the 40th anniversary is the last Sunday in April (April 29th), so if the park opens on the last Saturday of April next year like they did this year, there's a possibility they won't be open to the public that day.

• 3 weeks later...

We haven't seen any construction or hints for a "big" ride so I think that is out of the question. Most of the CF water parks have 2 wave pools while KI only has 1 so maybe they will add a new area to the water park.