TheCryptRaider

Maybe them little question mark boxes are clues they are going to be giving away over the next few weeks like captain nemo says or Maybe we are getting 3 new things!!! :) but I still don't see them letting SOB sit there another year.

The square blocks look like ice cubes, or at least made of water.

Not sure if I missed it or not, but is there a date for an announcement at all, or is it just vague?

Pretty sure it is just vague, but WindSeeker was announced around the 24th of last year. So my guess is it is within the next 2-3 weeks. But, DA was announced in February if Im not mistaken.

I know this sounds craize, but i have seen that firehydrent b4...sorry not a good speller....and think about it...it is disapointing, but no SOB this year...i could be wrong he is surveying something new, but very faintly if you zoom in you can see terrian marks, my guess its somewhere behind the red racer, but again, your guess is good as mine!!! <_<

Fox 19 is reporting that they will announce a major new attraction on Fri. at 2pm

I gotta say a major new attraction for me would be to remove all the searingly hot black asphalt and replace it with brick pavers. Coney was a MAJOR improvement on those 90+ days!

CoasterFreak45, I love your statement about techies! On movie sets we often referred to actors as overpaid talking light stands with bad attitudes.

With all the announcements by the other parks from SIX to Dolly to Hershey to Busch, Ohio is not doing too hot in the extreme thrills front. I am not imagining any new roller coaster coming to KI, but maybe Kings Island will have something worth talking about after tomorrow.

No land clearing as of yet, makes me wonder as to what will happen next year.

Additions to Bomerang Bay (New Wave Pool, Cabanas, Name change), some camping facilities ala Lighthouse Point at CP or maybe a flat ride. Not sure as what to expect, but KI has done nothing to promote or tease this event. I cannot imagine it being a very big announcement. Only time will tell.

anyone else hoping the announcement is that they're finally getting rid of SoB and putting in something much better?? Y'all may hate me for saying this but I hope it's not something like Top Thrill Dragster b/c I won't go on something like that *fraidy Kat* :P though thinking about it, I kind of doubt it... it's likely going to be a ride that they're going to try and put in at all their parks. I wouldn't mind seeing The Crypt going either, though that's also not likely b/c any destruction and construction of something there could impact Diamondack's structure. It does make me wonder where it's gonna be!! Sux that I'm not able to go tomorrow. I was gonna, and go to The Beach today but that didn't work out lol may head up there Saturday then.

Additions to Bomerang Bay (New Wave Pool, Cabanas, Name change), some camping facilities ala Lighthouse Point at CP or maybe a flat ride. Not sure as what to expect, but KI has done nothing to promote or tease this event. I cannot imagine it being a very big announcement. Only time will tell.

that's what I'm wondering... but, they hadn't cleared any space or anything for WindSeeker when they made the annoucement last year for it, had they? I was there for the press conference, and as far as I can recall they hadn't changed any landscape for it at that point. They typically work quickly in the off season. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!! I wouldn't mind a new water ride as long as it's something cool. Does anyone know if the other parks having press conferences tomorrow as well?

No Land Clearing Needed if the Land has already been cleared and the Structure has already been built...

-Andy, Holding out hope for his Beloved Worlds tallest wooden roller coaster....

WindSeeker's land was basically already cleared. All they had to do was dig up the midway (which they did anyway throughout Coney Mall.)

If the announcement is for 2012, we can rule out Son of Beast. The amount of work to make that ride "reliable" and to have a "satisfactory experience" will easily take all a full year.