TheCryptRaider

^ and ^^

I do as well...as stated before, I have the 2010 Halloween Haunt and Howl-O-Fest Park Maps (collecting park maps is one of my "hobbies" when I visit amusement parks) and they have that exact same logo.

So...CONFUSING...Kings Island, WHY DO YOU TEASE US LIKE THIS!?!? :wacko:

So, basically what I am saying is it's not pointing out any hints to a new water park addition.

Here's what I would like to have:

I would love if we got a water coaster, but it has to be unique to others. They are boring when it's just hill after hill after hill. Rides like Wildebeest are great because there are twists and turns as well. We need a water coaster that will be better than any other, no matter the length (referring to Mammoth at Holiday World).

If it's not a water coaster, a B&M invert is of course, the #1 thing that everyone wants, even though it probably won't happen.

Lastly if we do not get those two, a screaming swing is obviously almost as popular an idea as a B&M invert. I've never been on one, but I think it would be a great addition to the Action Zone area, because that is in desperate need of a new attraction.

If we don't get any of those things (which would be surprising), I hope it is as major as they are saying it is. I swear, if it is just new brick paving, or whatever, I will literally blow my brains out. Well, not literally, but....you get the point.

You didn't have to read this, by the way, it's just me rambling on.

;)

well even if we get something not that great this year maybe they will also announce that they are also tearing down Son of Beast and building a 400 ft tall giga coaster in its place. : for 2013 :) I guess i can just wish ...

As hurtful as it is to say, at this point I'm sort of hoping for the closure of Great America. It has a nice wild mouse that would fit nicely at many of Cedar Fair's smaller parks, a B&M stand-up, a smaller Arrow looper, and a B&M invert. It's wooden coaster is supposed to be pretty awful, so no major loss there for many, and those nice steel coasters can be re-distributed to the other parks (yes, I would love their invert and top spin). I don't know... I'd hate if someone said that about Kings Island, but if Great America closed its rides could really benefit the rest of us. They might even get a nice buy-out from the 49er's! Haha.

If I had my way with it, I'd send Kings Island their B&M inverted coaster, top spin, and flying eagles. Kings Dominion could use their Tiki Twirl (formerly Survivor) in their Congo section... And actually, pretty much all of the Cedar Fair parks have a Wild Mouse except us... Not that we need it necessarily.

well even if we get something not that great this year maybe they will also announce that they are also tearing down Son of Beast and building a 400 ft tall giga coaster in its place. : for 2013 :) I guess i can just wish ...

400ft tall giga coaster? :)

400ft tall stratacoaster*.

By the way, does anybody think that a roller coaster will have a lift hill and be a stratocoaster?

Why would you want the top-spin if KI already has one?

KI doesn't have a TopSpin. TopSpins are far more vigorous and fun than the Giant model KI (and ONLY KI) has. Same is true of Frisbees...

Exactly. :)

It's no secret our Giant Top Spin isn't capable of much. Great America's Top Spin does nine flips. Wouldn't you like that to be located inside our building, with theatrical lights and water all around it?

^ Hey, congrats on 32,000 posts, Interpreter! :P

I believe Tomb Raider flipped once for a short time, then four times for the rest of its life. It was mostly about the themeing, with lighting, lasers, sparks (for a short time), water, fog, synchronized audio, and a storyline. It had an extra row on the front (which means it held 77 riders) and wasn't very intense. It was more like a giant moving theater that happened to do some flips and hold you upside down over lava.

The Crypt flipped nine times for a brief period (copying the ride cycle of its outdoor, smaller cousin at Kings Dominion), then resorted to its current two-flip cycle. It's slowly gaining back various lights, music, etc., but people are complaining (and probably rightly so) about it only flipping two times. It's true that, as is, it's not doing much good for anyone, but it'd be a shame to see the concept, building, lights, and remains of Tomb Raider demolished.

Yes, the first days of the Crypt were quite fun. Definitely more enjoyable than the current version of the ride.

I really miss the band organ at Kings Island! But at least they have a somewhat adequate audio system on it. The Carousel at Coney had no music for most of this year. They just installed an audio system on it this past weekend for the rest of the season. Better late than never, I suppose.

I wonder if Cedar Fair is going to be adding anything to Great America for 2012. Or, if the continuing 49er stadium debate has them taking a wait and see approach to future development for the park. There are quite a few rides that could go quite nicely at other Cedar Fair parks if they do decide to shutter the park. I have to wonder if that park is making them much money, since they have removed quite a few rides from the park in the last several years.

^^ Geauga Lake all over again.

Like Geauga Lake, I think Paramount and Cedar Fair were able to look at the park and realize it may have over-expanded. I think that they did what needed to be done in removing Stealth - the fact of the matter is, it had to have done more good at Carowinds than it would've at Great America just as Firehawk did more good than X-Flight (the original one) did.

Great America was being scaled back to fit its climate more appropriately. The problem is, I don't think that the public sees it as an over-expansion, and then a reining in. I think the public sees it as roller coasters disappearing. Now, absent Stealth, Greased Lightnin', and Invertigo, the park's numbers are dwindling. And I think that, like Geauga Lake, there will come a time when the best financial sense is to rip the Band-Aid off quickly instead of one hair at a time as it is now. Their B&M inverted coaster might do far more good at Kings Island than it's doing for them now. And when Cedar Fair is sure that that point has been reached, they'll do what makes sense financially.

If this stadium issue is taken care of, the park gets back on its feet, and starts doing well, I'm sure it'll be supported.

I just hope Cedar Fair has learned from their mistake - closing Geauga Lake may have been the best decision for them, but to do so without giving people a chance to say goodbye (especially in a park that was literally a century old and had impacted generations) was a shame.

I think the real root of the removal of Stealth was so that Great America could expand their water park. Water park attractions are a lot cheaper to install, and generally can be very profitable ventures. Just look at the explosion of indoor water parks that has taken shape over the last several years. You don`t see too many FECs (Family Entertainment Center) with indoor coasters and rides springing up. Krazy City was unfortunately short lived here in town.

As an aside, I`m kind of surprised there aren`t more go kart track facilities in the Cincinnati area. There is The Web up in West Chester featuring an indoor electric go kart track, and Eastgate Adventures on the east side that features mini-gold and an outdoor go kart track. It seems like there could be a market for more. Especially one that combined mini golf with go kart tracks, an indoor component, ie batting cages, bowling, volleyball etc.

Someone on the KI facebook claims to have spotted white coaster track down 75? Would be pretty rad to know where its going if it's true. I don't think KI will be getting a coaster for 2012 but maybe they are announcing one they are going to start building for 2013. Maybe this white track is to show at the announcement along with the 2012 announcements.

Well I will throw my 2 cents. Last weekend at boomerang bay there were three upper looking people touring the area around the kids pirate ship. A little bit later on they were right outside the BB main gatelooking toward the dry park and one of them said that Pole will remain. They were looking at electric poles. I'm not sure if this is relevant but there us a hydrant out there I think.

Anyways carry on.

I have heard they cant build anything near or over 400ft because off a near by airport...who knows?.......i could be wrong...

I have heard they cant build anything near or over 400ft because off a near by airport...who knows?.......i could be wrong...

That's never been confirmed.