TheCryptRaider

Why would you want the top-spin if KI already has one?

KI doesn't have a TopSpin. TopSpins are far more vigorous and fun than the Giant model KI (and ONLY KI) has. Same is true of Frisbees...

Exactly. :)

It's no secret our Giant Top Spin isn't capable of much. Great America's Top Spin does nine flips. Wouldn't you like that to be located inside our building, with theatrical lights and water all around it?

^ Hey, congrats on 32,000 posts, Interpreter! :P

That actually makes one wonder how they would be able to remove one flat ride and install another in said building without excess damage/destruction done to the building itself? If I recall, they built the ride structure first, then built the enclosure after they got finished.

What makes you say that? They arent allowed to tell people before the announccment tomorrow. on whio tv where i live, they just said people are speculating that it might be a waterpark addition but thats it, they didnt say thats what it was

Guest PizzaBaby027

Didn't say that it was a waterpark addition just rumors pointing towards that. The whole story was about speculation from the world of KI enthusiasts! Simple, could be anything!

I think there are plenty of better reasons why we won't see a 400 foot tall giga coaster at Kings Island.

Why not?

Top Thrill Dragster was cited by the CEO as one of the worst decisions he made back when it first opened and was broken frequently. In a poll on the park's Facebook page recently, they had visitors choose their favorite ride between Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster; Millennium won by a landslide. Considering the park's target audience with those two rides is the same audience you expect on Facebook, it's one way of saying that, ten years later, Millennium has proven to have greater longevity in the eyes of the public than its more-expensive cousin.

Not only that, but the only other strata-coaster on Earth, Kingda Ka, has had a LOT of issues, as recently as... Well... Now. It's closed, and rumors are that it will remain so through the end of the season... Again.

Didn't say that it was a waterpark addition just rumors pointing towards that. The whole story was about speculation from the world of KI enthusiasts! Simple, could be anything!

Didn't WLWT say that Diamondback was going to be a dive machine as well?

I really shouldn't care what they do next year, but I will say it's about time they did something to either fix SOB or replace it. The thing's been closed far too long, and since next year is the park's 40th anniversary (right?), they need to do something in keeping with that and not simply another waterpark expansion or rebranding.

I have to say, I'll be disappointed if this is a re-branding, especially if our waterpark were to become "Soak City" as Screamscape suggested. To me, it's a ridiculous notion, and would be the epitome of "de-themeing," as it were. Like when Top Gun becomes Flight Deck, or Drop Zone becomes Drop Tower. When the opportunity arises to give something a new, fresh, fun identity, why instead choose a generic version of its former identity?

Boomerang Bay is - without question - themed. The color palate, the names, and various decorations give it an atmosphere. From the squirting dijeridoos at the entrance to the Australian critter cutouts and themed food establishments. To, for whatever reason, purposefully remove all of those details in favor of a water-themed water-park is absolutely silly to me.

Quite the opposite, I think the Cedar Fair water parks still without the Australian theme (Kings Dominion's Water Works, Dorney Park's Wild Water Kingdom, etc) ought to adapt from us, not the other way around.

So here's hoping that they at least maintain what they have and don't toss it all away in favor of a "Soak City." It would be one thing if the brand name were recognizable like it might be in Southern California. As it is, I don't think many Kings Islanders even know what "Soak City" is, and we're only 2 hours from Cedar Point...

• Like 2

From what they showed on WLWT, I'm guessing a water coaster, and I'm sure I will be crucified on here if it isn't.......:).

That was a certain Speigel that said that, although he said it on WLWT's site so they technically could be at fault as well. :lol:

One thing I'd actually really like is a greater emphasis on the water park.

Why is Kings Island's logo

logo_ki.png

While Dorney Park's is:

logo_dp.png

Or Worlds of Fun's:

logo_wofoof.png

I think having "& Boomerang Bay" written below (though maybe in a fun, hand-written script instead of the same flag-dotted-i font) would be a nice touch and really help market it for what it is - 2 parks in 1.

How many years has it been since you've ridden Top Thrill Dragster? I haven't waited two hours in... ever... It's been 20 - 30 minutes every time I've been! Still, I think pretty much every ride has a "worth it" time.

Call me crazy (some will!) but Backlot Stunt Coaster is my second favorite roller coaster at Kings Island... if the wait is less than 10 minutes. It's a fun, twisty, well-done ride, but if I were to wait more than 10 minutes, I feel let down (which is why I think it was so poorly received by many during its first few seasons, when waits exceeded an hour). For Dragster, I wouldn't wait more than 30. As long as the wait's under 30, I find it to be a very incredible, breathtaking ride.

Ppl complain too much, like on the post they just posted about the announcement everyone complains about everything, like admission prices and stuff. I dont understand why people complain about EVERYTHING! If they dislike it so much, why bother. Everyone is so negative now a days. I personally think Kings Island has the best rates and even great prices on food and stuff. Ppl need to just be happy!

What I don't understand is why Kings Island's Facebook page even displays guest comments. All of the Six Flags parks I've encountered have their Facebook pages set up to display only official status updates from the park by default. You can write on their wall all you wish, but you must manually click "Everyone" from the wall options to see what guests are saying.

http://www.facebook....America?sk=wall

http://www.facebook.com/sixflagsgreatadventure?sk=wall

http://www.facebook.com/SixFlagsMagicMountain?sk=wall

Since Kings Island allegedly blocks people left and right after leaving disparaging comments, one must wonder why they don't just re-route the public wall feature entirely as Six Flags has... You just cannot deny that about 70% of the comments on that site are overwhelmingly negative, and the other 30% is primarily 13 - 17 year olds propagating rumors, slinging insults, and answering each-other's questions incorrectly.

Ppl complain too much, like on the post they just posted about the announcement everyone complains about everything, like admission prices and stuff. I dont understand why people complain about EVERYTHING! If they dislike it so much, why bother. Everyone is so negative now a days. I personally think Kings Island has the best rates and even great prices on food and stuff. Ppl need to just be happy!

Pot meet kettle :P